Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help downgrading firmware back to 3.12
9416 22 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pb05life
lvl.1

United States

Hey need help downgrading firmware back to 3.12 from 3.14, I have been having major battery issues since firmware upgrade. I also have seen others trying to go back because of issues as well.  I have tried door, test, 125 but it always says password is wrong. I have submitted a ticket to dji but unless you own a P3 or inspire they do not respond.

Please help, I a almost ready to just buy a used p2v+ just for the old firmware. So sad
2015-5-18
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The downloads page for your model should have the previous version of the assistant.
On my V+ it does anyway.
2015-5-18
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You cannot downgrade the firmware. The Phantom Assistant will always give you the latest version.
2015-5-19
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

You can get the previous version of the assistant with the version you want you will have to do a hard reset to load the previous version. Not for the faint of heart. There are YouTube video on hard reset and reloading the firmware. Not really recommended but durable.
2015-5-19
Use props
pb05life
lvl.1

United States

ok so a hard reset i assume will wipe memory then you reflash firmware. hmmm sounds easy enough. going to look into it
2015-5-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

pb05life@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-20 04:46
ok so a hard reset i assume will wipe memory then you reflash firmware. hmmm sounds easy enough. goi ...

Here is a video on doing a hard reset

2015-5-19
Use props
pb05life
lvl.1

United States

ok that is so easy, time to pull the bird apart
2015-5-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

pb05life@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-20 04:58
ok that is so easy, time to pull the bird apart

Make sure you delete the original APP from your computer and download the right version of the APP you want from the download page for your version of Phantom before you do the hard reset..
2015-5-19
Use props
Godfrey

China

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-20 05:13
Make sure you delete the original APP from your computer and download the right version of the APP  ...

Gerry, when you do this, will PT2 have the previous firmware with it or will it still need to check the DJI servers for the latest firmware? I'm asking because as Mike said, PT2 only shows the latest firmware, nothing to choose from. Cheers.
2015-5-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

Godfrey Posted at 2015-5-20 07:13
Gerry, when you do this, will PT2 have the previous firmware with it or will it still need to chec ...

The download page from DJI has both 3.6 and 3.8 for Phantom assistant.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download
2015-5-19
Use props
Godfrey

China

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-20 07:20
The download page from DJI has both 3.6 and 3.8 for Phantom assistant.

http://www.dji.com/product ...

OK. I've tried downloading then installing 3.6 last week but it still showed FW 3.14 while connected to the internet. I'll try it again, sans internet. Cheers.
2015-5-19
Use props
pb05life
lvl.1

United States

i'm going to use a fresh PC and make sure it is not connected to the internet that way it can't download 3.14. I hope it will use 3.08 instead
2015-5-19
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

pb05life@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-20 07:44
i'm going to use a fresh PC and make sure it is not connected to the internet that way it can't down ...

Fella's,

My bird is still on 3.12. Is there any way I can help? Can I somehow "download" my firmware? Just trying to help. I see this is a big issue on many boards.

Jerry
2015-5-19
Use props
pb05life
lvl.1

United States

that would be awesome if we can figure that out but we need someone that is good with the software side, not me.

I tried the hard reset, then running assistant 3.6 on a fresh PC (never seen dji on it before) hard reset super easy, used a jumper from a old hard drive worked great. when I connected to assistant without internet is says no updates. I was hoping that since it said that the firmware was 3.08 on the site that it was packaged with it. No luck. as soon as i connected to internet it downloaded 3.14 again. back to square one
2015-5-19
Use props
Godfrey

United States

pb05life@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-20 08:51
that would be awesome if we can figure that out but we need someone that is good with the software s ...

" ... when I connected to assistant without internet is says no updates. I was hoping that since it said that the firmware was 3.08 on the site that it was packaged with it. No luck. as soon as i connected to internet it downlo ...."

Hi PB, I'm in the same boat as you are so I really want to see you succeed.

Question - without connecting to the Internet, PT2 version 3.6 says no update, but did it report any firmware version or it showed only dashes  -- -- -- -- --?
2015-5-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Hey folks,...just my .02....The DJI site appears to be  a "forced loader" for lack of a better explanation....and as soon as you connect to the Internet it will download the latest version regardless of what you think or want which really sucks as when you turn on your ie. iPhone and there is an update for the iPhone, it at least advises you that there is an upgrade and you have the option to update it or not....
For this reason, I disabled my internet on the laptop I use for the Phantom following my 3.12 upgrade and have not connected it to the Internet since or will not...I could give you the 3.12 on a Dropbox but it will require the Internet to download the firmware which will give you the 3.14...pretty sure the only way you will get 3.12 is to go back in time or to buy a bird with 3.12 in it!...anyone with a Delaurian please let me know!
2015-5-19
Use props
pb05life
lvl.1

United States

Godfrey Posted at 2015-5-20 11:42
" ... when I connected to assistant without internet is says no updates. I was hoping that since i ...

It said no update and ----- for current. when i click no updates it says network error
2015-5-20
Use props
pb05life
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-5-20 12:46
Hey folks,...just my .02....The DJI site appears to be  a "forced loader" for lack of a better expla ...

I think if we can find 2.12 cached on someones computer we could at least trick the system, I don't care it it thinks I have 3.14 but loads 3.12

also it does download the new version but it doesn't force to to flash, that was me being dumb and not waiting
2015-5-20
Use props
marpla78
New

Argentina

Question if you do the hard reset all the preset buttons on the radio will get mess up? or is just the naza that get reset? thanks
2015-11-7
Use props
marpla78
New

Argentina

any luck on this?
2015-11-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

If you hard reset your Phantom you are basically erasing its brain! Then you need to reload the new Firmware...
As far as affecting the RC, I have not seen the video which is earlier on in this thread, I would watch that and see if he mentions it.
Thinking it through, if you are hard resetting your Phantom you are not doing anything to the RC in that procedure..just the Phantom though you may need to rebind them, not sure about the RC version and compatibility with the Phantoms version from that point forward..but the Phantom hard reset will not physically change anything on the RC.
2015-11-8
Use props
CEVO-0132
lvl.1

Turkey

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-11-8 09:12
If you hard reset your Phantom you are basically erasing its brain! Then you need to reload the new Firmware...
As far as affecting the RC, I have not seen the video which is earlier on in this thread, I would watch that and see if he mentions it.
Thinking it through, if you are hard resetting your Phantom you are not doing anything to the RC in that procedure..just the Phantom though you may need to rebind them, not sure about the RC version and compatibility with the Phantoms version from that point forward..but the Phantom hard reset will not physically change anything on the RC.

I know it been long long  time to stop discussing about that, and I cant believe that DJI have no solution about that problem which huge amount of people who make this upgrade have.
That is unbelieveable!!!
I stop flying for 4 years because of this f...cking problem, nowadays  I have my motivation back to solve that problem and get in the air and what I see is NO SOLUTION there.
That is... f...ck
I think that is done by DJI on purpose. They did this.
2020-9-20
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.1

United States

CEVO-0132 Posted at 9-20 11:29
I know it been long long  time to stop discussing about that, and I cant believe that DJI have no solution about that problem which huge amount of people who make this upgrade have.
That is unbelieveable!!!
I stop flying for 4 years because of this f...cking problem, nowadays  I have my motivation back to solve that problem and get in the air and what I see is NO SOLUTION there.

Of course it is on purpose, I think I can say without reservation that there is no-one who has dealt with DJI where they force people to pay for services that could easily be fixed by just giving them the software which is already written and have in their possesion.
2020-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules