Shot at a SS that doubled fps for better cinematography
645 3 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Federico e Luca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1258780 ft
France

Hi all, I found many many tutorials on YT speaking about relation between FPS and SS for great filming.

Essentially, everyone suggest to shoot movies at a ShutterSpeed double the clip FPS. Noones instead says "How to achieve this target".

I thought about "manual exposure", but even if I surely understand it for pictures, I never thought about it for movies.

I think that to respect the above rule, I should shot in SS priority, so manually setting "120" of SS in case of 60fps and then let P4P to set aperture to have the right exposure? Am I correct? I also discovered "lock exposure" in P4P+, so my doubt is: I have to always manual expose and lock it before filming? This could be pretty easy in a straight flight but during a pan or POI rotating in different directions respect to sun, I'll surely have wrong exposure during the shot... Could be the right technique?

2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. We will confirm this information with our engineers to provide accurate information for you. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Federico,  it is recommended to use manual expose for filming. For POI, you may use auto or aperture-priority to see the effect. In case of overexposure or underexposure, I'm afraid that you may fix it in post-processing.
2018-7-10
Use props
Judic
lvl.4
Ukraine

you should use ND filters to slow down shutter speed if it's too high, there are many to purchase from different brands including DJI. Search youtube how to use them
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules