Battery Storage
707 5 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alpbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 779281 ft
Turkey

Hello,There is something I want to ask the experienced pilots. It is generally advised that the batterries should be left at 60-80% for 1 to 10 days of no use and 40 - 60% for over 10 days . And they should not be fully charged or completely empty.

Everything seems to be clear! However, my question is how we can come to the advised levels. I see the magic word, "discharge" everywhere.  Isnt it a bit weird to discharge the fully charged battery to come to the advised levels? Can I simply charge the battery from the levels of like 10-12% to the advised levels? I mean, Do I really need to discharge the battery to store them? Does it make any difference between charging or discharging as long as the battery is kept at the at the advised levels?

I hope, my question is clear.
Thank you for your remarks

2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Put your depleted battery on charge and when the third LED light starts blinking (indicating 50% charge reached) turn off the charger and store the battery.
2018-7-5
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Head over to another Forum, MavicPilots.com and do a search on "battery care" .... there's a whole series of very informative descriptions and some links to videos that explain the DJI smart batteries, storage of LiPo's, charging strategies, etc.
Also, there's no need to put you posts in BOLD letters.  Seems like you shouting for attention :-)
2018-7-5
Use props
alpbird
lvl.3
Turkey

Dear First Officer,
I have already checked all the forums and other related websites about this issue. That is the reason why I aired this issue in here. Can you please direct me into any website which explicitly cites this issue? You CAN NOT. That is the reason why you are making such a simple remark and pretending to come up with a solution. I have never ever seen any comment on this issue even from DJI. By the way, if you get offended by my post which is in Bold, I am sorry this is your problem.

Dear Captain,
Your comment is highly appreciated. This is exactly what I was implementing.

Cheers,

2018-7-5
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

for storage, its recommended for LIthium Batteries to be kept at 40%(or close to it). max storage time is 5 - 6 months. i usually fly all my batteries down to 25% - 28%(as of lately) than plug it into the charger until it reaches 40%, than put them into storage(more than 10 days = storage)

note: never store ur batteries under 20% and never leave a battery stored for more than 6 months
2018-7-6
Use props
alpbird
lvl.3
Turkey

Thank you Kevinab
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules