When you sell a drone.
1062 8 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft

Hi all, when  you sell your drone is there anything important that needs to be done etc etc.  Other than make sure payment is good

Thanks.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Just make sure that the new owner has the copy of the receipt, just in case he/she needs to claim warranty.
2018-7-5
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-5 05:36
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Just make sure that the new owner has the copy of the receipt, just in case he/she needs to claim warranty.

A couple of questions based on your answer...
Does this mean the buyer can still use the warranty if they have the receipt of purchase?
Would the buyer need to contact DJI to change all of the drone registration info to them or does it stay under the seller's name?
2018-7-5
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3

In my case they cannot use a warranty because I bought from a supplier other than DJI.

I was just wondering about the actual device and online data storage and future use with another owner etc etc.

So yeah like the previous post Q

2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Format the micro SD card if you're giving it to them as part of the deal.
2018-7-5
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 06:14
Format the micro SD card if you're giving it to them as part of the deal.

Yeah, that will be done, I was wondering about original purchase and ID with SN and then a change of owner with no real legal change like a car purchase etc, what happens if the drone in the future causes damage and all they can link back to is the original owner!
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2018-7-5 06:20
Yeah, that will be done, I was wondering about original purchase and ID with SN and then a change of owner with no real legal change like a car purchase etc, what happens if the drone in the future causes damage and all they can link back to is the original owner!

It will be traced back to device mate and will have nothing to do with you. The buyer will need to create a DJI account in their details and the drone will then be assigned to their account. I've sold 5 DJI drones privately and have never had any come back. The only difference is if the drone is registered in your name with the CAA but registration (in the UK at least) is not yet required.
2018-7-5
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3

Positive response appreciated.  TY.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>