1545 24 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When the drone is turned off I have an option in the camera settings of the GO4 app to set a centre point (cross hair) in the device screen on my iPhone 7 plus on the latest app version and FW for the Mavic Air.
When the drone is turned on and connected this specific option disappears from GO4 though the previously set centre point when the drone was switched off remains on the screen so a minor glitch but one that needs to be fixed...
DJI Admin - can you please forward this to the engineers for the next update. Thanks.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, we appreciate the feedback! We will surely have this reported to our developers.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-5 07:46
Hello, we appreciate the feedback! We will surely have this reported to our developers.

Thanks Natalia. No rush but thought you'd like to know as I've seen a few questions raised on this on youtube so tested it for myself - never even knew you could set a centre point on the MA but you can - though only when it's switched off which is odd.
2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I did not know about this option either, thank you for pointing this out.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-5 07:57
I did not know about this option either, thank you for pointing this out.

This is for IOS - not sure if Android is OK. Just pick up your mobile/device (you don't even need the RC) and enter the first person camera view unconnected. Go to camera settings and tap the 'gear' icon on the right side - half way down the list is an option to set a centre point in a variety of different shapes and colours. However, when you connect the app to the drone this option completely disappears but your previous setting will remain.
2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 08:01
This is for IOS - not sure if Android is OK. Just pick up your mobile/device (you don't even need the RC) and enter the first person camera view unconnected. Go to camera settings and tap the 'gear' icon on the right side - half way down the list is an option to set a centre point in a variety of different shapes and colours. However, when you connect the app to the drone this option completely disappears but your previous setting will remain.

I have just checked on my mobile. Without anything connected, I don't get any of the camera/gimbal settings. Shall try again when connected next time.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-5 08:22
I have just checked on my mobile. Without anything connected, I don't get any of the camera/gimbal settings. Shall try again when connected next time.

You should still get the camera settings option - the icon directly under the photo shutter button on the right side of the main first person view screen
2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 08:24
You should still get the camera settings option - the icon directly under the photo shutter button on the right side of the main first person view screen

As mentioned before, I do not get anything of that. Not even the Follow/FPV button.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-5 08:38
As mentioned before, I do not get anything of that. Not even the Follow/FPV button.

Look down the right hand side and you'll see the option for centre points. As you can see the drone is not turned on/connected. The centre points option disappears when it is. As mentioned before, this is for IOS and not Android.
2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 09:11
Look down the right hand side and you'll see the option for centre points. As you can see the drone is not turned on/connected. The centre points option disappears when it is. [view_image] As mentioned before, this is for IOS and not Android.

You wrote that I do not need to be connected to the RC either. When doing that on Android, I do not get any of these options, don't you believe me? I can try doing it with connection to the RC later and let you know.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-5 10:44
You wrote that I do not need to be connected to the RC either. When doing that on Android, I do not get any of these options, don't you believe me? I can try doing it with connection to the RC later and let you know.

You don't need to be connected to the RC - this screen shot isn't either. As I said, it's for iOS so probably won't make any difference to you. It is clearly a glitch for us though but I'm pleased DJI have responded directly and are taking it forward so no need to labour the point.
2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Ok, so now you know that things are quite different in the Android version. When not connected, none of these menus are available.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-5 12:41
Ok, so now you know that things are quite different in the Android version. When not connected, none of these menus are available.

I never stated that they were the same...
"When the drone is turned off I have an option in the camera settings of the GO4 app to set a centre point (cross hair) in the device screen on my iPhone 7 plus on the latest app version and FW for the Mavic Air".
The iPhone 7 plus isn't an Android device the last I checked. I will never use an Android device - period! ;)
2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 12:47
I never stated that they were the same...
"When the drone is turned off I have an option in the camera settings of the GO4 app to set a centre point (cross hair) in the device screen on my iPhone 7 plus on the latest app version and FW for the Mavic Air".
The iPhone 7 plus isn't an Android device the last I checked. I will never use an Android device - period! ;)

I really don't understand this reaction. I fully believe that what you have reported here is absolutely correct! And all I wanted to report back is that the Android version is apparently very different in this regard for whatever reason. Please accept my sincere apologies should I have caused any offense!
But, one thing I can guarantee you as well, I shall never own an iOS device, period.
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-5 12:57
I really don't understand this reaction. I fully believe that what you have reported here is absolutely correct! And all I wanted to report back is that the Android version is apparently very different in this regard for whatever reason. Please accept my sincere apologies should I have caused any offense!
But, one thing I can guarantee you as well, I shall never own an iOS device, period.

You don't know what you're missing pal
2018-7-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 13:00
You don't know what you're missing pal

I am not missing anything. My Spark has flown perfectly as my MA does now with Android CrystalSky. This is all I need and am happy with :-) As you know I am an old man and we are like kids, you can easily make them happy with little things... ;-)
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-5 13:18
I am not missing anything. My Spark has flown perfectly as my MA does now with Android CrystalSky. This is all I need and am happy with :-) As you know I am an old man and we are like kids, you can easily make them happy with little things... ;-)

I have no further comment. Good bye!
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Please verify the version of the aircraft is v01.00.0400 and APP is v4.2.22 so we can isolate the issue. Thanks!
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-6 08:33
Please verify the version of the aircraft is v01.00.0400 and APP is v4.2.22 so we can isolate the issue. Thanks!

DJI Mavic Air
IOS 11.4 on iPhone 7 plus
AC FW on .0400
RC FW on .0100
GO4 app version is 4.2.22
All databases bang up to date
Nothing is pending
Many thanks

2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 08:47
DJI Mavic Air
IOS 11.4 on iPhone 7 plus
AC FW on .0400

Thank you for the quick response, we are now checking this and will update you soon as we have an answer
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-6 08:50
Thank you for the quick response, we are now checking this and will update you soon as we have an answer

Brilliant. Thank you once more Natalia.
2018-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 09:11
Look down the right hand side and you'll see the option for centre points. As you can see the drone is not turned on/connected. The centre points option disappears when it is. [view_image] As mentioned before, this is for IOS and not Android.

That has never been an option to change when connected, you have to set that parameter before turn on and then it will be there when your ready to go.

I have been using centre points since I first got the Mavic Air and have only ever been able to change when all was powered off. Don’t know the reason why but that’s the way it always has been.

Just set it to what you need and when you power up it will be there.
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-6 09:08
That has never been an option to change when connected, you have to set that parameter before turn on and then it will be there when your ready to go.

I have been using centre points since I first got the Mavic Air and have only ever been able to change when all was powered off. Don’t know the reason why but that’s the way it always has been.

Looks like it's an error as you can on the Mavic Pro. Anyway, DJI are clearly on the case so we'll soon see.
2018-7-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-7-6 09:14
Looks like it's an error as you can on the Mavic Pro. Anyway, DJI are clearly on the case so we'll soon see.

If it an error it’s been there since the beginning, on Mavic Pro yes you can set CP while AC is turned on, I tend to set all my camera settings I can when aircraft is turned off saves time and battery. But yeah I never noticed it simply because that was the way I approach my set up.
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-6 09:25
If it an error it’s been there since the beginning, on Mavic Pro yes you can set CP while AC is turned on, I tend to set all my camera settings I can when aircraft is turned off saves time and battery. But yeah I never noticed it simply because that was the way I approach my set up.

Given that my other six DJI drones that I have owned enable the centre points to turn on and off and their shape and colour to suit my needs during flight (like the grid lines do) I would presume that their latest drone would do the same. It appears from DJI Natalia that this is indeed a glitch with the MA using iOS with GO4 given her response. I've raised it now direct to DJI mods (following their process) who have kindly acknowledged my request so once more, lets wait and see what they come back with.
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules