Goggles Compatibility with P4P 2.0?
1260 5 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I'm interested in buying the goggles to use with our P4P 2.0, but I cannot seem to find any reference to the newest P4P version in the manual for the DJI Goggles.

Is this aircraft compatible with the goggles, given the new firmware available this month?

Also, is it possible to get 1080P / 30 resolution without dropping the camera's record resolution to 2.7K (a current limitation of the tablet-based system)?
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Yes, it is compatible with DJI googles RE. Let me clarify, are you referring to the resolution of the files saved on your tablet? Or the files saved on your SD card? Please check this video .
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

P4P V2 is now also compatible with the Goggles (white) after the release of firmware V01.04.0400 for the Goggles yesterday.

Edit:- Also, is it possible to get 1080P / 30 resolution without dropping the camera's record resolution to 2.7K (a current limitation of the tablet-based system)?

HD display of liveview is not available when recording in 4k, in goggles the message is Changing video format may stop video recording or reset camera settings
2018-7-5
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-5 08:46
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Yes, it is compatible with DJI googles RE. Let me clarify, are you referring to the resolution of the files saved on your tablet? Or the files saved on your SD card? Please check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovWoMmre2nA .

I'm referring to the resolution of the live video feed. For instance, on the 720P feed on my CS, I was unable to see that there was a wire stretched across a river that I was flying over, until I watched the 4K footage on a 4K display.
If I try to set the live video to 1080P, the system knocks the recording resolution down to 2.7K.
From what I read here, it looks like the goggles don't allow 1080P live video while the drone records in 4K. That's a bummer. I need more resolution to fly FPV safely, such as avoiding wires that are stretched across some CT rivers.
2018-7-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was in 720 and i saw the leccy cables with my standard DJI Goggles, the view is so much better using even the standard goggles opposed to the device, its like sitting a few feet from a 40" tv
2018-7-5
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-7-5 21:02
I was in 720 and i saw the leccy cables with my standard DJI Goggles, the view is so much better using even the standard goggles opposed to the device, its like sitting a few feet from a 40" tv

I will have to try a pair to see how good the image really is. Having full coverage of visual field probably helps a lot, as opposed to a 8" screen with reflections.

I'm leaning toward the RE because of the purported better antennas and longer range, plus more connectivity options.
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules