Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FIX the DJI Go (Android) - Image transmission problems
3427 36 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 97073 ft

It seems that I'm not the onlyone how has image transmission problems with the latest go app (and  other SWs). If the DJI is following this forum, customer feebacks and google play then is shoul be obvious that there is serious problmes in that. DJI, when we will see fix for this?
2018-7-5
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031240 ft

Hello,

Not sure if you are aware, but since the 0.400 firmware upgrade, some Mavic Air are just unusable (including mine). And it's been 2 months. Without an official word on the various issues introduced by this firmware. I wouldn't could on a fast resolution of the video lag problem (one of the many issues affecting me).

Patience may help

2018-7-5
Use props
djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8
lvl.4

The Otter Posted at 2018-7-5 10:23
Hello,

Not sure if you are aware, but since the 0.400 firmware upgrade, some Mavic Air are just unusable (including mine). And it's been 2 months. Without an official word on the various issues introduced by this firmware. I wouldn't could on a fast resolution of the video lag problem (one of the many issues affecting me).

Meanwhile it's not even a toy.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, we are sorry for the inconvenience this have brought you. We will report this to our developers and we appreciate your feedback.
2018-7-5
Use props
djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8
lvl.4

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-5 10:37
Hello, we are sorry for the inconvenience this have brought you. We will report this to our developers and we appreciate your feedback.

When you will tell us the reply results from your developers? Waiting for your quick solution to this.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8 Posted at 2018-7-5 10:44
When you will tell us the reply results from your developers? Waiting for your quick solution to this.

As of the moment we cannot give a time frame. However once we got a feedback we will surely let you know.
2018-7-5
Use props
dronebj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 706965 ft

Hey,

Since updating the android app to the latest version (4.2.20) and also updating the Mavic Pro's firmware to the latest version, I have serious image quality problems. The image is so scrambled that it makes the drone unusable. Please see attached Screenshot.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!
2018-7-5
Use props
Merced69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

I am one of the many that had to roll back their Apps, my app had these issues, plus it kept crashing, multiple times a flight.  I have rolled back, and so far in testing, no crashing!!
2018-7-5
Use props
djiuser_gd4Nf2YnZiqe
lvl.1
New Zealand

New update today. My mavic pro is now flyable after being grounded with video transmission problems since last update. Check now fullaz.
2018-7-5
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

djiuser_gd4Nf2YnZiqe Posted at 2018-7-5 22:55
New update today. My mavic pro is now flyable after being grounded with video transmission problems since last update. Check now fullaz.

how did you solve your previous issue?
2018-7-5
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Pardon my double post (elsewhere) but this thread is a good active one to also participate in...

On this issue, DJI Suport is officially telling me "Their is no software issue". But they are 'escalating" a case I have whereby this exact issue is claimed.  My reply is below   BTW it has taken nearly 3 months for this 'escalation'

"I appreciate the escalation.  As for ‘no software issue’, I would trust that you read your support forums and can see that this issue is exactly described by numerous other users…and the topic itself is likely one of the most discussed topic being currently discussed – multiple threads on this on your main page and throughout.  If this is not software issue, then it is hardware (and not phone or cable related as it occurs with compatible phones, even Crystal Sky), but no hardware specific errors are ever reported in the logs on this issue  (not for any user, and the faults occur in perfect flight environments – no signal or distance issues ever), therefore it is software.  In any regard, thank you for escalating and I sincerely trust the advanced department will look at this evidence in addition to the detailed info and data that I’ve provided most recently.  Thanks."

To any/all DJI Moderators out there: We assume you communicate this issue with your Engineering/R&D group and express the large and growing concern among many users that are experiencing this exact issue...why is there no official admission of this issue and why are user's phones appear to taking the blame?  When a support case is initiated on this, we are told 'there  are no software issues' and at the same time are told that according to the data analysis there are no hardware issues too.  Where is DJI's 'data' that proves that there is 'no issue'.  These issues also occur on fully compatible devices, which are fully up-to-date with SW/FW and in flight environments which offer no potential causes, and seem to be equally affected.  More communication on this issue will go a long way to establishing or re-establishing trust.
2018-7-6
Use props
djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8
lvl.4
Finland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-5 11:02
As of the moment we cannot give a time frame. However once we got a feedback we will surely let you know.

Any updates  to this??
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, our R&E are still on process of testing the update. For a temporary fix, please downgrade the app. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-7-9
Use props
mickr1969
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-9 10:56
Hello, our R&E are still on process of testing the update. For a temporary fix, please downgrade the app. We apologize for the inconvenience.

That seems the first constructive post I've seen from an admin on this issue. Normally it's the "try re-installing" or "try a different cable". At least this is a better response.
2018-7-9
Use props
MavicRich
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, our R&E are still on process of testing the update. For a temporary fix, please downgrade the app. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your help so far. Are the developers aware there is an issue then? And if so, is it firmware or app related?
2018-7-9
Use props
djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8
lvl.4
Finland

Please provide the instructions / links to this downgrade.
BTW - What is schedule for update?
2018-7-9
Use props
djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8
lvl.4
Finland

Hello, our R&E are still on process of testing the update. For a temporary fix, please downgrade the app. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Could you write the downgrade instructions for us without any further delays.
2018-7-10
Use props
djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8
lvl.4
Finland

DJI we are still waiting your correction! Meanwhile you can send us the downgrade instructions!!

2018-7-11
Use props
djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8
lvl.4
Finland

DJI - When there will be correction to this??
2018-7-15
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

4.2.21 results in the same issues for many Android devices.

Revert to 4.2.16  4.2.14, 4.2.12 and the App should be fine again on Android devices. I've confirmed the Go4 App works on these versions.
2018-7-16
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-16 02:17
4.2.21 results in the same issues for many Android devices.

Revert to 4.2.16  4.2.14, 4.2.12 and the App should be fine again on Android devices. I've confirmed the Go4 App works on these versions.

Which android device do you have?
2018-7-16
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

alexmbraMav Posted at 2018-7-16 19:22

Samsung S7
2018-7-16
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

alexmbraMav Posted at 2018-7-16 19:22

Several, plus the ones our drone club guys are tracking. Issue is pretty broad.

S3 2017 was fine until 4.2.20, little flakey with 4.2.16, but workable. Today unusable with 4.2.20 or .21
Great fast cpu, 4G ram, amazing screen, very bright tablet. Works best on 4.2.14. That's where mine as well as 7 others in our group using the S3 have remained.

S7. Same as others here. Blotchy video, and an "aircraft disconnect" when the app crashed. Rebooting did not fix it. Had to land, restart all devices to get it to reconnect.

Note 4. This is on their list of known working products. It doesn't work well with 4.2.20 +

Note 8. That one is fine. Hard to beat, and it is probably one of the most powerful devices on the market.

Rooted Asus TF700. Worked well up until 4.2.20+, but it works on 4.2.16 and older.

Nvidia Shield. Very popular tablet. Worked for many well over a year of having the MP, now many are having the exact same video transmission issues. Reverting to 4.2.16 is better, but something still is not right.

Tab A10.1. Worked great up until 4.2.20+

Some of these are the most common retail products at any electronics store, Amazon etc. Many are way beyond spec of the 705c that is recommended. That tablet is several years old.

Thing is, most of those older devices have not seen anything since Android 6. So the updates that are on some user devices from newer products are not being applied to these older tablets. A lot of these have been rooted as well.

Many flyers in our group are losing interest in DJI given these issues, plus the firmware issues of Mavic Air. Worst going on MP is the app disconnect and "aircraft disconnected" problem. Mavic Pro was always great for its connectivity, it's amazing range, and handling. Nowadays not so much. The guys in our group are not going to buying iOS devices to fix these problems. I already had a Mini4 I bought a while ago long before these issues. It too is getting a laggy and sometimes choppy feed. It's not even as powerful as the other devices above.

Hopefully, MP2 has a display right in the controller, and these issues go away for that product. If not, this could be a blow to the DJI house. Reviews are getting bad.
2018-7-16
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

There is a known problem with DJI Go 4 version 4.2.20 for Android.
See...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=156687

(I wrote some instructions for downgrading there.)
2018-7-16
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia,

Is there any chance of DJI cleaning up my instructions in...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=156687
...and posting this as a sticky or KB article that people can be directed to.

I think this would go a long way to managing this issue while the developers work on the real fix. At the moment it's a nightmare.
2018-7-16
Use props
gertjan_bos
lvl.2
Netherlands

Trying 4.2.2
2018-7-17
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

I Just bought this New chino Phone, vernee Mars pro, cpu hélio p25 with 6 GB RAM for 159€, and it works great so far, at least until some new update from dji, eating which time a lot more resources from our Phones.
2018-7-18
Use props
djiuser_pgDMkwkB9Bk8
lvl.4
Finland

DJI - When there will be correction to this??

The latest google play  reviews are mostly 1-stars.  Probably the sw is not in good shape.... at least from customer point of view.
2018-7-20
Use props
D-Rosin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

hello this is an old thread, but i am having this same problem, with my drone, i cant see the, the screen looks like crap, i also use Samsung S7 as well... not sure what to do, any help?
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

D-Rosin Posted at 8-16 20:49
hello this is an old thread, but i am having this same problem, with my drone, i cant see the, the screen looks like crap, i also use Samsung S7 as well... not sure what to do, any help?

Are you using the DJI micro USB short wire from the controller to the Samsung S7 and is it damaged? Perhaps you should try and plug in an undamaged micro USB to USB-A wire by plugging it into the controller (but through the USB-A controller input on the middle part of the RC). See if that clears up your problem otherwise it could be that the drone is broadcasting scrambled video feed if of course your Samsung S7 screen is as sharp as it typically is?..
2019-8-16
Use props
D-Rosin
lvl.4
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-16 20:54
Are you using the DJI micro USB short wire from the controller to the Samsung S7 and is it damaged? Perhaps you should try and plug in an undamaged micro USB to USB-A wire by plugging it into the controller (but through the USB-A controller input on the middle part of the RC). See if that clears up your problem otherwise it could be that the drone is broadcasting scrambled video feed if of course your Samsung S7 screen is as sharp as it typically is?..

This was taken today, it's now been 1yr and this is still going on, happens every 1-2 mins
Screenshot_20190816-163237.jpg
Screenshot_20190816-163323.jpg
2019-8-16
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

D-Rosin Posted at 8-16 20:59
This was taken today, it's now been 1yr and this is still going on, happens every 1-2 mins

That happened to me with my Samsung S7 after a DJI Go 4 App update to a new version and after the .21 update everything started to improve. What version of the application are you using? Are you on the latest version?
2019-8-16
Use props
D-Rosin
lvl.4
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-16 21:21
That happened to me with my Samsung S7 after a DJI Go 4 App update to a new version and after the .21 update everything started to improve. What version of the application are you using? Are you on the latest version?

the latest version, i dont know how to downgrade, or what version to use.
2019-8-17
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

D-Rosin Posted at 8-17 05:48
the latest version, i dont know how to downgrade, or what version to use.

Do you have a lot of apps on your phone or is there not much free space??? I swear by my Samsung S7 it has 4GB RAM and in my testing has performed as good as other new Samsung S8 or higher smart devices...
2019-8-17
Use props
D-Rosin
lvl.4
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-17 07:38
Do you have a lot of apps on your phone or is there not much free space??? I swear by my Samsung S7 it has 4GB RAM and in my testing has performed as good as other new Samsung S8 or higher smart devices...

yes i have plenty of space on the phone & SD card in the phone as well.
is anyone having this issue? fuck i am thinking about taking it back to Bestbuy & replace it for the Mavic air.... unless that also does the same ... to....
2019-8-17
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

D-Rosin Posted at 8-17 13:00
yes i have plenty of space on the phone & SD card in the phone as well.
is anyone having this issue? fuck i am thinking about taking it back to Bestbuy & replace it for the Mavic air.... unless that also does the same ... to....

What type of SD card are you using, is it a recommended brand or else that could be the problem?
2019-8-17
Use props
D-Rosin
lvl.4
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-17 17:14
What type of SD card are you using, is it a recommended brand or else that could be the problem?

the one that came with the drone
2019-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules