Phantom 4 stream to PC and processing video
5114 11 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_goTgAk81JjFC
New

Canada

I have a phantom 4 pro. I need to stream the video stream from the drone to a PC and then process the video on the PC using OpenCV. Does anyone know how I can do it? I want the latency to be minimal by the way
2018-7-5
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Sorry - streaming to a PC? I don't understand this. Streaming is meant for life platforms.
If you want to process the video on a PC why don't you take the SD card from the drone and copy the files to your PC?

Maybe I'm missing something here. So disregard it when I'm off.
2018-7-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Until DJI release some useful PC software (possibly never) your choice is to use a HDMI module on the RC and require your PC to have a HDMI input port.
No matter what you do, you'll have a low resolution video transferred from the Aircraft, even the V2.0 with OcuSync has a max live view resolution of 1080p.
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. May I know what do you mean by streaming? Do you mean like the Live stream? Or are you talking about the recorded videos?
2018-7-6
Use props
djiuser_goTgAk81JjFC
New

Canada

I just need to get the frames real time on the PC to do some image processing on them. One way is to stream them to a server (using rtmp) and then fetch them from the server or grab them via the hdmi cable and and capture card I suppose. Is this the right track?
2018-7-10
Use props
Bojtren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9132841 ft
North Macedonia

Hi. Can I ask you: Does P4pro v2 (not plus) have an HDMI out port?
If not, can the HDMI module from P3pro be set and working?
Thanks
2018-7-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Bojtren Posted at 2018-7-19 03:36
Hi. Can I ask you: Does P4pro v2 (not plus) have an HDMI out port?
If not, can the HDMI module from P3pro be set and working?
Thanks

No the non + has no HDMI and no, the statements so far from the Admins here is that the old module don't work on the V2.0 controller.
2018-7-22
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-5 23:03
Until DJI release some useful PC software (possibly never) your choice is to use a HDMI module on the RC and require your PC to have a HDMI input port.
No matter what you do, you'll have a low resolution video transferred from the Aircraft, even the V2.0 with OcuSync has a max live view resolution of 1080p.

Is this true for any live streaming platform such as Facebook or YouTube?

I haven't done any live streaming yet via my P4PV2.0 but I've thought about it...
2018-7-22
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-7-22 16:07
Is this true for any live streaming platform such as Facebook or YouTube?

I haven't done any live streaming yet via my P4PV2.0 but I've thought about it...

What part of it are you asking about?
If/When it works you should be able to stream live to FB, YT and Twitter(?), i have no account on any of them so i don't know the status but the resolution can't be high. Often there are post that make me believe it might not work as the users want it to.

In regards to the OP it would be downhill to stream against a foreign site to catch the stream on a local computer in order to do image processing.
OP didn't mention what was the purpose but it can imagine a high resolution streaming to a local computer would be great for live counting animals, plants, crowds or for tracking purposes.
2018-7-22
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-22 22:02
What part of it are you asking about?
If/When it works you should be able to stream live to FB, YT and Twitter(?), i have no account on any of them so i don't know the status but the resolution can't be high. Often there are post that make me believe it might not work as the users want it to.

The lower quality/resolution part it was I was asking about.
2018-7-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-7-23 14:43
The lower quality/resolution part it was I was asking about.

I can't see how it would be able to live stream in higher quality than the stream received from the aircraft so it must be similar to the Q of a cached recording. Obvious i have not tried this myself or watched any so i could be wrong.
2018-7-23
Use props
djiuser_jvF5qIJnbMjh
New

India

If you want to Video Language Streaming Software for your school, Visit Lainlab.com, the best multimedia language lab software development company offers Video Language Streaming Software to learning Control for schools and make your classroom teaching experience that much better and more efficient.
2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules