13509 204 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably working on changing product line prices after Trumps moronic tariff announcements ;-)
2018-7-5
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-5 12:59
i hate this f**cking thread.... i hate fanboyism so much, can you guys stop stroking Dji off ?    dji like any other company needs to continue to innovate, meet and exceed goals and need to not get caught up with complacency.

just look at Apple computers if you want a good insight into what a lack of innovation does to a company.. they are behind in computer design and tech compared to almost any other computer company, no touch screens, no tablets, no foldable designs.. just same rehashed designs from 5+ years ago, made thinner and more space grey with a touch bar that's 1/4 inch wide.  they are outclassed by many other brands and makers now a days and have very little keep people coming back.

I decided to take a vacation from Asia and went to the other side of the world for my aerial viewing. Gotta say the view is phenomenal !

http://www.greektravel.com/greekislands/anafi/
2018-7-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-7-5 15:20
I decided to take a vacation from Asia and went to the other side of the world for my aerial viewing. Gotta say the view is phenomenal !

http://www.greektravel.com/greekislands/anafi/

absolutely stunning!  im officially jealous.
2018-7-5
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-7-5 15:30
absolutely stunning!  im officially jealous.

You catch my drift right?
2018-7-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-7-5 15:36
You catch my drift right?

yep ;) i wonder does it have 4G/LTE support....  would be one hella disco if it did ;)
   just imagine
2018-7-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

France really isn’t on the other side of the world compared to China...
2018-7-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

How are you liking the Anafi btw?
2018-7-5
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-7-5 15:43
How are you liking the Anafi btw?

Great spot, very friendly, extremely quiet place and nobody complains where and when you fly. Very colorful terrain and if you look up nothing but blue sky.
2018-7-5
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

The recent version of DJI Go problems may related to the new drone. Looks like a big upgrade on Go for new drone cause those problems. Possible they facing bigger problem with the software then expected.
2018-7-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GDL Posted at 2018-7-5 18:41
The recent version of DJI Go problems may related to the new drone. Looks like a big upgrade on Go for new drone cause those problems. Possible they facing bigger problem with the software then expected.

maybe?  potentially good theory, but i can think of a counterpoint....its always been a bit of a mess..
2018-7-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Lucky I bought my MP and did not decide to wait for a hopeful MP2
2018-7-5
Use props
sjd666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3785020 ft
United Kingdom

Email from dji
134B5964-78A5-4BB4-9F22-1CAB67502460.png
2018-7-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So it's official then - the drone isn't ready for release...
2018-7-5
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not too bothered about the cancelled announcement, like most people on this forum I'm interested in whats next and new. I see this as a wallet friendly announcement that doesn't make a difference to the enjoyment of my MP, even though its not perfect by any stretch. DJI are probably busy making sure the product is fit for purpose before pushing the mass production button hence the usual delivery delays following a product launch. If the cancellation  linked to a recent copyright lawsuit, it may be a while.
2018-7-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is too bad.
Hope they will postpone to after I get back from holiday
2018-7-6
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-7-5 15:01
Probably working on changing product line prices after Trumps moronic tariff announcements ;-)

That was my first thought.  The cost of these things is about to skyrocket....
2018-7-6
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-7-5 21:52
Lucky I bought my MP and did not decide to wait for a hopeful MP2

Indeed, that was a good decision.  
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Celsus Posted at 2018-7-5 23:35
I'm not too bothered about the cancelled announcement, like most people on this forum I'm interested in whats next and new. I see this as a wallet friendly announcement that doesn't make a difference to the enjoyment of my MP, even though its not perfect by any stretch. DJI are probably busy making sure the product is fit for purpose before pushing the mass production button hence the usual delivery delays following a product launch. If the cancellation  linked to a recent copyright lawsuit, it may be a while.

My thoughts exactly.
2018-7-6
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-5 12:41
Hi, thanks for your inquiry, as of the moment we haven't received any information or updates in regards with this events, please pay attention to our website in any case that we will be having events as well.

So does that mean the 18th event has not been canceled
2018-7-6
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Exib Posted at 2018-7-6 03:56

No, it means they are the last ones to find out.
2018-7-6
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exib Posted at 2018-7-6 03:56

Click the [DJI.com] on the banner at the bottom of the Forum page.  Announcement banner is gone from the company page.  Hence the presumptions ;-)  
2018-7-6
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The way the DJI guy responded it sounded like he thought it was still on
2018-7-6
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a video where I discuss my thoughts on the delay...

2018-7-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

KlooGee Posted at 2018-7-6 05:03
Here is a video where I discuss my thoughts on the delay...

Nice video, thank you! And I share your thoughts. Some problem must have emerged during the final testing before the planned release. Also the group of reviewers who get devices in advance for testing and for having their reviews ready on the launch day might have discovered a malfunction. We might never learn what exactly has led to the postponement decision, but it was a good decision in my opinion.
2018-7-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-5 22:42
So it's official then - the drone isn't ready for release...

Or whatever it is, isn't ready for release.  Still not sure that it is a new drone.

Still, I applaud DJI's decision to hold off the event until they believe their product is ready.  
Releasing a product that isn't ready is as bad as VaporWare.
2018-7-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-6 07:07
Or whatever it is, isn't ready for release.  Still not sure that it is a new drone.

Still, I applaud DJI's decision to hold off the event until they believe their product is ready.  

That is another way of looking at it - just like they did with the Mavic Air ;)
2018-7-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not at all disappointed by DJI's announcement to push back its See The Bigger Picture campaign. It gives me more fun with my Mavic Pro knowing it remains the best overall drone. I don't want to say it, but in an earlier thread, started a week ago, I stated how it was possible DJI was being unsuccessful with marketing See The Bigger Picture. Have a look:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-154232-1-1.html
2018-7-6
Use props
Ste Young
New

United Kingdom

Do think there is a lot of supposition here. Would say that it'll just be a case of DJi having something and wanting to get it right. #Simples
2018-7-6
Use props
Ste Young
New

United Kingdom

Do think there is a lot of supposition here.
My beleif is that it'll just be a case of DJi having found something and wanting to get it right. #Simples  We shall have to just sit tight and wait for the new date, well that is, those that have yet to buy a first drone (thats me!) or an upgrade, or 2nd drone or whatevs. Patience is key here. #KeepCalmandgetdroning
2018-7-6
Use props
Merced69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-5 14:16
I was going by past company experience.  It takes something seriously wrong to cancel a hyped and scheduled Marketing event.  And it takes management who really care about their customers and company to make the call to cancel.  Usually igniting a major internal political battle.  Realizing Board of Directors are catching it from short-sighted stockholders.

Oh yeah I agree, from internal, DJI had to have something big to cancel an event that was already hyped online.  It makes them look bad, even if it is the right decision for the product they are trying to hype.
2018-7-6
Use props
Merced69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-6 06:26
Nice video, thank you! And I share your thoughts. Some problem must have emerged during the final testing before the planned release. Also the group of reviewers who get devices in advance for testing and for having their reviews ready on the launch day might have discovered a malfunction. We might never learn what exactly has led to the postponement decision, but it was a good decision in my opinion.

Maybe they were using the New DJI GO app, and it kept crashing on them so they couldn't get a good review......I know this all sounds too unreasonable to be true......
2018-7-6
Use props
Ste Young
New

United Kingdom

I am one of those sitting tight waiting for the next Mavic to be released. Been waiting since the launch of the Air which I so nearly purchased until the first Mavic Pro 2 rumours started. Cant wait.
2018-7-6
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

asaw Posted at 2018-7-5 13:22
In some aspects they are ahead, but in others they themselves are years behind companies producing drones like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scpcG5Re0-M
And I think the main problem for DJI is software.

That follow mode is impressive but the video quality looks like Tello.
2018-7-6
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

September IMO for MP2. Bigger Picture is possibly some AR 360 themed device - which could still be a MP2 but then again ...
2018-7-6
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-7-6 08:37
September IMO for MP2. Bigger Picture is possibly some AR 360 themed device - which could still be a MP2 but then again ...

I actually made a video with a wild speculation about it potentially including a 360 camera.  Not sure I actually believe that it will be, but I do think that at some point in the future, drones with 360 camera capability are going to be a big deal.  

If you look at the Skydio, it already has at least 8 cameras on it (2 at each corner) for object avoidance.  Once it becomes reasonably priced to have that many decent cameras on it, stitching together all of those angles would make for some incredible views!
2018-7-6
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Still a bunch of MP's  and MA's to sell. Retailers probably said "hold up until this inventory moves"
2018-7-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone know where the link (URL) is to get these DJI press releases as their coming out.  I know I've subscribed to some of DJI's announcements but I know I'm not getting these notifications.  

Also, no rush with the release of a new DJI product here.  The wife would have my neck if I bought another drone this year.  
2018-7-6
Use props
MavicFit91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://dronedj.com/2018/07/06/b ... hoto-leaked-online/
2018-7-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

MavicFit91 Posted at 2018-7-6 11:20
https://dronedj.com/2018/07/06/breaking-news-dji-mavic-2-photo-leaked-online/

Nice!  Will be interesting to see all the actual SPECS when their released.  Thanks for the link!   So it appears to be the 'Mavic 2' ...interesting!  
2018-7-6
Use props
MavicFit91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-7-6 11:25
Nice!  Will be interesting to see all the actual SPECS when their released.  Thanks for the link!   So it appears to be the 'Mavic 2' ...interesting!

First legitimate photo of it I have seen yet. Specs would be nice. Camera looks pretty neat.
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules