New Mavic Pro Firmware Release Notes (07/04/2018)
38461 174 2018-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Italy

TO BE CLEAR! DJI doesnt release any bugs with a new relesase of firmware . Its up to the user to read the manual . Its all the pilots fault if you have any problem . So to summarize everything has been tested on 100k users with now problem, so if think something else please reset your drone and have a beer and all will be good in the end . Customers first !!! DJI MANTRA
2018-7-29
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Italy

Before asking any questions please reset your drone , reset everything and calibrate all . Try again.
Also you might not know what best for you . Adopt to new code added since its been tested .
2018-7-29
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Italy

DJI KNOWS WHATS BEST FOR YOU !!!
2018-7-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

jojo-MavicPro Posted at 2018-7-29 12:22
TO BE CLEAR! DJI doesnt release any bugs with a new relesase of firmware . Its up to the user to read the manual . Its all the pilots fault if you have any problem . So to summarize everything has been tested on 100k users with now problem, so if think something else please reset your drone and have a beer and all will be good in the end . Customers first !!! DJI MANTRA

So to summarize everything has been tested on 100k users with now problem

''with now problem'', that pretty much sumarizes it.

''tested on 100k users'', marketing term for: crowd sourced beta testing.

2018-7-29
Use props
MarkyUE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I upgraded my Mavic Air to 0400 shortly after it was released and unfortunately before reading all the posts and sites discussing issues . Being a less experienced flyer I decided to ground the drone until DJI address the issues in a follow-on firmware. I recall seeing one post by a DJI moderator stating that some of the issues were acknowledged and being addressed in the next release.

I have now missed some fantastic flying days here in the UK and still haven't seen any further information on a new update to resolve these community concerns/issues. In addition the months since the release of 0400 have seen my Air spend its DJI Care Refresh cover in the protective case, not the most effective use of this expense.

Are people still having issues? Are any of you also keeping your drones grounded until further notice? Any advice appreciated. I would also encourage DJI to address these concerns directly, my experience as a customer is being damaged every day that passes without additional action/information.

Thanks,

Mark
2018-7-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MarkyUE Posted at 2018-7-30 07:29
Hi all,

I upgraded my Mavic Air to 0400 shortly after it was released and unfortunately before reading all the posts and sites discussing issues . Being a less experienced flyer I decided to ground the drone until DJI address the issues in a follow-on firmware. I recall seeing one post by a DJI moderator stating that some of the issues were acknowledged and being addressed in the next release.

First this thread is about Mavic Pro FW UPDATE TO 0.400, secondly as someone who flys Mavic Air , I can tell you unless your aircraft is showing problems, it’s quite safe to fly and most are doing exactly that.
2018-7-31
Use props
MarkyUE
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-31 03:07
First this thread is about Mavic Pro FW UPDATE TO 0.400, secondly as someone who flys Mavic Air , I can tell you unless your aircraft is showing problems, it’s quite safe to fly and most are doing exactly that.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll schedule in some test flights. My apologies for accidentally hijacking the MP thread for this FW question, I didn't realise until after I posted.

Do you have any recommendations on specific test scenarios/approach I could take to mitigate any issues that could arise?

Thanks,

Mark
2018-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MarkyUE Posted at 2018-7-31 03:47
Thanks for the feedback, I'll schedule in some test flights. My apologies for accidentally hijacking the MP thread for this FW question, I didn't realise until after I posted.

Do you have any recommendations on specific test scenarios/approach I could take to mitigate any issues that could arise?

There’s no hijacking everyone seems to get these confused.

No particular issues, watch out for laggy feed some reporting on Android , other than that if you see motor current warning in sport mode ignore.
Below is a good preflight routine that should help all your flights.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2018-7-31
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Do you wonder why DJI release it on 4 of july??
It try to prevent to mod your MP with new encryption code, the only reason and not more then that.
2018-8-1
Use props
MarkyUE
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-31 04:05
There’s no hijacking everyone seems to get these confused.

No particular issues, watch out for laggy feed some reporting on Android , other than that if you see motor current warning in sport mode ignore.

Thanks for the link. I am already following points 1 thru 3 but will now add step 4 actions.
2018-8-3
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

sica Posted at 2018-7-6 01:48
It is absurd for dji to announce the launch of version 4.2.22 Android when it does not exist in the google store. Give the impression that the dji team lied users!

Buy an apple product to run your drone
2018-8-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-8-3 12:56
Buy an apple product to run your drone

How about -build a time machine, go into future, buy iPhone L or Samsung Universe 50, return to present; ensuring your SmartDevice has enough processing power to run GOo / GO-5 App?

2018-8-4
Use props
fans83511369
lvl.1
Canada

Did mine over data network, restarted all, flew out 2kms.

No issues that time.

In the interior on a very hot (for here) 32deg c and had my screen dim due to what I now know was an overtemp on my iPhone 7+. Some say the Go4 is now more of a resource hog. So I’m not sure if it was that or the 32deg heat, or both. Check my settings and auto brightness is off. Otherwise it flies great as always.
2018-8-5
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Well I finally updated after all this time to the latest firmware and DJI Go app on my iPad Mini. All went well with the install and a full battery flight.
2018-8-26
Use props
_Artem_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78665 ft
Russia

Rockbyter Posted at 2018-7-14 13:07
SO went back to 0300, as I found the other day it is impossible for me to update both together.  Every time does download, does transmit then update goes to 42% and fails.  Did RC on its own OK, did AC on its own OK.  Together is always a fail as per the screen shot below.

[view_image]

Hi !

Did you solve this matter?

More then two month have passed and DJI issue a new firmware but the upgrading error wasn't rectified.
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules