P2V+ Live Point of View
557 7 2018-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roger Edelman
lvl.2

United States

My brother was passed his Phantom 2 Vision+ down to me.  I have a problem with live point of view on my iPhone7.

It does not work.  What does work (as far as DJI Vision is concerned):
  • Speed, Altitude, Distance, camera and video functions plus gimbal control.

What I have done so far:
  • Updated all the firmware using the Phantom 2 Vision + Assistant version 3.8
  • Updated the RC firmware using the RC System Assistant version 1.2
  • installed DJI Vision version 1.0.60

What have I missed?

I read many threads from when this drone was released and there were many complaints for the same problem.  I would have hoped that these issues have all been addressed and corrected by now.

Any thougths on next steps?
Roger

2018-7-6
Use props
Roger Edelman
lvl.2

United States

Forgot to metion - It's V3.0 of the P2V+.
2018-7-6
Use props
Roger Edelman
lvl.2

United States

One more bit of important info - FC200 firmware updated to 1.3.0g
2018-7-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't quite understand the FC200 FW update since your AC doesn't have an FC200.  ...Unless you posted incorrectly and don't have a P2V+.  OTOH if it's a V3, then it's a plus.

Anyways... sounds like it's the black screen of death most likely caused by a bad wifi module.  They do go bad for no particular reason other than the passage of time.  Most likely you can repair it by reflashing the NAND.  There's at least one youtube vid on how to do it, but it's involved.  There's also a guy on eBay who will repair the module for $80.  Otherwise you can replace the module - I saw a used one last week for $150 or best offer on eBay.  

If you haven't done any mods at all, there's a scant chance DJI will fix it for free.  You might contact them.  

You might also try this method which might work at least temporarily:

I've found the method illustrated in the video above has a better chance to work if the AC is cool.  For example, if it's winter, it's more likely to work.  If it's hot outside, it most likely will not work.  If you place the AC near an A/C vent for a few minutes in the summer and establish the link in the house before you go outside, it's more likely to work.  Also, this makes a good case for the application of a thermal paste such as Arctic Silver.  

Good luck

2018-7-6
Use props
Roger Edelman
lvl.2

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-6 12:20
I don't quite understand the FC200 FW update since your AC doesn't have an FC200.  ...Unless you posted incorrectly and don't have a P2V+.  OTOH if it's a V3, then it's a plus.

Anyways... sounds like it's the black screen of death most likely caused by a bad wifi module.  They do go bad for no particular reason other than the passage of time.  Most likely you can repair it by reflashing the NAND.  There's at least one youtube vid on how to do it, but it's involved.  There's also a guy on eBay who will repair the module for $80.  Otherwise you can replace the module - I saw a used one last week for $150 or best offer on eBay.  

Thanks Mark,

It is a V3 so the FC200 is part of the package.

I tried the steps outlined in the YouTube video and still no luck.
2018-7-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

An FC200 is the egg camera that's attached to a Phantom 2 Vision.  But you say you have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus which doesn't have the egg camera.  You also say you have V3 which again only refers to a Phantom 2 Vision Plus.  So if you have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, how can you have a FC 200 egg camera?  It doesn't make any sense.  Either you have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, or you have a FC 200 egg camera.  It has to be one or the other, but not both.  

https://www.google.com/search?q= ... iw=1920&bih=947

https://www.google.com/search?q= ... iw=1920&bih=947
2018-7-9
Use props
Roger Edelman
lvl.2

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-7-9 08:22
An FC200 is the egg camera that's attached to a Phantom 2 Vision.  But you say you have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus which doesn't have the egg camera.  You also say you have V3 which again only refers to a Phantom 2 Vision Plus.  So if you have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, how can you have a FC 200 egg camera?  It doesn't make any sense.  Either you have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, or you have a FC 200 egg camera.  It has to be one or the other, but not both.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=phantom+2+vision+plus&rlz=1C1AVNE_enUS623US633&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi85cPBtpLcAhXBp1kKHY6HAlsQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1920&bih=947

Hi Mark,

Definitely not the egg shaped camera.

2018-7-9
Use props
Roger Edelman
lvl.2

United States

Roger Edelman Posted at 2018-7-9 11:06
Hi Mark,

Definitely not the egg shaped camera.

Mark - this is the page I am working from for downloads.

The P2 in the picture is the one I have - I can't find the model # for the camera - I was just going with what I saw in the specs here.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-2-vi ... te&from=history

PS - Thanks for your help!
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules