Continuous Gimbal Calibration Failure
3052 12 2015-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is an issue with the latest or even the previous firmware, but I'm getting continuous Gimbal Calibration Failure messages during my flights. I've checked the contact pins, ribbon cable and everything is seated properly. Trying to isolate the issue I placed my camera on a friends unit and didn't get the message. Thinking it was my unit, I then placed his camera on my unit and didn't get the message. Placed my camera back on the unit and get the messages again. After reviewing the video, the camera twitches about every 2-3 minutes of video. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

2015-5-19
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Robert,

This popup is caused by an Android app bug...Will be fixed soon. About the twiches, calibrate the gimble firstly, if the samething happened, pls upload a video of that,
2015-5-20
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks Autumn. That would explain why we didn't see the messages. My friends controllers both have iPad's on them. I'll do some more filming and get the segments that twitch and let you know.

Robert
2015-5-20
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-20 17:58
Robert,

This popup is caused by an Android app bug...Will be fixed soon. About the twiches, calibra ...

How do you calibrate the gimbal?
2015-5-20
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Dangair Posted at 2015-5-21 11:17
How do you calibrate the gimbal?

In app, Gimbal >> Gimbal Auto Calibration
2015-5-20
Use props
drosos.dimitris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241362 ft
Greece

Have the same issue here!!!   Its from update the problem , i have seen also some times the camera twich in video !!! Everything after last update...Really i cant understand dji .... In every firmware update my heart is beat!!!
2015-5-21
Use props
Snowman
lvl.2

Finland

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-21 11:49
In app, Gimbal >> Gimbal Auto Calibration

Hello Autumn,

I cannot seem to find this setting in Android version of the Pilot App. Could you be more specific how to find Gimbal Calibration feature? Thanks
2015-5-27
Use props
neilkarunatilak
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Snowman Posted at 2015-5-27 23:26
Hello Autumn,

I cannot seem to find this setting in Android version of the Pilot App. Could you  ...

Settings (icon in the top right of the app). Then click the gimbal icon on the left side, you should find the options there....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/39xxx3 ... 7-13-24-47.png?dl=0

2015-5-27
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

neilkarunatilak Posted at 2015-5-28 04:26
Settings (icon in the top right of the app). Then click the gimbal icon on the left side, you shoul ...

Thanks Neil.
Hi Snowman, pls refer to his screenshot.
2015-5-27
Use props
Snowman
lvl.2

Finland

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-28 09:40
Thanks Neil.
Hi Snowman, pls refer to his screenshot.

Thank you for the info Autumn and Neilkarunatilak - still no luck finding the feature

Clicking the top right settings icon gives me this view:

I tried my with Sony Xperia Z tablet and Xperia Z1 Compact mobile phone.
Main view looks like this (with the icons on the right visible in use)

What am I missing? I think I have been able to find everything else.
2015-5-27
Use props
neilkarunatilak
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Snowman Posted at 2015-5-28 15:45
Thank you for the info Autumn and Neilkarunatilak - still no luck finding the feature

Clicking  ...

I think you are on an older version of the app. Uninstall the DJI Pilot app and visit : http://m.dji.net/djipilot on your phone/tablet. This should then start the download for the APK file. If for some reason you can't install the APK, you need to turn on allow unknown sources on your phone or tablet. On your android phone or tablet, go to Settings -> Security, then check the box to allow unknown sources.  You should then be able to install the APK from the link above.
2015-5-28
Use props
Snowman
lvl.2

Finland

Thank you for the tip. I uninstalled and re-installed the app and now it is up to date. Funny though: the version says it is still the same 1.0.10, even though it is the updated app with gimbal calibration option and more. It still says the app is updated last 16.4.2015, and I downloaded it first 23.5.2015, but that was the old version, and now it is the new one. Well, whatever
2015-6-2
Use props
Snowman
lvl.2

Finland

Well this is strange: I updated my Sony Xperia Z tablet and all went smoothly. I calibrated the gimbal and all was ok, but then the menu changed. Looks like it reverted to the previous version of the Dji Pilot app. Any thoughts on this?

Edit 7th June: Uninstallin the app (again) and then re-installing it directly from the Dji site seems to have solved this. Now the version says it is updated and all the new functions all visible.

Updated app for a little while

Updated app for a little while

Before (and after) update

Before (and after) update
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules