Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I want an offical answer from DJi on this..
1285 2 2014-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have asked the question in a few places and had a mixed response so I want the official DJI  line....

What happens in this scenario..

I have 6 sats green lock , loccked home position I take off and then during flight drop to say 4 sats then at that point I lose control, where dos the drone go?

I have 6 sats green lock, locked home position I fly drop to 4 then back to 6 then back to 4 lose sats, where will my drone go?

I have 6 sats green lock, locked home position I fly drop to 3 or less what happes to the drone when I lose connection?

Please answer for me

2014-11-2
Use props
Cloud9
New
United States

I'm not a DJI rep but if you're in gps mode and drop that many satellites, it defaults to Attitude mode.
The Phantom will keep altitude but will not lock in place (drift with the wind).

If for some reason it's malfunctioning (drifting in attitude mode doesn't count) then switching to Attitude or Manual mode is the best way to regain control. If gps is compromised, relying on it isn't going to work.
Maybe DJI will respond but 2 years experience and research with has taught me to understand Attitude and in emergencies..Manual
2014-11-2
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.3

China

In one word, when there is less than 6 sats, and the flight is losing control, it would land automatically.
2014-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules