URGENT!!! Fake P4P how can I tell?
6053 15 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
masonmediaTN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634199 ft

I recently purchased a refurbished DJI P4P on Amazon from what was listed as the DJI Official Store. Everything arrived fine with no issues or damage. I was looking at different threads and decided to see what the manufacture date of it was. I found a link where I could put in the serial number to find out. When I put in the serial number and hit decode, it says that it was a Model: Spark, build on: 1. March 2018
My question is, was this simply assigned a spark serial number or is it a fake? Also, will this affect any flight characteristics within the app? Meaning, will the DJI Go 4 app recognize it as a spark instead of a Phantom 4 pro?

Thanks in advance for any help..

2018-7-7
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>

Please check on your DJI profile and you can see now you have Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro.
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do appreciate taking time of bringing this query us. May i ask for the serial number (SN) of the aircraft?
2018-7-7
Use props
masonmediaTN
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-7 07:48
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do appreciate taking time of bringing this query us. May i ask for the serial number (SN) of the aircraft?

yes, it is 0AX2F310055204
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

masonmediaTN Posted at 2018-7-7 07:49
yes, it is 0AX2F310055204

Hi, kindly please send a photo as well of the serial number (SN) Thank you.
2018-7-7
Use props
masonmediaTN
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-7 07:56
Hi, kindly please send a photo as well of the serial number (SN) Thank you.

MY apologies. I mistyped the S/N it is 0AX2F3100S5204 but it still has the same result. Here are photos of the S/N on the box and in the P4P.

2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

masonmediaTN Posted at 2018-7-7 08:05
MY apologies. I mistyped the S/N it is 0AX2F3100S5204 but it still has the same result. Here are photos of the S/N on the box and in the P4P.

[view_image]

Upon checking your serial number, I found out that it is a genuine product of DJI.  We verified that it is a  refurbished Phantom 4 pro and you don't need to worry about it. if you have another concern, please don't hesitate to post it. Enjoy and have a safe flight.
2018-7-7
Use props
masonmediaTN
lvl.1

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-7 08:39
Upon checking your serial number, I found out that it is a genuine product of DJI.  We verified that it is a  refurbished Phantom 4 pro and you don't need to worry about it.

Ok Thank you so much. Could to tell me if the manufacture date of March 2018 is correct? if not, could you tell me what it is? Thank you again for your help.
2018-7-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

masonmediaTN Posted at 2018-7-7 08:41
Ok Thank you so much. Could to tell me if the manufacture date of March 2018 is correct? if not, could you tell me what it is? Thank you again for your help.

There is no such thing as a fake P4 pro.
No fake DJI drones have ever shown up.
It would be very hard to make one and any company that could would be selling their own drones if they were that good.
2018-7-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-7-7 14:13
There is no such thing as a fake P4 pro.
No fake DJI drones have ever shown up.
It would be very hard to make one and any company that could would be selling their own drones if they were that good.

There are several copy cats though.  Not counterfeit, but look alike.

Even the Inspire has them ...

It’s the greatest form of flattery, imitation.
And theft of proprietary design...

RedHotPoker
2018-7-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

The serial number decoder you used is no longer accurate so just ignore any result you get. As far as I am aware, there is no longer a serial number decoder that can be relied on to be accurate.
2018-7-7
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft

I couldn't imagine a company trying to make a counterfeit DJI product. I'm sure it just wouldn't be anywhere close to the same quality. Im sure you would notice it right away in appearance and tolerances.
2018-7-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

IamWedge Posted at 2018-7-7 20:07
I couldn't imagine a company trying to make a counterfeit DJI product. I'm sure it just wouldn't be anywhere close to the same quality. Im sure you would notice it right away in appearance and tolerances.

But the sales potential and money to be made from novice unsuspecting folks ?

Most products end up with copy products on the market ... for that reason and many people are always on the lookout for cheaper ...

Look at the Quanum and various other Quads that have a remarkable resemblance to DJI ... not only the Phantoms but the Sparks / Mavics etc.

On another Forum - a guy actually advertises and posted a Phantom Standard conversion to a Mavic Look-alike .... think he called it the Phavic !! What surprised me was the amount of interest shown in it !

Nigel
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

solentlife Posted at 2018-7-8 01:21
But the sales potential and money to be made from novice unsuspecting folks ?

Most products end up with copy products on the market ... for that reason and many people are always on the lookout for cheaper ...

"On another Forum ..."
No need to go that far, it can be found here and is a kit everyone can buy.

Phanvic Bro
Phanvic conversion
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_bq4ltJCZkWAi
New

Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-7 07:48

Hi i Will get a serial number soon on a second hand purchase may i get it legitimated when i do?
2019-7-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_bq4ltJCZkWAi Posted at 7-29 22:05
Hi i Will get a serial number soon on a second hand purchase may i get it legitimated when i do?

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, you can directly send us a PM for us to help you with your concern. Cheers!
2019-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules