Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can DJI's hood be 180ed on CrystalSky?
825 7 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Can DJI's hood for CrystalSky be mounted to where Top is at bottom and Bottom is at top for use with DJI's quick release mount?

CrystalSky hood
RC quick release Mount

CrystalSky-Hood.jpg

2018-7-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Can DJI's hood be 180ed on CrystalSky?

Going to find out real soon.  

Will report back.

2018-7-12
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I tried to mount it upside down and it does not work.  You must mount it as shown in the picture for it to work.

Ray
2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2018-7-12 08:42
I tried to mount it upside down and it does not work.  You must mount it as shown in the picture for it to work.

Ray

That's bad news.    Nothing against your reply.

Cause I ordered the cover to try, and it came in yesterday.  Planning to try cover on CS when I got back.
I can't put cover on as shown in picture, because of how DJI's mount works.  The CS has to be rotated 180-degrees (bottom Up) for DJI's mount to connect into bottom of DJI's R.C.

Wouldn't need cover if DJI's CrystalSky could take direct sunlight and warm temps.  Could take the Heat

2018-7-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Was able to rotate CrystalSky's Hood to where Top is Down and Bottom is Up.  Have to take Quick mount bracket off CrystalSky, install Hood, then bolt Quick mount bracket back on CrystalSky.
With Hood flipped, the CrystalSky's Light Sensor is covered, thus no Auto Brightness.  
2018-7-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-14 06:52
Was able to rotate CrystalSky's Hood to where Top is Down and Bottom is Up.  Have to take Quick mount bracket off CrystalSky, install Hood, then bolt Quick mount bracket back on CrystalSky.
With Hood flipped, the CrystalSky's Light Sensor is covered, thus no Auto Brightness.

After flying several times with Hood on CrsytalSky, it's out of there.
Hood gets anyway when holding and controlling Joysticks.
Hood makes it hard to use Touch screen near top and sides, and very hard to touch corner buttons.
2018-7-19
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

I only use my hood as a screen protector when it's in my case.
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Anthony566 Posted at 2018-7-19 15:05
I only use my hood as a screen protector when it's in my case.

I have a plastic cover to protect screen when being carried.  
Got DJI folding hood because of DJI's suggestion to protect screen from direct sunlight due to CrystalSky having  problems being used outside.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules