Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New OREO update for Android
1202 12 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Just to advise or warn those who might have auto update on and don't want to break their drone, or change things. I have no idea what effect it will have on the drone or GO4 so some of us are in for more testing.
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do appreciate taking time bringing this concern to us. May i ask what is the aircraft model you currently own? Is the Mavic Air or the Mavic Pro?
2018-7-7
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Mavic Pro.
2018-7-7
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-7 12:54
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do appreciate taking time bringing this concern to us. May i ask what is the aircraft model you currently own? Is the Mavic Air or the Mavic Pro?

hi DJI Gamora,

Interesting, why do you think that an Android OREO update version will only have effect on one type of drone?

cheers
JJB
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-8 01:11
hi DJI Gamora,

Interesting, why do you think that an Android OREO update version will only have effect on one type of drone?

Hi, each and every drone has different features that is why if there's an android or IOS update it varies for different kind of drones.
2018-7-8
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-8 03:01
Hi, each and every drone has different features that is why if there's an android or IOS update it varies for different kind of drones.

Thanks Gamora, make sense. But i hope DJI will check Android and IOS updates for the effects on all the type of drones you sell.

I read only that your DJO Go 4 app needs "Android version 4.4.0 or higher"

cheers
JJB
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-8 03:26
Thanks Gamora, make sense. But i hope DJI will check Android and IOS updates for the effects on all the type of drones you sell.

I read only that your DJO Go 4 app needs "Android version 4.4.0 or higher"

Hi, every update of these IOS and Android version, we have to check and considered the things that we need to do for the app to keep its stability with the latest operating system update and also examine the changes in our drones if ever that there will be an update so that we can fix the possible issue right away by updating the app or releasing new firmware version. Thanks for understanding, please keep us posted for further assistance.
2018-7-12
Use props
Sky views
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6178 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-12 09:13
Hi, every update of these IOS and Android version, we have to check and considered the things that we need to do for the app to keep its stability with the latest operating system update and also examine the changes in our drones if ever that there will be an update so that we can fix the possible issue right away by updating the app or releasing new firmware version. Thanks for understanding, please keep us posted for further assistance.

Any updates? Im still waiting.
2018-7-15
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I have been flying my 2 Mavics since May, 2017 using a Nexus 6 and a Pixel XL living on the bleeding edge of technology with beta OS's before final RC and haven't had any problems with the OS's just my error. My Pixel XL is using 9.0 beta 3 Android P and no problems. Nexus 6 is using stock 7.1.1 and no problems.

Now if you are using a Samsung (for instance) with their crap touchwiz mixed in with pure Android then i can see a person having a problem.

I wish i could afford some of the other DJI models but the 2 Mavics are all i have.
2018-7-15
Use props
james007
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know if the latest Android update to Oreo 8.0 on the Galaxy 8 or 8 plus, is compatible with DJIs latest Go 4 firmware??  
2018-10-16
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone been affected by the NFZ within GO 4? One minute no problems taking off the next minute NFZ?
2018-10-20
Use props
Ronald Johannes Vos
New

Netherlands

Hi. I don't have a DJI but a SJ R/C F11 drone. As I wanted to see on app I bought new phone as instructions said , Android 4.1 or later. My new phone has 8.1 and my drone will not show on phone. Just thought to let you know it's not only a problem with DJI. I am just on a disability payment so very sad after buying new phone and drone, and not working now. Hope it get sorted soon. Thx. Ron in Ireland
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ronald Johannes Vos Posted at 2-18 14:49
Hi. I don't have a DJI but a SJ R/C F11 drone. As I wanted to see on app I bought new phone as instructions said , Android 4.1 or later. My new phone has 8.1 and my drone will not show on phone. Just thought to let you know it's not only a problem with DJI. I am just on a disability payment so very sad after buying new phone and drone, and not working now. Hope it get sorted soon. Thx. Ron in Ireland

Hi, we're sorry to know that you're having an issue with you drone. Hopefully, you could be able to get rid of this problem. Thank you for sharing your story here in DJI forum.
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules