Samsung S8 will not conenct to DJI APP
1456 7 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
er1k84
New
Sweden

HI All
So i just bought myself a Mavic Pro Platinum and having some issues connecting my Samsung S8. I have re-installed the app tried with multiple different USB cables and made sure app and all firmware is up to date. But still no luck so I tried connecting my IOS tablet and works fine i also tried my girlfriends Samsung S8 and works fine. I have also tried to start everything up from scratch, so everything is powered off and then i power on the mavic pro then power on the RC and then power on my S8 still no luck i have also tried other variants of the last sentence. What i have noticed is that when i connect my S8 it doesn’t auto open the DJI app, i have checked all permissions and everything is set to allow. i have also tried to enable developer debugging mode and playing around with the settings but nothing has worked. I have reset all settings but i have not done a full factory reset, trying to avoid that as i have a lot of data which i do not want to back up. Recap
  • Latest Firmware installed and up to date.
  • Latest Android version being used
  • Re-installed app.
  • Cleared app cache.
  • Allow all permissions for DJI APP.
  • tried multiple USB-C cables.
  • Reset Settings (No factory default).
  • Have enabled developer mode and tried to change some settings.
  • Have tried differnet power on sequences as per suggetstions from google.
  • Noticed that the app does not auto start when pluging S8 into controller.

Has anyone come across this before?

2018-7-7
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

What is the USB port set to?
2018-7-7
Use props
er1k84
New
Sweden

update * looks like this may be an issue with my physical USB port on my phone as when i conenct it to my computer it comes up as unrecognized. Will keep looking into it.
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting your Samsung S8 to the DJI Go 4 application. To isolate the issue please try to use different USB ports to check if there is a connection or if the USB ports are working properly. Thank you.
2018-7-7
Use props
er1k84
New
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-7 14:15
Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting your Samsung S8 to the DJI Go 4 application. To isolate the issue please try to use different USB ports to check if there is a connection or if the USB ports are working properly. Thank you.

HI Stephen

thank you for your reply. However i think the issue is with the physical USB port on my mobile phone. When i have had my phone repaired i will let you know.

Thanks again for the quick reply.
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

er1k84 Posted at 2018-7-7 14:33
HI Stephen

thank you for your reply. However i think the issue is with the physical USB port on my mobile phone. When i have had my phone repaired i will let you know.

Thank you. Please keep us posted for updates.
2018-7-7
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-7 14:35
Thank you. Please keep us posted for updates.

Have you tried switching on the usb debugging?
2018-7-8
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

I have an S8+, with the phone connected to the controller, it plays a tone on the phone and shows some wavy lines at the bottom as soon as I power on the controller. If you are not seeing that then maybe there is indeed an issue with your USB port on the phone.
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules