DJI Spark prone to batteries coming out mid-flight??
3841 25 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192920 ft
United States

Hello All,

I'm in the process of fetching my drone out of a pond next to my house. Unfortunately for me, my battery popped out mid-flight! I've already submitted a ticket and I'll see what happens from there. I heard that batteries popping out of the Drone has been an issue. So hopefully if I can send my flight data (has already been synced) and retrieve my drone maybe something can happen. Another thing that's really frustrating is that I submitted a video to DJI for the DJI Care product and was denied because my drone didn't get as far as they wanted. Wednesday was a very disappointing day for me....

2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you had some issues with your DJI Spark. May I ask for the case (CAS) number so i can follow up ? We're here to help.
2018-7-7
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-7 13:02
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you had some issues with your DJI Spark. May I ask for the case (CAS) number so i can follow up ? We're here to help.

I have two case numbers:

1. DJI Care application 1221257

2. Incident Report: 1228363
The link to submit report does not work currently.
2018-7-7
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mrantoinemil Posted at 2018-7-7 13:09
I have two case numbers:

1. DJI Care application 1221257

Mrantoinemil, I am sorry again for the accident that happened to your drone, I understand your frustration. Just to confirm again, are you able to retrieve the drone? If yes, please kindly click to the following link to fill an online repair case and send the drone in, we'll submit a data analysis to find out the cause if the drone as long as the drone is under warranty. If it's a warranty case, we will get your drone replaced with no charge according to our After-sales Policy since it got water damaged.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
If you were not able to retrieve the drone, please kindly reply the email on your incident report ticket so we can help to process the next step.
As for the DJI Care Refresh, since it lost the distance and height data in the original video, which is important for us to review when the proper team is considering if a drone can purchase the Care plan. Please allow me a little time confirming with the proper team because your drone was damaged now and you could not help to record the video again in this case.
Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope your case will go smoothly.
2018-7-7
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

I have flight data leading up to the incident and exceeds the requests that the care team was looking for. There's also a Facebook live video that can be associated with the flight log for proof.
2018-7-7
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

Last flight log plus GPS location when battery was still inside. It's in the pond as mentioned before but it's 5 feet deep.
C776BAA7-78CC-4298-A21B-AE725D969ACF.jpeg
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mrantoinemil Posted at 2018-7-7 18:34
Last flight log plus GPS location when battery was still inside. It's in the pond as mentioned before but it's 5 feet deep.

Sorry for this, as the drone can't be retrieved now, I suggest that you reply the email, we will help to create a case for it. Thank you for cooperation.
2018-7-7
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-7 17:12
Mrantoinemil, I am sorry again for the accident that happened to your drone, I understand your frustration. Just to confirm again, are you able to retrieve the drone? If yes, please kindly click to the following link to fill an online repair case and send the drone in, we'll submit a data analysis to find out the cause if the drone as long as the drone is under warranty. If it's a warranty case, we will get your drone replaced with no charge according to our After-sales Policy since it got water damaged.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
If you were not able to retrieve the drone, please kindly reply the email on your incident report ticket so we can help to process the next step.

I was not able to retrieve the drone. Yesterday I had the local sheriff come to my house and ask what I was doing. When I told them what I was trying to do they suggested to not do it anymore because of safety. Can you PM some information on what to do next?
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mrantoinemil Posted at 2018-7-10 18:24
I was not able to retrieve the drone. Yesterday I had the local sheriff come to my house and ask what I was doing. When I told them what I was trying to do they suggested to not do it anymore because of safety. Can you PM some information on what to do next?

If the drone cannot be retrieved, we will need the flight record for data analysis to find out the reason of the accident, we have informed the email team to reply as soon as possible about what to do next, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-10
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-10 22:37
If the drone cannot be retrieved, we will need the flight record for data analysis to find out the reason of the accident, we have informed the email team to reply as soon as possible about what to do next, please wait patiently, thank you.

Okay, thanks. I've been willing to submit my information from the beginning. No one has asked yet, not even on the current ticket.
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mrantoinemil Posted at 2018-7-10 22:40
Okay, thanks. I've been willing to submit my information from the beginning. No one has asked yet, not even on the current ticket.

Our team was keeping verifying the current status of the aircraft, thanks for your understanding. Please wait patiently for the email reply.
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mrantoinemil Posted at 2018-7-10 18:24
I was not able to retrieve the drone. Yesterday I had the local sheriff come to my house and ask what I was doing. When I told them what I was trying to do they suggested to not do it anymore because of safety. Can you PM some information on what to do next?

Besides, regarding the DJI Care Refresh, I am sorry to tell that it is not able to purchase now. By the way, the DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover the drone if it can't be retrieved.
Thus for this situation, please kindly refer to DJI Mindy's reply. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-7-11
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-7-11 18:46
Besides, regarding the DJI Care Refresh, I am sorry to tell that it is not able to purchase now. By the way, the DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover the drone if it can't be retrieved.
Thus for this situation, please kindly refer to DJI Mindy's reply. Thank you for your understanding.

Well that's disappointing.
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mrantoinemil Posted at 2018-7-11 20:09
Well that's disappointing.

Data analysis has been done, we will have someone to contact you soon about the result. Please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-7-11
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-11 20:58
Data analysis has been done, we will have someone to contact you soon about the result. Please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you. This case ended on a good note. Thanks to everyone who helped out. Much appreciated!
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mrantoinemil Posted at 2018-7-26 17:09
Thank you. This case ended on a good note. Thanks to everyone who helped out. Much appreciated!

Glad to know everything has turned out to be great, please keep us updated without hesitation if there is any other issue.
2018-7-26
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2

Actually I do have a follow up question. I was looking at my existing battery and I see one clip is completely missing and the other is chipped severely. What are you advising customers to do in this case? I have a battery holder I bought on Amazon but if I didn't my refurbished drone would certainly lose its battery again.
2018-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mrantoinemil Posted at 2018-7-26 19:58
Actually I do have a follow up question. I was looking at my exciting battery and I see one clip is completely missing and the other is chipped severely. What are you advising customers to do in this case? I have a battery holder I bought on Amazon but if I didn't my refurbished drone would certainly lose its battery again.

Mrantoinemil, is this the new battery or the old one? Any chance to show us a picture of its clip? Thank you.
2018-7-27
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-27 01:06
Mrantoinemil, is this the new battery or the old one? Any chance to show us a picture of its clip? Thank you.

The battery I am talking about is an older one that came originally with my Spark "Fly More" package I purchased back in December of 2017.

Battery with chipped clip on the left

Battery with chipped clip on the left

same battery with right clip completely missing.

same battery with right clip completely missing.
2018-7-28
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-27 01:06
Mrantoinemil, is this the new battery or the old one? Any chance to show us a picture of its clip? Thank you.

Replied to your message.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for my late response because of the holiday, it is not recommended to use this battery since it may fail to be locked safely, which may cause the battery to fall off during the flight, for the safety concern, please don't use it anymore no matter what holder you attach.
2018-7-31
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

So you're proposing that I buy a new battery for a manufacturing defect? Okay..
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mrantoinemil Posted at 2018-7-31 06:44
So you're proposing that I buy a new battery for a manufacturing defect? Okay..

Hi Mrantoinemil, upon checking the case, it is a warranty case, we have provided the coupon for the new drone and it should include the battery.
If you are referring to another battery that is not included the mishap, per the purchasing date, it will be a paid warranty if you send in for repair/replacement service since the warranty period of the battery is only six months and charge cycle less than 200 times, therefore, it is recommended to purchase a new battery for the safety concern.
2018-7-31
Use props
Mrantoinemil
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-31 22:34
Hi Mrantoinemil, upon checking the case, it is a warranty case, we have provided the coupon for the new drone and it should include the battery.
If you are referring to another battery that is not included the mishap, per the purchasing date, it will be a paid warranty if you send in for repair/replacement service since the warranty period of the battery is only six months and charge cycle less than 200 times, therefore, it is recommended to purchase a new battery for the safety concern.

The battery that I just received from you is of the smaller clips not the bigger clips that I have read from other forums on this site. What do you suggest I do, send in the new battery from 2017 in exchange for 2018 manufactured battery?
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mrantoinemil Posted at 2018-7-31 22:38
The battery that I just received from you is of the smaller clips not the bigger clips that I have read from other forums on this site. What do you suggest I do, send in the new battery from 2017 in exchange for 2018 manufactured battery?

May I have the picture of the smaller clips as well? Thank you.
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules