Phantom 4 tablet?
1685 14 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user83b39bf564
New
United States

Will an I Pad II  or I Pad 2 work for a Phantom 4 ???

2018-7-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

No, you need at least an iPad Mini 4 or and iPad Air 2 or better to work properly.
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. I highly recommend you to use the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 4.

2018-7-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-7 15:46
No, you need at least an iPad Mini 4 or and iPad Air 2 or better to work properly.

As we both know, the Apple iPad Air 2 is a wonderful device, paired up with  an appropriate DJI drone.

Mine works great, with my Phantom 3 Pro’.

Like A Charm... magical.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-7 15:46

It seem that selecting a device is most of all a question of luck, just the other day i was told the Mini 4 no longer is performing well?
From all i have read here it still look like the developers should go over the entire code with focus on optimizing all the way around. My own experience with the + point in the same direction, it just got more and more unresponsive release by release.
Being the same App i suppose it should make no difference if the aircraft is P4 or P4P?
2018-7-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When I had at first, ventured this way, towards drone purchase, I still had a lovely iPad 3.

It wouldn’t even download the old DJI Pilot app.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-8 00:09
It seem that selecting a device is most of all a question of luck, just the other day i was told the Mini 4 no longer is performing well?
From all i have read here it still look like the developers should go over the entire code with focus on optimizing all the way around. My own experience with the + point in the same direction, it just got more and more unresponsive release by release.
Being the same App i suppose it should make no difference if the aircraft is P4 or P4P?

Yes, I would certainly agree with that.
2018-7-8
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-8 00:09
From all i have read here it still look like the developers should go over the entire code with focus on optimizing all the way around. My own experience with the + point in the same direction, it just got more and more unresponsive release by release.

That "recommended device" list is very questionable at least.
Since iOS + Android get frequent minor updates plus major upgrades like iOS 10 > 11 or Android 6 > 7 > 8
a certain device may work with it's initial system version but becomes a brick when it's updated.
That happened to me with three devices - Nvidia K1, Samsung Tab S3, iPad Mini 4.
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Eric13 Posted at 2018-7-8 02:54
That "recommended device" list is very questionable at least.
Since iOS + Android get frequent minor updates plus major upgrades like iOS 10 > 11 or Android 6 > 7 > 8
a certain device may work with it's initial system version but becomes a brick when it's updated.

I can see the point that an OS update on the device can be the source of issues but then it should be possible to fix it by the app developers. If not already the installer should be able to install code that match the current release on the device.
What makes me believe that it is not just the device OS is that in some extend, we see the same on the + controllers and while the Go/Go4 app get problems on more and more devices, other apps are reported to work flawless.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-8 03:03
I can see the point that an OS update on the device can be the source of issues but then it should be possible to fix it by the app developers. If not already the installer should be able to install code that match the current release on the device.
What makes me believe that it is not just the device OS is that in some extend, we see the same on the + controllers and while the Go/Go4 app get problems on more and more devices, other apps are reported to work flawless.

HI, we appreciate taking time of bringing this query to us. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our app developers for further checking. Thank you.
2018-7-8
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-8 03:08
HI, we appreciate taking time of bringing this query to us. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our app developers for further checking. Thank you.

That has been a topic for 1.5 years and things became worse not better.
I'm wondering what these app developers are doing all day.
2018-7-8
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft

Me have Phantom-4 plane jane model.   Since I've owned it I have only used iPad air2....as per all the feedback from forum.

iPad pro and iPad Air2 have been the most problem free devices used by forum flyers.   You can go back into threads for ever and you will see how problem free these two devices have been.

Also....people who have a dedicated device used only for flying DJI products have the least amount of trouble.
If you drop $1000.oo or more for drone....why not get the most reliable device ???????
Nothing wrong with a re-hahabed pad???? $200.oo is the best investment I have made...….very happy with iPad Air2...……...Use it or loose it  
2018-7-9
Use props
oacar myer
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-7 15:51
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. I highly recommend you to use the recommended mobile device for the DJI Phantom 4. For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 4.

[view_image]

There seems to be one tablet missing from the list.  The iPad 9.7 (2018) cellular.  I can say that mine works flawlessly.
2018-7-13
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

oacar myer Posted at 2018-7-13 08:05
There seems to be one tablet missing from the list.  The iPad 9.7 (2018) cellular.  I can say that mine works flawlessly.

Yo Oscar - you might be the second person in this forum making me buy a new device while reporting good experience with it.
The new 9.7 has the A10 chip which sounds promising.

Can you do me a favor and do screen recording while flying - and report here if your life view on the iPad stayed smooth or became bumpy? Maybe even post some sample here via Youtube? That would be fantastic!

That's the ultimate task for tablets - if Apple or Android:
If they are strong enough they can handle Go4 + Screen Recording at the same time.
BTW: Their 'recommended' list is so outdated - I think the guys who are testing devices travel back in time to do their work

2018-7-13
Use props
WA4OSH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54367 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-7 15:51

[view_image]

Which of these has the best full sunlight visibility?  I'm used to using Android products.
My current tablet works fine, but I can't see the screen when the sun is out.
2023-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules