Osmo Mobile - Blinking Yellow Light issue
23541 16 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gu_pr2
lvl.1
Japan

Hey everyone,

I just bought an Osmo Mobile on 25 November 2017,  I tried using it again but I'm encountering this blinking yellow light on the right-side System Indicator when it's powered up.

However, there is a slight diagonal tilt, and I'm not able to control it anymore. I've never dropped it, or squashed it, as it's always well protected in my backpack.

Can anyone here kindly help me with this please?

I've tried many ways to troubleshoot it but I'm not sure how to send it back also, I live in Japan.

Thank you,
Gustavo

2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your Osmo. It says here on the manual that the blinking yellow means that the gimbal is not functioning normally. You may try to calibrate the gimbal using the app. Just go to the settings (see second photo), gimbal settings then calibration.

2018-7-8
Use props
Gu_pr2
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-8 01:49
Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your Osmo. It says here on the manual that the blinking yellow means that the gimbal is not functioning normally. You may try to calibrate the gimbal using the app. Just go to the settings (see second photo), gimbal settings then calibration.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Thanks for the fast response Wanda!
I try to calibrate the gimbal using the app, but, no sucess here.
I found a video with similar problem...take a look

I hope you can help me with this issue

Thank you

Gustavo
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Gu_pr2 Posted at 2018-7-8 07:27
Thanks for the fast response Wanda!
I try to calibrate the gimbal using the app, but, no sucess here.
I found a video with similar problem...take a look

I see. Is the firmware updated?
2018-7-8
Use props
Gu_pr2
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-8 07:30
I see. Is the firmware updated?

Yes! Latest firmware!
I checked via DJI Assistant 2 on PC.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Gu_pr2 Posted at 2018-7-8 08:03
Yes! Latest firmware!
I checked via DJI Assistant 2 on PC.

I see. If that's the case, we highly suggest you bring it to our facility to have it checked by our repair team. You may send an email to support@dji.com to start up a case and they will give you a response providing the instruction on how you will send it to our repair center.
2018-7-8
Use props
Gu_pr2
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-8 08:08
I see. If that's the case, we highly suggest you bring it to our facility to have it checked by our repair team. You may send an email to  to start up a case and they will give you a response providing the instruction on how you will send it to our repair center.

OK Wanda!
Thank You!
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Gu_pr2 Posted at 2018-7-8 08:31
OK Wanda!
Thank You!

No problem.
2018-7-8
Use props
Blueboing101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66650 ft
United Kingdom

I now have this issue with osmo one did you ever get it fixed?
2019-7-20
Use props
Blueboing101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66650 ft
United Kingdom

I now have this issue with osmo one did you ever get it fixed?
2019-7-20
Use props
djiuser_ffrrZRn2Yw63
New

United States

Same issue, where can I send my OSMO 2
2019-11-29
Use props
FishFilet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 346135 ft
United States

I have had this happen to me twice now and so far I have been able to fix it easily with the following steps.

1. Turn off the Osmo Mobile 3
2. Fold the Osmo into it storage state
3. Turn on the Osmo while it is still folded
4. Unfold the Osmo and take it out of standby by pressing the trigger twice or pressing the M button three times.

I have always done this while my phone was mounted it may work without the phone mounted as well. It seems like this happens when the Osmo is put into standby and then turned off instead of just turning it off but I have not verified this with enough incidents as I have only had my Osmo Mobile 3 for two days.
2020-7-1
Use props
Shan MA
New

India

I have this yellow light problem most of the time I open osmo mobile 3. I figured by following workaround returns the green light and steady state.

1. Place mobile on osmo mobile 3 and unfold gimbal.
2. Ensure mobile phone has Bluetooth turned On and DJI mimo app is installed.
2. Turn gimbal ON.
3. When yellow light keeps blinking, fold gimbal to storage state for 2-3 seconds and unfold it back.
4. Check if you notice the yellow light turned to green . You may still not be able to control the gimbal yet.
5. Tun the gimbal off and turn it on again. This should bring the gimbal to green steady and in control.

Hope this helps.  
2020-9-7
Use props
djiuser_jnbjoszdckQd
New

United States

It's 2022 and if you came here looking for an answer as to why you have the flashing yellow on your Osmo Mobile 2...more than likely it's because your phone is a dark color. The latest firmware seems to have an issue with the sensor not detecting dark colored phones or cases.

The workaround is to place a white piece of paper between your phone and the sensor. You will get a steady green after restarting the gimble, and your gimble will become responsive.
2022-3-19
Use props
canary_creative
New

United States

djiuser_jnbjoszdckQd Posted at 3-19 22:10
It's 2022 and if you came here looking for an answer as to why you have the flashing yellow on your Osmo Mobile 2...more than likely it's because your phone is a dark color. The latest firmware seems to have an issue with the sensor not detecting dark colored phones or cases.

The workaround is to place a white piece of paper between your phone and the sensor. You will get a steady green after restarting the gimble, and your gimble will become responsive.

This exactly helped me! thank you for the post!
2022-3-31
Use props
JrgMndz
lvl.1

Honduras

I had the same problem and this actually worked. I have a black Iphone 12, and by pasting some masrkingtape on its back worked perfectly!
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_PCXE8C8eIr3B
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_jnbjoszdckQd Posted at 2022-3-19 22:10
It's 2022 and if you came here looking for an answer as to why you have the flashing yellow on your Osmo Mobile 2...more than likely it's because your phone is a dark color. The latest firmware seems to have an issue with the sensor not detecting dark colored phones or cases.

Didn’t work for me and still flashing yellow light. Bought secondhand so not much I can do about it now
2023-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules