Ultrasonic sensor
818 9 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soundwave79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9137 ft
Malaysia

My phantom 4 recently showing error message saying that ultrasonic sensor error and require to land immediately... what is ultrasonic sensor?
2018-7-7
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

It's a widely discussed error message (google it) you don't have to worry about.
It's a flaw in the software. Are you on the latest Go4 version?
That flaw should be gone with it...
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you provide to me the firmware version you currently have for the aircraft, remote and app? Are you flying the drone in an open area at a high altitude?
2018-7-8
Use props
Soundwave79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9137 ft
Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-8 02:55
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Can you provide to me the firmware version you currently have for the aircraft, remote and app? Are you flying the drone in an open area at a high altitude?

I've updated aircraft firmware and app with the latest version. One more thing, my battery second also suddenly become damage at the same time when the error message appear...
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Soundwave79 Posted at 2018-7-8 04:28
I've updated aircraft firmware and app with the latest version. One more thing, my battery second also suddenly become damage at the same time when the error message appear...

Can you provide me the firmware version, please?
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_i8Um5NL7k8Mx
New
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-8 05:03
Can you provide me the firmware version, please?

I hope I am not intruding here. I bought a P4 aroud June 20. I immediately updated to latest firmware and got the ultrasonic error msg. The dealer exchanged it with another new P4. The original firmware (which I unfortunately didnt note did not give an ultrasonic error. I then Upgraded to v2.00.0700 same thing.. ultrasonic sensor error .. it happens when the P4 gets above 30ft .. every time. With the latest firmware the P4 is so much more responsive than the v02.00.0106 firmware.. so I want to keep using it. The main consequence seems to be the landing obstruction avoidance  gets disabled when the ultrasonic error occurs.

Will this get fixed in the next firmware for the P4?
2018-7-16
Use props
Drycatoh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1172723 ft
France

djiuser_i8Um5NL7k8Mx Posted at 2018-7-16 09:14
I hope I am not intruding here. I bought a P4 aroud June 20. I immediately updated to latest firmware and got the ultrasonic error msg. The dealer exchanged it with another new P4. The original firmware (which I unfortunately didnt note did not give an ultrasonic error. I then Upgraded to v2.00.0700 same thing.. ultrasonic sensor error .. it happens when the P4 gets above 30ft .. every time. With the latest firmware the P4 is so much more responsive than the v02.00.0106 firmware.. so I want to keep using it. The main consequence seems to be the landing obstruction avoidance  gets disabled when the ultrasonic error occurs.

I updated my own P4 as well months ago and never got this issue.... Maybe you could try to refresh the firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 for PC/MAC , and if it doesn't work, try disabling the VPS (in the GO 4 app), even if it makes the fly less stable it shouldn't cause errors anymore and you should be able to fly until an update which may help you with this issue.
2018-7-16
Use props
djiuser_i8Um5NL7k8Mx
New
United States

Drycatoh Posted at 2018-7-16 09:19
I updated my own P4 as well months ago and never got this issue.... Maybe you could try to refresh the firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 for PC/MAC , and if it doesn't work, try disabling the VPS (in the GO 4 app), even if it makes the fly less stable it shouldn't cause errors anymore and you should be able to fly until an update which may help you with this issue.

I have read on this forum that disabling vps does not disable ultrasonic sensors. But thanks for the suggestion. My theory is that the ultrasonic sensor may have changed slightly with the newer P4s and the firmware needs to be tweeked to account for it. Not seeing this on P4 Forum. Much more here on the P4P
2018-7-16
Use props
Drycatoh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1172723 ft
France

djiuser_i8Um5NL7k8Mx Posted at 2018-7-16 09:55
I have read on this forum that disabling vps does not disable ultrasonic sensors. But thanks for the suggestion. My theory is that the ultrasonic sensor may have changed slightly with the newer P4s and the firmware needs to be tweeked to account for it. Not seeing this on P4 Forum. Much more here on the P4P

I bought my own P4 after they stopped the shipping of this model, so we should have the same model.... Still this is possible, so I can't do much more for you, sorry
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_i8Um5NL7k8Mx Posted at 2018-7-16 09:14

We will forward this concern to our engineers. We will keep you updated. Thank you for the feedback.
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules