Mavir Air divert to the right side.
1708 36 2018-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eloygambin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187090 ft
Indonesia

Hey guys... I am having an issue with my It can't hold the direction. Sometimes just pushing the stick forward, the drone divert to the righ side. I test with out any wind and still the same. Compass and Imu were calibrated before fly . Ideas?

I will try to post a video later
2018-7-7
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, if you were standing with the drone facing away from you and pressed forward it drifts right? Thats odd. I have had slight issues, but normally it should just adjust. Maybe try a RC calibration with a IMU. KEEP IN MIND: you need an extremely flat and level surface. If you have one, use a bubble level, if not, try an app, though a physical level is always better. Other than that, it could be related to wind currents based on your environment.

Hope this helps, and fly safe.

Alpha
Edit for clarification: you are operating in GPS, correct? If so, how many sattielites and whats the strength? (3-0 bars)
2018-7-8
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

With such a small controller it's very easy to put some right roll input while pushing stick forward...... try using tap to fly and see if it still drifts..... if it doesn't drift during tap to fly it's an input issue.
2018-7-8
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Check flight log to see stick input to confirm it’s not caused by you. Also check is APAS on which may turn aircraft if detected something in front.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I apologize for the trouble. Can you please post some sample videos for us to assess what is happening with your Drone, please. Thank you
2018-7-8
Use props
Eloygambin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187090 ft
Indonesia

Hello guys,
In this video you can see what's going on... I tried to fly above a swimming pool and as you can see on the video, the Drone drifts to the right side.
Lets see if we can solve the problem

https://youtu.be/MWEdGD5Cps4
2018-7-9
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft
United States

Try a new set of props.
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Eloygambin Posted at 2018-7-9 03:01
Hello guys,
In this video you can see what's going on... I tried to fly above a swimming pool and as you can see on the video, the Drone drifts to the right side.

You need to post your phantom help log here not on some YT channel.
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Eloygambin Posted at 2018-7-9 03:01
Hello guys,
In this video you can see what's going on... I tried to fly above a swimming pool and as you can see on the video, the Drone drifts to the right side.

If your flying low to the ground over water VPs is going to have problems getting lock on surface beneath. To test correctly you should be at least 45ft above ground and out of reach of vps
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 04:45
If your flying low to the ground over water VPs is going to have problems getting lock on surface beneath. To test correctly you should be at least 45ft above ground and out of reach of vps

Did you even bother to view his flight video before opening your mouth and condescending the OP?

He's flying at 55m over mostly wooded terrain and is totally out of range of the VPS!

@Eloygambin,

There definitely seems to be something out of sorts with your MA looking at your video...

Can you kindly provide us your flight logs so we can look at this a bit more closely?

The logs can be uploaded here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

There are also instructions on that link on how to obtain the logs from your smartphone, and which files to attach.

Cheers
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 08:16
Did you even bother to view his flight video before opening your mouth and condescending the OP?

He's flying at 55m over mostly wooded terrain and is totally out of range of the VPS!

Here tweedldee check out what I found on the link. I noticed you haven’t given your thoughts yet I await to hear them. You can try match his link with the one I show in the picture.

Foot in your mouth again, just one thing I got from your stupid answer he’s flying 55m over wooded terrain, was it 55metres above the trees, if it wasn’t then VPs May well track the trees, also flying close over trees is never a good idea. He did in fact say he was flying above a swimming pool.

This is where links took me. Look forward to your summation on what you think happened.
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 08:29
Here tweedldee check out what I found on the link. I noticed you haven’t given your thoughts yet I await to hear them. You can try match his link with the one I show in the picture.

Foot in your mouth again, just one thing I got from your stupid answer he’s flying 55m over wooded terrain, was it 55metres above the trees, if it wasn’t then VPs May well track the trees, also flying close over trees is never a good idea. He did in fact say he was flying above a swimming pool.

No foot in mouth dump truck, this is what comes up for me:

And save your childish insults for someone else, more and more people know how much of an a-hole you can be now.
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 08:34
No foot in mouth dump truck, this is what comes up for me:

[view_image]

So what do you want a clap on the back, I told you what comes up for me and I also showed you, maybe you can imbed the link here so we all can see, I gave an answer on what limited information I had, your answer was you definitely have a problem here.
Don’t come here and attack until you know the details. And for one who doesn’t like the childish insults your pretty fond of using them.
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 08:16

This was your opening gambit, and considering what you know now, was it warranted .
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 08:52

That statement was factual:

"You need to post your phantom help log here not on some YT channel"

That was YOUR opening line buddy, and it was condescending.

And considering the comment about my wife you made in another thread, you should consider yourself VERY lucky I don't give you a much bigger piece of my mind.

And as it seems you don't even know how to use a computer or iPad correctly, here is the expanded link as well:

2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 10:02

"You need to post your phantom help log here not on some YT channel"

Again I never made any comment about your wife, twisting again more hysteria, I made the comment about you. Call it as it is.
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 10:43
Again I never made any comment about your wife, twisting again more hysteria, I made the comment about you. Call it as it is.

BS, it related to my wife, and me, once again YOU are trying to twist FACTS around, don't make me pull up the screenshot.

Furthermore, I suggest you stop now, or else your vitriolic diatribe you spewed to me in PM will be made public as well, further exposing your lies.
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 10:02

"You need to post your phantom help log here not on some YT channel"

Look at the video and look at controller movements with sticks you will see aircraft did what controller commanded.
Will leave you chart below you can follow.

* Plus Pitch – Move Forward
* Minus Pitch – Move Backward
* Plus Yaw – Turn Right
* Minus Yaw – Turn Left
* Plus Roll – Move Right
* Minus Roll – Move Left
* Plus Throttle – Stand Taller
* Minus Throttle – Crouch
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I see the downvote lady is here again.....
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 10:50
BS, it related to my wife, and me, once again YOU are trying to twist FACTS around, don't make me pull up the screenshot.

Furthermore, I suggest you stop now, or else your vitriolic diatribe you spewed to me in PM will be made public as well, further exposing your lies.

It related to you, one who posts peoples PM’s on an open forum. Which dji had to remove.
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 10:51
Look at the video and look at controller movements with sticks you will see aircraft did what controller commanded.
Will leave you chart below you can follow.

Not only an a-hole, but blind too...

You can clearly see the pilot pushing forward on the right stick, and the aircraft drifting to the right instead of flying straight, as OP stated!

OP then has to point aircraft to the left, in order for the craft to go where he wanted.

You are so pathetic!
2018-7-9
Use props
El Gordo Tejano
lvl.1
United States

Mine started doing this while idling. It started yesterday during a test flight after i brought it back to landing pad and it was just hovering. I will test again today, but not sure what caused it as there really was no wind.
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Sorry for allowing that digression...

When you have a chance to upload those flight logs to Phantom log site, we'll see what the drone recorded, and take it from there.

Cheers
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 10:54
Not only an a-hole, but blind too...

You can clearly see the pilot pushing forward on the right stick, and the aircraft drifting to the right instead of flying straight, as OP stated!

Again I’m amazed how little you know, that video your looking at will not show any deviation IE sticks moved to left or right as in slightly off centre, it doesn’t show this and if you want it’s very easy to check this out, so if controller moves his elevator slightly left or right it shows up there as straight forward, so go try it and you will understand what I’m saying, regarding other movements you can clearly see Yaw and roll movements . Regarding him being able to tell from such a short flight line. Remember Aircraft was 170ft away.
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 11:28
Again I’m amazed how little you know, that video your looking at will not show any deviation IE sticks moved to left or right as in slightly off centre, it doesn’t show this and if you want it’s very easy to check this out, so if controller moves his elevator slightly left or right it shows up there as straight forward, so go try it and you will understand what I’m saying, regarding other movements you can clearly see Yaw and roll movements . Regarding him being able to tell from such a short flight line. Remember Aircraft was 170ft away.

Wow, just f'ing wow...

Even at 170ft away, a good pilot could tell his aircraft is veering to one side, and even once it's out of VLOS, you can still tell whether it's veering, especially as much as was indicated in his log video, just by glancing at the live video feed on the display whilst in flight. I was able to see this on my MA when it was drifting on a test flight over the weekend with no problem!

You're not a pro pilot at all!
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 11:32
Wow, just f'ing wow...

Even at 170ft away, a good pilot could tell his aircraft is veering to one side, and even once it's out of VLOS, you can still tell whether it's veering, especially as much as was indicated in his log video, just by glancing at the live video feed on the display whilst in flight. I was able to see this on my MA when it was drifting on a test flight over the weekend with no problem!

You are 100% wrong and everything you know could be written on the back of a stamp, yes you have already told us you have full VLOS at 1000 metres, but not everyone has, also when flying look straight up in the air and full elevator and see how difficult it is to fly straight. Flying short course straight is one very difficult manoeuvre, particularly if your looking straight up at the sky , and more difficult if you have little experience.
Now I know we are going to see your flight log flying 1000 metres in a straight line, maybe this will show us all what is happening here, so I look forward to you producing this log and I’m sure you will, because you don’t have any problems asking others to produce logs, as you did hear, and I will comment when further when we see the actual log from the OP.
So nothing more can be said here as it would need more information before comment.
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 11:42
You are 100% wrong and everything you know could be written on the back of a stamp, yes you have already told us you have full VLOS at 1000 metres, but not everyone has, also when flying look straight up in the air and full elevator and see how difficult it is to fly straight. Flying short course straight is one very difficult manoeuvre, particularly if your looking straight up at the sky , and more difficult if you have little experience.
Now I know we are going to see your flight log flying 1000 metres in a straight line, maybe this will show us all what is happening here, so I look forward to you producing this log and I’m sure you will, because you don’t have any problems asking others to produce logs, as you did hear, and I will comment when further when we see the actual log from the OP.
So nothing more can be said here as it would need more information before comment.

Are you that inept??? THE OP WAS FLYING AT 40-50M DISTANCE and 54-55M ELEVATION when the MA was veering!!! Even with poor eyesight and glasses one can spot that!

And even if someone can't, a glance at the screen will show it 100%!

And if you ACTUALLY LOOK at the stick input at the moment of drift, you will see ONLY FORWARD INPUT, and the MA is going forward, BUT ALSO DRIFTING!!!

Someone please boot this guy, or give him glasses, I think he needs them!
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 11:50
Are you that inept??? THE OP WAS FLYING AT 40-50M DISTANCE and 54-55M ELEVATION when the MA was veering!!! Even with poor eyesight and glasses one can spot that!

And even if someone can't, a glance at the screen will show it 100%!

Nobody can explain to you even if he slightly moved elevator stick to the left or right it won’t show on that flight, is that impossible for you to understand, this may show on his flight log , but WILL NOT SHOW ON THIS VIDEO.

you will see when you put up your own flight log.
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 11:54
Nobody can explain to you even if he slightly moved elevator stick to the left or right it won’t show on that flight, is that impossible for you to understand, this may show on his flight log , but WILL NOT SHOW ON THIS VIDEO.

Or maybe you have decided not to, while I may need glasses to see, I would like you to tell all in the forum how you cam manage to see a Mavic Air 1000 metres away at 90 metres altitude.
But I don’t think we will ever find this one out.
2018-7-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 11:54
Nobody can explain to you even if he slightly moved elevator stick to the left or right it won’t show on that flight, is that impossible for you to understand, this may show on his flight log , but WILL NOT SHOW ON THIS VIDEO.

We have to take into account here that in some remote areas of this planet there are people who are still convinced that the earth is flat. They will do everything to defend their position and will never accept any explanation that is not in line with their somewhat distorted view on the world and how things are...
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-9 14:27
We have to take into account here that in some remote areas of this planet there are people who are still convinced that the earth is flat. They will do everything to defend their position and will never accept any explanation that is not in line with their somewhat distorted view on the world and how things are...

Wachtberger, I'm impressed, you actually take the time to watch the news and study the Idiots Are Us club?

Your feeble attempt at a sarcastic insult is quite disappointing, but not unexpected, since you once again come to defend someone who claims a VIDEO is saying something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what it actually shows.

I'm guessing next you or hallmark007 will try and convince us it's not actually a video, but a doctored photograph? Or that the compass needle indicating the direction of where the AC is pointing is completely meaningless in order to backup the claim the AC wasn't drifting?

Pathetic...
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

We have to take into account here that in some remote areas of this planet there are people who are still convinced that the earth is flat. They will do everything to defend their position and will never accept any explanation that is not in line with their somewhat distorted view on the world and how things are...

Your so right. I’m still in wonderment that we have on this forum a user who can see his Mavic Air at over 1000 metres and can see it moving to one side or another.

And then has the cheek to warn others to keep their MavAir very close, I am pleased he has gotten over his transmission problems, but I’m certain he will invent a few more soon.
2018-7-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

And here I thought you and hallmark were best buddies.
You know he isn't going to like you talking about Ireland like that.  In defense of Ireland, it's hardly remote being only thousand miles from Germany.
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-9 14:40
Wachtberger, I'm impressed, you actually take the time to watch the news and study the Idiots Are Us club?

Your feeble attempt at a sarcastic insult is quite disappointing, but not unexpected, since you once again come to defend someone who claims a VIDEO is saying something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what it actually shows.

Ok so go and show us a stick movement on similar video on your flight log where you can just move stick slightly off centre and it show as just , you can’t because it can’t be done, so I’ve just made a nonsense of your ridiculous arguments, but seen as you asked the OP to show his log, then maybe you will show your log. Or where you just trying to create hysteria.
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-9 15:51
Ok so go and show us a stick movement on similar video on your flight log where you can just move stick slightly off centre and it show as just , you can’t because it can’t be done, so I’ve just made a nonsense of your ridiculous arguments, but seen as you asked the OP to show his log, then maybe you will show your log. Or where you just trying to create hysteria.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

What a f’ing idiot... You belong on that National Geographic channel series Science of Stupid, you’d fit in perfect there!
2018-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

This is not asking for logs
2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

IN THIS THEAD MORON! And I was trying to be nicer to the guy than your sorry a$$:

You're such an idiot!!! Also note the language of the request, I said US not ME, cause I wanted other pilots to chime in as well! FFS!!! And in the other thread I didn't ask for logs! MY GOD!
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules