Few problems with my spark - Any answers?
1031 17 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adam_DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12228 ft
Israel

Hello, my friends.
Hope you will able to help me with a few problems that I can't figure it out.

1. My remote that connects to my phone, lose signal after maybe a 40 meters of flight. the phone starts to show lagging and I can't see where the spark is flying to.
I tried to downgrade the DJI app but it didn't work, tried to close all 4G data on the phone but still didn't work. Tried to connect it with an OTG cable but this option is for the second problem. I ordered the signal accessory, but still, don't make any sense that this is the range. a toy drones can get more. Please help.

2. When I connect the otg cable to my phone, no matter what option I choose in the phone it starts immediately to charge the remote and in a few minutes the battery drain to 0%.
What can I do?

Thank you, and hope to find some answer from you dear friends.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize for the troubles. May I ask what is the brand or make of your mobile device? Thank you
2018-7-8
Use props
Adam_DJI
lvl.2
Israel

Yes.
Lg V20
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, can you please check what is the firmware version of your aircraft and the remote controller?     Aircraft Firmware should be V 01.00.1000 and Remote Controller is V 01.00.0500 respectively. Thank you.
2018-7-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"When I connect the otg cable to my phone, no matter what option I choose in the phone it starts immediately to charge the remote and in a few minutes the battery drain to 0%."

You can, better have to change the direction of the OTG cable.
Turn it around, please, the RC has to "slowly charge phone"

I have tried a LG G4, last year. And it did not work out (Android 7)
Ok, the LG G4 got slowed down by the latest firmware b/c of the CPU-tin solder-problem and the resulting "sudden death" of many (some?) of them.
So that might not have to say anything.

But anyway, just 40 meters with RC is not a App problem, IN CASE THE RC is disconnecting, not just the phone!
If it is "only" the phone, I would try to correct the OTG-direction  and also would go back to Go4 4.1.15
If that does not work: you may need a new phone.

Which I would do test, to make sure. Can you lay hand on an iPhone?
Or a other brand android? Just to find the faulty part here?
2018-7-8
Use props
Adam_DJI
lvl.2
Israel

I will try the 4.2.15 app.
The V20 is a 3 years phone but I think that still has the speed and more of a newer phones.
2018-7-8
Use props
sanirbacarin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7037 ft
Brazil

I have the same problem. Spark with firmware 900 and galaxy tab s2... I can't find firmware 1000 to download
2018-7-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Adam_DJI Posted at 2018-7-8 20:18
I will try the 4.2.15 app.
The V20 is a 3 years phone but I think that still has the speed and more of a newer phones.

oh, just by the specs there shouldnt be any problem.  "Just" android 4.4 is needed.
The LG G4 was the top model in 2015, methinks.
It may be the LG in the android of your Phone, the Ram managment, perhaps, which will not let it work really good with the Go4.
Have you used google a bit, with DJI Go4 and V20?
2018-7-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

sanirbacarin Posted at 2018-7-9 20:11
I have the same problem. Spark with firmware 900 and galaxy tab s2... I can't find firmware 1000 to download

That is not a problem.
Yet
But it may become one, as soon as you find .1000

Sorry about that!

Do you experience any problems with .900?
No? Dont look too hard for 1000!
Yes? Try .800, .701 or reinstall .900

Or is it the go4, which gets your tab in trouble?
Get an older version for testing
2018-7-9
Use props
sanirbacarin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7037 ft
Brazil

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-9 21:10
That is not a problem.
Yet
But it may become one, as soon as you find .1000

DJI Gamora said we have to try version 1000. That's why i was looking for this version.

Before the upgrade to DJI GO app i didn't have this problem. I'll try to downgrade DJI GO and test again.

I tried yesterday instead of using my Galaxy Tab S2 using may phone Galaxy S8 and the problem almost disappeared.

2018-7-10
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-8 04:31
Hi, can you please check what is the firmware version of your aircraft and the remote controller?     Aircraft Firmware should be V 01.00.1000 and Remote Controller is V 01.00.0500 respectively. Thank you.

Is this new firmware of DJI SPARK and RC firmware released ?   Please provide weblink .
2018-7-10
Use props
Adam_DJI
lvl.2
Israel

Another problem that I have, I can't see the wifi connection signal in the wifi section in the app.
I want to choose the best channel but I can't.
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi everyone, as of the moment, I was able to clarify this concern to our with the right department and the official firmware of Spark is still under testing, we'll release on our website as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your attention.
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

S.J Posted at 2018-7-10 08:24
Is this new firmware of DJI SPARK and RC firmware released ?   Please provide weblink .

Hi, The new Spark firmware was originally expected to be released recently, however, to ensure that we provide a good user experience, we are still testing the software, so the release will be slightly delayed. The new firmware will be released in the near future. Thank you for your patience and understanding
2018-7-12
Use props
LadyDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5131 ft
United States

GO 4 software update delayed - See the big picture event delayed  - ok thanks for taking time to make sure software works - do not want my drone heading south for the winter.  
2018-7-12
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-12 03:54
Hi, The new Spark firmware was originally expected to be released recently, however, to ensure that we provide a good user experience, we are still testing the software, so the release will be slightly delayed. The new firmware will be released in the near future. Thank you for your patience and understanding

Please ensure battery life is given more importance and possibly the OTG connection for iphone and Android users.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

S.J Posted at 2018-7-12 10:00
Please ensure battery life is given more importance and possibly the OTG connection for iphone and Android users.

Hi SJ, we will forward this specific concern to our engineers. Again we do apologize for any troubles. Thank you.
2018-7-12
Use props
3rdEye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 399386 ft
Germany

1) - Same Problem on iOS, Version 4.2.22 and iPhone 6
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules