Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark Lost after IMU, Compass and GPS Error
1986 12 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cunhah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8855 ft
Brazil

I lost my DJI Spark today while flying a simple straight up flight to capture some shoots. After less then 4 minutes of air time, my drone started to fly away, I got IMU, GPS and Compass Error. Then the RC lost connectivity with the drone. I spent 2 hours walking around trying to find where it landed. No success. I didn´t locate my drone.

IMG_5623Small.jpg

IMG_5622.PNG

Thanks to a Hardware/Software issue I lost my drone. This is my second DJI Drone that presents failures. What a terrible product! I am very disappointed.

I raised a Repair Request, uploaded the Flight Records. Let´s see what DJI support will return. Clearly the Drone had a malfunction.

2018-7-8
Use props
cunhah
lvl.1
Brazil

@DJI Mindy @DJI Thor @DJI Susan @DJI Diana - Forum Admin,

Any chance you can review my case? If you need the Repair Request Number, please drop me a Private Message.

Thanks,
@Cunhah

2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize about the troubles you had. May we ask for the case (CAS) number? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-7-8
Use props
cunhah
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-8 04:26
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize about the troubles you had. May we ask for the case (CAS) number? We're here to help you. Thank you.

Hi DJI Gamora, I just sent you a Personal Message with my CAS number. I appreciate if you can take a special look over it.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

cunhah Posted at 2018-7-8 07:01
Hi DJI Gamora, I just sent you a Personal Message with my CAS number. I appreciate if you can take a special look over it.

Hi. yes, i am now forwarding this one and coordinating with the correct department. Thank you.
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Cunhah, just to verify, the drone has been lost, right? Pre the case number you offered, it looks like a self-repair service, could you clarify? Please kindly confirm and let us guide you the further steps.
2018-7-8
Use props
cunhah
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-8 18:46
Hi Cunhah, just to verify, the drone has been lost, right? Pre the case number you offered, it looks like a self-repair service, could you clarify? Please kindly confirm and let us guide you the further steps.

Hi @DJI Susan,

Yes, my DJI Spark IS LOST after a fly away bug.
As I said before, I spent already 4 hours walking around the neighborhood trying to find where it landed/crashed without success.
All of this happened after a series of IMU, Compass and GPS error. As those errors started to popup, the Drone became unresponsive to the remote control and flew away. In a few seconds it became out of reach of my remote control.

I did not find any other option on DJI Website to raise a case for my situation other then a repair service.

Please point me on the right direction. I really want DJI do analyse Flight Data to explain what happened. And if possible to provider proper reimbursement of my drone due to its hw/sw failure.

Thanks,
@Cunhah

2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cunhah Posted at 2018-7-9 03:06
Hi @DJI Susan,

Yes, my DJI Spark IS LOST after a fly away bug.

Thanks for the clarification. Generally, for flyaway cases, it is recommended to contact our support directly to start a case. I've forwarded this to the designated team, they will contact and guide you the correct steps during the working time. No worries.
2018-7-9
Use props
micron929rr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36998 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-9 03:43
Thanks for the clarification. Generally, for flyaway cases, it is recommended to contact our support directly to start a case. I've forwarded this to the designated team, they will contact and guide you the correct steps during the working time. No worries.

I have had the same error happen multiple times to me also.  I calibrated the compass and IMU more times than I can count....nothing seems to resolve the problem.  I always fly within VLOS and was able to manually bring it back to me each time.  I live in a rural area.  There is nothing around that would affect the signal.  Please fix this issue DJI
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

micron929rr Posted at 1-24 06:01
I have had the same error happen multiple times to me also.  I calibrated the compass and IMU more times than I can count....nothing seems to resolve the problem.  I always fly within VLOS and was able to manually bring it back to me each time.  I live in a rural area.  There is nothing around that would affect the signal.  Please fix this issue DJI

Hi there, just to verify, is the compass or IMU calibration successful? May I have a short screen recording of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status.
2019-1-25
Use props
ECHODRIVERII
lvl.1

was this ever solved? ive had a series of gps issues myself where ill be flying at any altitude and i get a compass error exit p-gps mode. im flying on current up to date software did a refresh of system software through aassistant 2 and recalibrated both gps and imu and controller sticks in a remote location free of interference. all steps were sucessful after calibration. this has happen 4 times total now. first time was 100 feet out and 200 feet up hovering while recording a sunset, once while just flying around my house out front in vlos no more then 30 feet from me and less then 80 feet altitude. another instance of this happened at a local park, i was flying in sport mode in a straight line and as i released the sticks to allow it to stop and hover it decided to just flip upside down and crash landed from prolly 4 feet off the ground max. i myself have not had a fly away situation as i keep constant vlos at all time as i dont want to risk losing my investment. it doesnt seem as if dji has offered an update since 2016 for the spark. it would be nice if this could be addressed soon and a new update released to address this issue before dji just stops updating and maintinging the spark system. ive also noticed that after the inital set up and use i was only able to use gesture control after the very first time just trying it out and playing with it (succesfully) everything worked as it should have and responded to all gestures but has never since that day. it will recognize face and launch from palm control but refuses to accept any gesture controls.
2019-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ECHODRIVERII Posted at 9-18 12:24
was this ever solved? ive had a series of gps issues myself where ill be flying at any altitude and i get a compass error exit p-gps mode. im flying on current up to date software did a refresh of system software through aassistant 2 and recalibrated both gps and imu and controller sticks in a remote location free of interference. all steps were sucessful after calibration. this has happen 4 times total now. first time was 100 feet out and 200 feet up hovering while recording a sunset, once while just flying around my house out front in vlos no more then 30 feet from me and less then 80 feet altitude. another instance of this happened at a local park, i was flying in sport mode in a straight line and as i released the sticks to allow it to stop and hover it decided to just flip upside down and crash landed from prolly 4 feet off the ground max. i myself have not had a fly away situation as i keep constant vlos at all time as i dont want to risk losing my investment. it doesnt seem as if dji has offered an update since 2016 for the spark. it would be nice if this could be addressed soon and a new update released to address this issue before dji just stops updating and maintinging the spark system. ive also noticed that after the inital set up and use i was only able to use gesture control after the very first time just trying it out and playing with it (succesfully) everything worked as it should have and responded to all gestures but has never since that day. it will recognize face and launch from palm control but refuses to accept any gesture controls.

Hi ECHODRIVERII, we have replied to your own thread, please keep us updated there, thank you.
2019-9-19
Use props
micron929rr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36998 ft
United States

I figured out the issue...seems to happen, at least 90% of the time, when switching from GPS to Sport mode or making abrupt flight direction changes.  It actually has not happened it quite some time now.....may it was a DJI app issue?
2020-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules