Drone flying in Abu Dhabi, any clear info?
3386 3 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mohammed Ziyad
New

United Arab Emirates

I am a student in UAE. Bought the Dji Mavic Air yesterday. Going through a very few available info online, this is what ive done so far:- GCAA registration

Its a very basic process, Going to the website registration tab, upload askes docs, on the spot you will get 2 docs, one with a page showing your details, drone detaols, etc... i guess you should carry it with you while flying your drone, Second docs with rules. Later i got an email saying my application has been closed, need not panic like i did, i sent reply to the same email, looked up no. to contact GCAA, a rep picked up the phone and told me that there was nothing to worry about, it just meant that my uploaded docs are perfect and i can legally fly the drone. I guess i can fly in any non restricted flying zones in UAE accept in Dubai with this registration.
The remaining doubt is
1) Which are the places in Abu Dhabi that are non ristricted ? because i follpwed the web site and downloaded an app called no fly zone and only saw a pink sketch ALL OVER Abu Dhabi.
2) Video shooting and photos :- can i or can't i ?

I had emailed my doubts to GCAA but no reply yet

Next up DCAA liscence , Sanad Academy, Hobbyist. 350 dhs.
I know this will allow me to fly and shoot photos in non restricted areas in Dubai. And the map seems pretty cool considering it has enough places to get cool footages unlike the GCAA map

Any experienced pilots who went through all the process? please do share
2018-7-8
Use props
themiyao
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29386 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Yeah I just went through the process. Yes for hobbyist its gonna cost you 350 but if you register one or more drones it'll cost you more. Once you certified by Sanad you have to register at DCAA which gonna cost you AED120 per drone.
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_0MSsyXKZFbKJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1217 ft
United Arab Emirates

Update: I had all the process done, have been flying since july... so far all good, have only flew the drone in Abu Dhabu Rural areas, Dubai Academic city.
2018-9-2
Use props
TARIQ-DJI
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

djiuser_0MSsyXKZFbKJ Posted at 2018-9-2 01:14
Update: I had all the process done, have been flying since july... so far all good, have only flew the drone in Abu Dhabu Rural areas, Dubai Academic city.

Hi, I am from Abu Dhabi and planning to get a Mavir Air or Spark, but not clear, if, even after registration with GCCA I am allowed to fly it in Abu Dhabi region, since both of them have cameras.
Do I need to register my drone in Dubai also? even though if I restrict myself in Abu Dhabi Region, including Al-Ain?

Please suggest.
2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules