HomePoint Updated while i don`t want that!
12Next >
2770 40 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,
Had a flight today with my spark, just to check out few things.

At startup my HP was set and i did check it on the map ; yes HP setting is correct.

At the end of the flight i landed somewhere else, and took off again from that postion.
Uh??? message text and audio : "your HomePoint has been updated, please check it on the map"

But i do not want to have my HP updated when i land somewhere else wich is not my takeoff point!!

Do others have the same experience?

cheers
JJB
2018-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don believe you can set a different homepoint other than where you took off from, you can of course change to land at vicinity of RC , so this mode gives you two options. Maybe a suggestion for dji, although I’m not sure of the value of it.
2018-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I don believe you can set a different homepoint other than where you took off from, you can of course change to land at vicinity of RC , so this mode gives you two options. Maybe a suggestion for dji, although I’m not sure of the value of it.
As landing can be fraught with problems you should always insure you are at this location.
2018-7-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Did you only land in the other place or did you also switch the motors off and then on again?
2018-7-8
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-8 07:15
As landing can be fraught with problems you should always insure you are at this location.

Hi hallmark,

Mabyby we don`t understand each other, if i fly from point A (will be my HP setting) to point B (200 meters away), land there for some reason. Takeoff again and fly back home.

If something gets wrong on the way back and i want to use the RTH function my drone will fly to point B !!

Did you expect this? I for sure not, if i develop software i would give the user the option "Do you like to update this new HP or keep the original HP?"

@Wachtberger ; Just land so rotors stopped (and new flightreecord ofcourse), wait 2 seconds and takeoff again.

cheers
JJB

2018-7-8
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

It does make sense that your last takeoff point would be considered a new homepoint though.
Its a pretty specific case not to be considered as such and I think it makes most people happy this way. It's the last known 'safe' location for takeoff and landing.

I would certainly expect this behaviour.
2018-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-8 07:23
Hi hallmark,

Mabyby we don`t understand each other, if i fly from point A (will be my HP setting) to point B (200 meters away), land there for some reason. Takeoff again and fly back home.

As I said it’s not a feature of your spark or any other drone, there is provision for changing RTH while you are flying, so I presume if walking back to first take off, you can set RTH to that spot if you are there, so from that point of view I see no problem.

But as I said earlier it is the job of you as a pilot, to be at the location of your aircraft when it lands, in the commercial world, you would learn of the real dangers and the risk of not being at the location of landing. Now I don’t know if this is why dji have set it up this way.

Scenario. You walk away from homepoint , you are 100 metres from it , you lose signal your aircraft is now returning to homepoint, you are not there , some children have arrived , well then you have put them in danger. It’s just something to think about.
2018-7-8
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Hi hallmark,

If you land and turn off motors at point B then take off again it is considered new fly and there for new home point.
2018-7-8
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-8 07:34
As I said it’s not a feature of your spark or any other drone, there is provision for changing RTH while you are flying, so I presume if walking back to first take off, you can set RTH to that spot if you are there, so from that point of view I see no problem.

But as I said earlier it is the job of you as a pilot, to be at the location of your aircraft when it lands, in the commercial world, you would learn of the real dangers and the risk of not being at the location of landing. Now I don’t know if this is why dji have set it up this way.

Agree on your safety points, i was just surprised that this happend. Did not excpect this behaviour.
But ofcourse not so realistic scenario but glad that i know that it works like this.

So never land your drone at the other side of a river in wild nature just for fun or for that great takeoff action ! Or do it and adjust HP back again to the original point.

Cheers
JJB

2018-7-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

At least it is something important to be aware of (and there is a logic in it). If your mobile device has GPS on, you can however correct the homepoint to that location.
2018-7-8
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

G_Sig Posted at 2018-7-8 07:35
If you land and turn off motors at point B then take off again it is considered new fly and there for new home point.

Yes, and as i explained ; did not expect that. so happy that i know this now.
2018-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi hallmark,

What actually happens with your drone on landing is, you hold down stick for 3 seconds , this will convey to your IMU you have landed and cannot move any further down , it will send message to cpu to turn off motors, and this means you have landed , now maybe if you don’t hold down for 3 seconds, then it may not record homepoint when you raise Aircraft, don’t know if this will happen, though I suspect not.
2018-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 2018-7-8 07:41
Agree on your safety points, i was just surprised that this happend. Did not excpect this behaviour.
But ofcourse not so realistic scenario but glad that i know that it works like this.

Well you could land if you believe it’s safe, it’s entirely your decision. But if new homepoint is now set, and RTH kicks in , and there is no bridge near by, I suggest strip off and swim across and get it ;+)....
2018-7-8
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

I must say I do move around a lot when flying, and depending on the location I fly or how far I walk from the original homepoint I do frequently reset my homepoint to the remote.
2018-7-8
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-8 07:52
Well you could land if you believe it’s safe, it’s entirely your decision. But if new homepoint is now set, and RTH kicks in , and there is no bridge near by, I suggest strip off and swim across and get it ;+)....

yeah, nice challenge ; and ofcourse its wild water streaming!!  well, life is not easy but not to be lived boring!
2018-7-8
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-8 07:55
I must say I do move around a lot when flying, and depending on the location I fly or how far I walk from the original homepoint I do frequently reset my homepoint to the remote.

yup, works great if you have an Android device. IOS devices get an GPS error when updating HP (read on this forum)
2018-7-8
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Just found this video, here's a guy that ehm... makes 'good use?' of the reset homepoint ability given with an intermediate landing in his flight.

2018-7-15
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Hi JJBSpark,

Yes I can see the frustration you experienced with this.

Despite the incorrect commentary from HM007, in true professional (and even non-professional) flight scenarios, there is a definite logical, and even occasional need, to be able to retain ones original HP after having to make a landing at an alternate location, whether for a deliberate reason, or even an emergency. The inference that this is not needed is simply incorrect, and is indicative of lack of actual professional experience or foresight into why such a function should be made available.

I do fully agree however, that landing at a site where the pilot is not present is extremely risky, and possibly even illegal in some parts of the world, which is perhaps why DJI doesn't include this option with their consumer drones, but a professional pilot should be able to do a visual survey of the intended landing sight using the gimbal camera, to determine the possibility of safely landing at the remote site.

For the moment, the only workaround I can think of is to have the HP set to dynamic mode, which will always make the HP the GPS location of the pilot. Not the most elegant solution, but I've tested this, and it does work, so long as the aircraft has sufficient battery power remaining, and can be operated in a safe manner.

Cheers mate!
2018-7-15
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-7-15 12:57
Just found this video, here's a guy that ehm... makes 'good use?'  of the reset homepoint ability given with an intermediate landing in his flight.

O...M...F...G...

I'm at a loss for words how many legal violations are in this video, and down right irresponsible and dangerous piloting behaviour!!!

This guy should have his drone seized and banned for life from owning / operating any more!!!

MY GOD!!!
2018-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I have to step in here and say such clap trap, from someone with a months experience. First the landing. It is fully the responsibility of the pilot to know where he should land , also he should know where he can land in an emergency, if the pilot is going to change the homepoint, he only needs to manually land at this spot close down and fire up again. All commercial pilots are required by law to carry fire extinguishers, what are these for , well for one the most likely cause is a fire is when landing, dry grass for instance and very hot equipment , how safe will looking through your gimbal if your aircraft is either going to go on fire or start a fire, it would really help if pilot is 300 metres when fire starts, that would really make sense. A pilot should always be present at the landing of his aircraft, except in case of emergency landing.

Next point poster thinks sombody should banned for breaking rules, when he puts up a flight log showing he clearly flew 350 ft above his countries legal limit, and excuses this by saying he was flying across a lake and forest, and all this while completely out of VLOS , and actually thinks he is legally flying because he’s outside NFZ , this is arrogance of the highest degree.
2018-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I kid you not this guy flying 350 ft above Canadian legal limit for flying a drone at 3500 ft distance, in a drone he believes is broke. pot calling the kettle black..https://www.recode.net/2017/3/16/14948962/canada-laws-harder-fly-drones-penalty-fine-recreational
2018-7-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-15 14:02
Hi JJBSpark,

"For the moment, the only workaround I can think of is to have the HP set to dynamic mode, which will always make the HP the GPS location of the pilot."

As far as I'm aware the dynamic home point only operates when using 'Active Track' intelligent flight mode, where the aircraft will automatically update its home point when more than 15m from previous home point when tracking a moving target. This function is available in the Mavic Pro, is it now available on the Mavic Air ?
2018-7-15
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-15 15:30
"For the moment, the only workaround I can think of is to have the HP set to dynamic mode, which will always make the HP the GPS location of the pilot."

As far as I'm aware the dynamic home point only operates when using 'Active Track' intelligent flight mode, where the aircraft will automatically update its home point when more than 15m from previous home point when tracking a moving target. This function is available in the Mavic Pro, is it now available on the Mavic Air ?

I have not used the ActiveTrack feature on my MA out of fear of getting dive bombed Maybe once updated firmware is released that fixes the more significant issues, I will give it a try.

Besides, I prefer to be in control of my aircraft, I still don't trust the DJI AI systems ;)
2018-7-15
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-15 14:40
I have to step in here and say such clap trap, from someone with a months experience. First the landing. It is fully the responsibility of the pilot to know where he should land , also he should know where he can land in an emergency, if the pilot is going to change the homepoint, he only needs to manually land at this spot close down and fire up again. All commercial pilots are required by law to carry fire extinguishers, what are these for , well for one the most likely cause is a fire is when landing, dry grass for instance and very hot equipment , how safe will looking through your gimbal if your aircraft is either going to go on fire or start a fire, it would really help if pilot is 300 metres when fire starts, that would really make sense. A pilot should always be present at the landing of his aircraft, except in case of emergency landing.

Next point poster thinks sombody should banned for breaking rules, when he puts up a flight log showing he clearly flew 350 ft above his countries legal limit, and excuses this by saying he was flying across a lake and forest, and all this while completely out of VLOS , and actually thinks he is legally flying because he’s outside NFZ , this is arrogance of the highest degree.

Says the guy who was called out by several pilots for claiming 25° is a 1/4 turn:

Sure, we'll trust someone who doesn't know basic calculations regarding directions...
2018-7-15
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-15 15:00
I kid you not this guy flying 350 ft above Canadian legal limit for flying a drone at 3500 ft distance, in a drone he believes is broke.[view_image] pot calling the kettle black..https://www.recode.net/2017/3/16/14948962/canada-laws-harder-fly-drones-penalty-fine-recreational

Who once again neglects to mention I was flying in the middle of nowhere, far away from civilization, LEGALLY, according to Transport Canada's own map!

And also AirMap's comprehensive air space database:

Nice of you to again twist facts, I'd have thought after you'd been exposed for the fraud you are, and the vile harassment you unleash on other pilots here via PM (not just me, could post if I wanted to), you'd have learned your lesson...

Any more rebuttals, and more screenshots of your fallacies will be posted.
2018-7-15
Use props
Jay W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259462 ft
Singapore

Just found this video, here's a guy that ehm... makes 'good use?'  of the reset homepoint ability given with an intermediate landing in his flight.

must have been quite a scare seeing that it refused to take off after a few tries.
2018-7-15
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-15 14:02
Hi JJBSpark,

Hi Edison,

Nah, no frustation more surprised to find this out. I had not expected this behaviour.
And ofcourse you should not land somewhere far away from where you are. (loosing connection probably beacuse of non LOS, safety issues etc.)

I am all aware of this! I had expected a message on the GoAPP wich ask the OP "do you want to update this new HP location?".

Hallmark is free to express his view on this (and all othter postings) ofcourse, what i do not like that my posting is used for a fight between you and Hallmark. Best is not give any response, makes this forum more better.

Not using DHP myself, just set the HP to a different location manually in the app. (tested and works OK)

cheers
JJB
2018-7-15
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Amazing video!

He was so lucky that he had enough signal (guess reflections, while non-LOS) to takeoff from that building.
And i found a real benefit of an intermediate stop ; you can fly again up to the max flight altitude!

No need to say that this flight should not have taken place!

cheers
JJB
2018-7-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-15 19:27
I have not used the ActiveTrack feature on my MA out of fear of getting dive bombed  Maybe once updated firmware is released that fixes the more significant issues, I will give it a try.

Besides, I prefer to be in control of my aircraft, I still don't trust the DJI AI systems ;)

It was more to make people aware that Dynamic Home Point is not available on the Mavic Air, and it would not make the home point the location of the GPS pilot.

Perhaps the mode you intended was 'Follow Me' which is also a mode not currently available on the Mavic Air. Which on the Mavic Pro & P4 range allows the aircraft to follow the GPS location of the display unit (if it has GPS).
2018-7-16
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Netherlands

Jay W Posted at 2018-7-15 20:12
must have been quite a scare seeing that it refused to take off after a few tries.

How about that that satisfied smug at the end, he looked very content with his flight.
2018-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-15 19:36
Who once again neglects to mention I was flying in the middle of nowhere, far away from civilization, LEGALLY, according to Transport Canada's own map!

[view_image]

It doesn’t matter where you fly a drone in Canada , so no use posting maps, you clearly broke the rules for flying in Canada, 1/over D 1647 ft 2/ H 300 ft, so don’t be Pontificating here, saying others should be banned for life, when they break the rules, when your blatantly breaking your own rules. And no map is going to save you. There are no exceptions for hobbyists read your rules, you seem to be under the impression that if your not in an NFZ you can fly how and where you want, incorrect.
Try to stay on topic about what the thread is about.
2018-7-16
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-16 01:08
It doesn’t matter where you fly a drone in Canada , so no use posting maps, you clearly broke the rules for flying in Canada, 1/over D 1647 ft 2/ H 300 ft, so don’t be Pontificating here, saying others should be banned for life, when they break the rules, when your blatantly breaking your own rules. And no map is going to save you. There are no exceptions for hobbyists read your rules, you seem to be under the impression that if your not in an NFZ you can fly how and where you want, incorrect.
Try to stay on topic about what the thread is about.

Funny, I was about to say the same thing to you, the one who trusts the DJI app to tell him where he can and cannot fly, even though doing so is something any true professional pilot would NEVER do because of the complete inaccuracy of the DJI GO 4 app:

This is a PROPER representation of actual airspace information:

And in regards to me flying an extended distance flight, I love how you cling to that like a puppy in order to deflect away from your own lack of knowledge and tarnished reputation here...

I deliberately took the MA out to that area so I could safely conduct a long-range test flight, which is exactly what I did. I don't think the two other people at the edge of the lake, and maybe a Cougar in the woods, minded the flight. And I was FAR below the legal altitude of the mountain ridge line, and as even the Transport Canada map shows, I was in completely open, un-restricted airspace. So if you want to crucify me over a test flight like a petulant child, go ahead, I posted the logs, so it's not like I'm hiding it. If Transport Canada wants to come after me for something like this, which I know they won't, then fine, I accept the consequences of my own actions, and take them knowingly.

I will not be put down by someone who has a flagrant history of putting people down here, who doesn't know ANYTHING about flying and is most definitely NOT a professional pilot, and who has lied to the people of this forum for a seemingly long time. I could expose you very easily with some of the vile PM's you've sent me, and I already have twice, so don't force my hand to expose you further. You have a LONG history of turning pilot logs against them just to make yourself look superiour with a holier-than-thou attitude, and I've already exposed you for this, along with MANY other pilots, and even other Captains of this forum, who have chimed in to show us your true nature.

In any case, the feature that JJBSpark was wanting to have with his drone has a logical, and practical use, given the correct circumstances. I won't debate the semantics of the various circumstances, as it's pointless, especially with someone like you. I'm just going to agree that such a function should be made available.
2018-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-16 09:13
Funny, I was about to say the same thing to you, the one who trusts the DJI app to tell him where he can and cannot fly, even though doing so is something any true professional pilot would NEVER do because of the complete inaccuracy of the DJI GO 4 app:

[view_image]

Look what your shown here is simply both restricted and controlled airspace. Outside of this airspace is also controlled by whom ever is in charge of your countries airspace. And the rules for flying anywhere outside of any of those controlled or restricted airspace, is abundantly clear in the latest drone rules for Canada. And I only need to tell you the most important ones.
1/ altitude limit for drones over 250 grams 300 ft, for ALL CANADIAN AIRSPACE outside of restricted and controlled airspace in which you need SOP and to be a licensed UAV pilot.
2/ 1467 ft distance max. And all above equally applies.

Now maybe you could point to all of us where it says in new Canadian drone rules that it is ok to fly at any altitude so long as it’s over lakes and forests.

I don’t trust dji to tell me where to fly, I have maps that can be easily purchased by anybody to show where I can or cannot fly.

So without this descending into a farce just point to where it says in Canadian drone rules that in certain places you can fly as high as you like.

We all know the reason most countries have a 400 ft rule, it’s to separate manned airspace at 500 ft from UAV , and UAV must always give way to manned aircraft but if you can’t see your drone then this is going to cause difficulties, for particular first responders like helicopters who regularly fly over forests at low altitude.
2018-7-16
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-16 09:32
Look what your shown here is simply both restricted and controlled airspace. Outside of this airspace is also controlled by whom ever is in charge of your countries airspace. And the rules for flying anywhere outside of any of those controlled or restricted airspace, is abundantly clear in the latest drone rules for Canada. And I only need to tell you the most important ones.
1/ altitude limit for drones over 250 grams 300 ft, for ALL CANADIAN AIRSPACE outside of restricted and controlled airspace in which you need SOP and to be a licensed UAV pilot.
2/ 1467 ft distance max. And all above equally applies.

I have said my piece, and I will not engage with a troll any further.

The one thing I will add however, and give you a smidgen of credibility on, is that the Transport Canada Interim Order No. 8 was decommissioned and replaced by Interim Order No. 9 (to which you are referring to with the new 300ft AGL limit), of which I was unaware of. The legal language of said Order No. 9 has also been changed since it's previous No. 8 revision as of May 31, 2018, and now accurately classifies UAV's as "model aircraft" in Canada, making Interim Order No. 9 fully applicable to UAV operators. The previous legal language of the document allowed a UAV exemption to be legal.

It is very disheartening to see that Transport Canada has gone complete anal on the AGL restriction and setting it at 300ft AGL, where most every other country in the world is still at 400ft AGL, with the exception of the UK, who is planning on making this 400ft above SEA LEVEL, which means if you're in higher terrain, you will no longer be allowed to launch a drone AT ALL anymore

Also, they have now basically made most if not all UAV operators a "criminal" with this addendum:

With this one change, they're basically stating that if you want to pilot a UAV for recreational use, you must be alone (no friends can come with you), and you have to maintain a 30m buffer zone around your drone, including the LZ when it is time to land. Interim Order No. 8 did not have this restriction, so the Canadian law for UAV has now reverted back to being near draconian, and seems basically aimed at killing UAV recreational flight in this country. It wouldn't surprise me if this becomes one of those laws that is there, but everyone will break, because it's just impossible to follow it.
2018-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-16 09:13
Funny, I was about to say the same thing to you, the one who trusts the DJI app to tell him where he can and cannot fly, even though doing so is something any true professional pilot would NEVER do because of the complete inaccuracy of the DJI GO 4 app:

[view_image]

Here’s the aeronautical map I use.
If you want to see proof of my commercial license including 50 page operations manual just send me an email and I will send it.
2018-7-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-16 10:01
Here’s the aeronautical map I use.
If you want to see proof of my commercial license including 50 page operations manual just send me an email and I will send it.[view_image]

I and others don't give a FLYING FLIP, about what height drone was at.  
Thread was about issue of Home Point being automatically updated.

As for having 50 page Ops manual, BFD.
2018-7-16
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-16 00:03
It was more to make people aware that Dynamic Home Point is not available on the Mavic Air, and it would not make the home point the location of the GPS pilot.

Perhaps the mode you intended was 'Follow Me' which is also a mode not currently available on the Mavic Air. Which on the Mavic Pro & P4 range allows the aircraft to follow the GPS location of the display unit (if it has GPS).

Hi Aardvark,

I took my MA to an open football field today to test this function, and sure enough, it kept giving me the error stating the device GPS is too weak to locate it. Yet, when I fired up Apple Maps, GPS lock was near instant and precise. And also, when I switched to Litchi, guess what? I had Dynamic Home Point! Imagine that, AC is fully capable off it, DJI allows this function on the MA via their API's for third-party developers, but deliberately gimps it in their native rubbish GO 4 app!

Then when I got home, I stumbled across this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=157091&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D534%26typeid%3D534

Check out post #3 by DJI Stephan, another canned response that did NOT get welcomed with any warmth from other posters.

So JJBSpark, looks like if you want dynamic home point, you'll have to buy and fly your MA with Litchi. At least then you also get Waypoint ability on the MA, another feature DJI gimped on the MA via app!

Grrrrr
2018-7-16
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-7-16 19:22
Hi Aardvark,

I took my MA to an open football field today to test this function, and sure enough, it kept giving me the error stating the device GPS is too weak to locate it. Yet, when I fired up Apple Maps, GPS lock was near instant and precise. And also, when I switched to Litchi, guess what? I had Dynamic Home Point! Imagine that, AC is fully capable off it, DJI allows this function on the MA via their API's for third-party developers, but deliberately gimps it in their native rubbish GO 4 app!

Hi Edison,

I like to fly manual as much as possible! so no waypoint-flying for me.
One day DJI will see the light and will improve there own software!
Keep the customers happy ! and few skilled software engineers are not that expensive as in the total costs of DJI company.

cheers
JJB

2018-7-16
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi hallmark,

Very interesting, I flew my spark in a similar fashion where I had to land it to change frequency and it didnt ask/change the home point, it just flew exactly where I originally took off from. Perhaps some compass shenanigans?
2018-7-19
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2018-7-19 09:52
Very interesting, I flew my spark in a similar fashion where I had to land it to change frequency and it didnt ask/change the home point, it just flew exactly where I originally took off from. Perhaps some compass shenanigans?

No idea why in your situation it did not  update the HP.
So when i ever land for some reason not close to HP i will double check HP where it is/was.
cheers
JJB
2018-7-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules