Jelloing?
294 5 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cjshPjIq41Sc
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi  I'm a newbie to drone flying and after viewing my first steps at videoing I noticed the image was wavey and wobbling. Is this what is meant by Jelloing and what causes it?

The image was of a static house and was panning on a vertical track. I read somewhere in the FAQs it might have something to do with electronic shutter speed of 1/2000 more or less?
WCan this be avoided?
2018-7-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Which drone model?

If Phantom 3, Did you remove the white foam behind the gimbal?

RedHotPoker
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize for having some issues about your videos took from the aircraft. If its jelloing when the gimbal forward direction is against the strong wind direction, this is likely to cause jello and ripple effects.
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_cjshPjIq41Sc
lvl.1

New Zealand

Phantom 4 Pro+ - very calm conditions. Please be aware this was literally my second flight. First flight I was pushing the intelligent flight pause button thinking I was taking pics. I know... RTFM which I have now studied. I can feel the eyes rolling!  everyone is a newbie once eh. ;-P
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that you are having this issue. Can you please post some footages taken for us to assess them. Thank you.
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_cjshPjIq41Sc
lvl.1

New Zealand

Here is the file - the worst of the wobbling/jelloing is in the beginning as the drone tracks downwards.
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules