Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem charging new goggles
8759 11 2018-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ttrinko
New

I just got the DJI goggles. I plugged them in and the light on the headband was red.  

It eventually turned green and I unplugged the goggles from the power supply.

Next day i click on the on button and it shows no charge.  

When I try to plug in the charger to the goggles it flashes green and then goes dark. When I try to turn on the goggles it still shows no charge--all 4 indicators are dark.

Help!

Thanks for any assitance.
2018-7-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Can you post a video of the issue?
2018-7-8
Use props
ttrinko
New

Woe Posted at 2018-7-8 17:36
Can you post a video of the issue?

The only thing I could show is the charging indicator on the headband flashing green for a second before going out and the four charging lights staying dark when I press the on button on the side of the eyepieces.
2018-7-8
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

ttrinko Posted at 2018-7-8 19:44
The only thing I could show is the charging indicator on the headband flashing green for a second before going out and the four charging lights staying dark when I press the on button on the side of the eyepieces.

Try leaving them on a mains charger for a few hours, they take a while to fully charge.
As the charge progresses you should see the LEDs progress 1-4 as an indication of how much charge has been taken by the battery.
2018-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

ttrinko Posted at 2018-7-8 19:44
The only thing I could show is the charging indicator on the headband flashing green for a second before going out and the four charging lights staying dark when I press the on button on the side of the eyepieces.

Just as another thought, the headband is firmly pushed into the display unit, there should be a 'click' as the two sections engage properly ?
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the convenience, If may ask are you using a standard charger? If yes, It takes approximately four hours to fully charge the battery. Please do not charge the Goggles when it is powered on to ensure safety. I would suggest connecting the battery charger to a power outlet (200-240V, 50/60 Hz), however, If the issue will persist I would recommend to contact the seller for this concern so that you could possibly process a replacement for your unit.
2018-7-9
Use props
ttrinko
New

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-9 14:22
Hi, sorry for the convenience, If may ask are you using a standard charger? If yes, It takes approximately four hours to fully charge the battery. Please do not charge the Goggles when it is powered on to ensure safety. I would suggest connecting the battery charger to a power outlet (200-240V, 50/60 Hz), however, If the issue will persist I would recommend to contact the seller for this concern so that you could possibly process a replacement for your unit.

Standard DJI out of the box charger.  I'll try charging it again.
2018-7-9
Use props
ttrinko
New

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-9 02:19
Just as another thought, the headband is firmly pushed into the display unit, there should be a 'click' as the two sections engage properly ?

Thanks!  I believe the headband was properly connected but when I removed it and reinstalled it the unit began working. Instead of no lights showing when i hit the power button all 4 light up.

Thanks again!
2018-7-9
Use props
ttrinko
New

Well disconnecting and reconnecting the headband seemed to solve the problem. Thanks for all your help!
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ttrinko Posted at 2018-7-9 17:11
Standard DJI out of the box charger.  I'll try charging it again.

Hi, if your DJI Goggles will do the same thing, I would suggest contacting your reseller or in any case that you bought it from us kindly contact our support for better assistance. Please see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/support
2018-7-10
Use props
Chris189
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-9 14:22
Hi, sorry for the convenience, If may ask are you using a standard charger? If yes, It takes approximately four hours to fully charge the battery. Please do not charge the Goggles when it is powered on to ensure safety. I would suggest connecting the battery charger to a power outlet (200-240V, 50/60 Hz), however, If the issue will persist I would recommend to contact the seller for this concern so that you could possibly process a replacement for your unit.

Hi mine wont charge while turned on.  Please help since i need to use them longer than the battery lasts.  Thanks
2020-2-9
Use props
djiuser_T749A7w6FDwZ
New

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-9 02:19

Thank you for mentioning that about being sure the headband is fully clicked into the goggles. I had exactly the same problem with battery charging and this fixed it!
2021-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules