SPARK and PIX4D for Survey
7259 10 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sage12
lvl.1

Vietnam

Hello,

I asked to the Pix4D support team why I could'nt access to advanced missions on the Spark (which I use on P3S for 3D Mapping) and got this answer :

-The DJI Spark is only available for free flight missions because the GPS of the drone does not write the seconds in the images EXIF file. As soon as this is fixed on DJI's side, we will implement the other flight mission in Pix4Dcapture.

To the DJI Admins : Do you have more informations about an upcomign fix for this situation ? This could be great for an advanced use or this tiny bird.

For those who don't know Photogrammetry, here's some samples I made with a P3S.
Beaulme la Roche
Château de Malain, France

Regards,
2018-7-9
Use props
Deftig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105016 ft
Germany

3D Mapping and Orthomosaic is possible without Pix4D.
This tiny 3D "way" is captured with a Spark and DJI Go 4
A Orthomosaic ist linkedhere
I did it for fun, nothing professional, i just wanted to see if its possible with spark
2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deftig Posted at 2018-7-9 08:34
This tiny 3D "way" is captured with a Spark and DJI Go 4[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Wow - that's cool
2018-7-9
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

Hello,
If the images have overlap in flight track and cross flight track with EXIF GPS Lat, Lng, Elevation tags you can definitely process and generate maps.
Give it a shot in our free RAPID software: https://dronemapper.com/software_downloads/ .. it supports up to 150 images
Thanks,
JP
2018-7-9
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

How does one do this, at least to play.
2018-7-9
Use props
Deftig
lvl.2
Germany

landude Posted at 2018-7-9 14:51
How does one do this, at least to play.

I flew a grid sized 30x6 meters. All manual, with DJI Go 4 altitude was 7-10 meters. Speed 3-5 Km/h, winds up to 20 km/h. So the grid wasn't very...nice
Spark took a picture every 2 seconds. Gimbal was at about 60°.
In the End i had 550 pics.
I used Agisoft Photoscan Professional to align those photos, make a dense point cloud and a textured mesh.
Settings were "low" because my PC is Potato for that Software (7700k, 16Gigs Ram and a GTX1070).
Took me about 3 hours to compute those things, but its kinda cool to see that a Spark can be used to make "nice" 3D Models (nice means that they are not very suitable for measurements with high accuracy)

2018-7-10
Use props
landude
lvl.3

I find this interesting, I'm guessing you can manually set the spark to snap a pic every two seconds?
Can MS ice stitch the same way?
2018-7-14
Use props
Deftig
lvl.2
Germany

landude Posted at 2018-7-14 04:49
I find this interesting, I'm guessing you can manually set the spark to snap a pic every two seconds?
Can MS ice stitch the same way?

Yes you can set an Interval shot of 2 secs. Spark will take a pic then every 2 seconds
But sorry i dont know what MS ice is
2018-7-14
Use props
landude
lvl.3

It's Microsoft's Image Composite Editor, I use it for the tiny planet stitches.
It's free and pretty cool.
2018-7-14
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Deftig Posted at 2018-7-9 08:34
This tiny 3D "way" is captured with a Spark and DJI Go 4[view_image][view_image][view_image]

wow very nice
2018-7-15
Use props
DjTwilo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70344 ft

DroneMapper Posted at 2018-7-9 13:51
Hello,
If the images have overlap in flight track and cross flight track with EXIF GPS Lat, Lng, Elevation tags you can definitely process and generate maps.
Give it a shot in our free RAPID software: https://dronemapper.com/software_downloads/ .. it supports up to 150 images

Will your app work on with the spark? I really need to figure out how to make maps easier.
2019-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules