Zoom not smooth - need help
2147 5 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

I purchased a osmo pro combo and recently purchase the recommended Olympus 14-42 zoom lens and balance ring.

When I zoom in or zoom out the picture shifts or jerks a little. It just shows this slight shift or wobble every time when zooming.

The lens is working ok and the zoom action/ mechanics of the lens is ok.

Can anyone advise is this a Firmware issue and is there any Fix.

Thank you for your help.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience you're having right now. May I know what firmware version you currently have? Can you also give us a sample video showing the problem?
2018-7-9
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-9 01:51
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience you're having right now. May I know what firmware version you currently have? Can you also give us a sample video showing the problem?

Thank you for responding Wanda, I have the latest firmware version FW_V01.04.00.70
Click here https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgzzp6 ... ENS%20TEST.mp4?dl=0

Note the picture shift or wobble at 2 seconds just after starting to zoom in and again at 7.5 seconds as the recommended lens zooms out.

Hoping you can help.
Best Regards,
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-7-10 15:30
Thank you for responding Wanda, I have the latest firmware version FW_V01.04.00.70
Click here https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgzzp6uhhfp0tos/DJI_ZOOM%20LENS%20TEST.mp4?dl=0

Thank you for the response. Did you try to calibrate the gimbal?
2018-7-11
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-11 01:33
Thank you for the response. Did you try to calibrate the gimbal?

Hi Wanda,
yes I did a full calibration but this did not fix the problem.
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi mpdigiman, no need to send in the device, it is recommended to use Olympus M.Zuiko ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ for still photography only since the zoom process may be shaken for the long focal lengths, especially zooming via the APP. If you would like to take video, please start shooting when the zoom has been finished. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. GTScreenshot_20180713_150452.png

2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules