Will DJI introduce new generation Mavic Air compatible goggles?
983 9 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans85b84e70
lvl.1
Australia

What are the chances DJI and, if so, when?

Given the popularity of the Mavic Air and their obvious lack of real compatability with the currently available goggles (which seem to be a generation older than the Mavic Air) when can we expect to see a new generation goggle that will offer all of the Mavic Air user capabilities, such as the quick shot and tracking options, as well as full useability like proper and reliable head tracking, focus and so on?

2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fingers crossed on that
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate taking time of bringing this query to us. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our engineers for a possible positive outcome. Thank you.
2018-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

DJI seem to have gone down the route of using Ocusync in their Goggles. And given that the newly released P4 Pro V2 incorporates this, that would suggest it's unlikely until the Air supports ocusync.

I wonder if the Air was an intermediate to the expected Mavic Pro 2.
2018-7-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

That would be awesome considering how nice the Re' are.
2018-7-9
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-9 06:01
DJI seem to have gone down the route of using Ocusync in their Goggles. And given that the newly released P4 Pro V2 incorporates this, that would suggest it's unlikely until the Air supports ocusync.

The complaints have absolutely 0 to do with Occusync, though.

The issue is missing Go features in the goggles, messed up/buggy gimbal control etc.
Not the fact the connection is wired.
2018-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

0rcinus Posted at 2018-7-9 06:34
The complaints have absolutely 0 to do with Occusync, though.

The issue is missing Go features in the goggles, messed up/buggy gimbal control etc.

"Will DJI introduce new generation Mavic Air compatible goggles?"

That was the title up for discussion, I see no mention of any complaints.

It may be possible for DJI to implement additional features in the wired connection through firmware changes, as they did with the P4 without a need for new Goggles specifically for the Air.

My point of mentioning Ocusync, and its implementation in the P4 Pro V2 was to suggest it is very unlikely they will develop new Goggles specifically for the Air.
2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-9 06:01

I'd say a major upgrade to the Spark with some unique features that gave the MP a run for it's money. I believe the MA was not introduced as a direct successor to any model in the line up though.
2018-7-9
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-9 08:49
"Will DJI introduce new generation Mavic Air compatible goggles?"

That was the title up for discussion, I see no mention of any complaints.

Gotcha. But there’s also another thing people complain about, and that’s 720p stream when using it wired. Which is likely a hardware limitation, that can’t be resolved with a software update.
2018-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

0rcinus Posted at 2018-7-9 11:05
Gotcha. But there’s also another thing people complain about, and that’s 720p stream when using it wired. Which is likely a hardware limitation, that can’t be resolved with a software update.

I believe that's the limitation of not using ocusync as the transmission medium/protocol, but even with the Mavic Pro designed hand in hand with the Goggles, the 1080P has its limitations, dependant on signal quality, range. And the biggie is that 1080P streaming is not available in goggles when recording in 4k, presumably due to hardware processing requirements in the Mavic Pro itself.

The Goggles support three display modes:-

HD (1080P) range, signal and record mode dependant.
Smooth (720P@60fps) record mode dependant.
Normal (720P@30fps) supports all recording modes.

So for most operations using goggles 720P@30fps is the normal mode. And the big advantage of using the goggles is just to have a clear, easy to see FPV.
And the view is fully immersive, the image completely fills you field of view :-)
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules