Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-7-9
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I'll let you know what I think, when DJI releases information.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate your interest in our upcoming new aircraft but this is not yet official. Please stand by for this will be cascaded thru the website and our official DJI YouTube channel. Thank you.
2018-7-9
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Like what a lot?  Given DJI have released absolutely nothing about the drone or the (cancelled) press conference and no images or specs what exactly DO you like?
2018-7-9
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Anybody wondering why it's called Mavic 2 not Mavic Pro 2?
Is this means that this is the strip down version of this next generation Mavic?
2018-7-9
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there even official press about the event being canceled or just dronedj saying?
2018-7-9
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

I'm hoping it will come soon !
2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks like a proper upgrade.
2018-7-9
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2018-7-9 08:55
Is this means that this is the strip down version of this next generation Mavic?

How do you know its called Mavic Pro 2?

DJI havent even announced a new drone yet alone a new specific drone.

From all the details out there they could be releasing a new microwave called Kevin.
2018-7-9
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder how many times this picture has been posted on these forums the last couple of days?
2018-7-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

First see the specs and real users test it.
2018-7-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-7-9 09:27
That looks like a proper upgrade.

I thought the current Mavic Pro form factor essentially would remain if DJI was going to release the Mavic Pro II, and this picture seems like an accurate good indication.

2018-7-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-7-9 11:25
I thought the current Mavic Pro form factor essentially would remain if DJI was going to release the Mavic Pro II, and this picture seems like an accurate good indication.

It looks like you were right mate.
2018-7-9
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-9 09:38

I'm referring  to the tag on the image on the original post.......didn't you see it?
2018-7-9
Use props
Maveriksam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417500 ft
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-7-9 09:38

I've already got a microwave called Kevin, I don't need another.
2018-7-9
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2018-7-9 08:55

The naming scheme does make some sense, you don't have a Phantom Pro 4 either.
But it could indeed lead in the way for an ever more sophisticated drone above the one shown. Like a Mavic 2 Advanced or Pro.

Looking at the European market from halfway next year, the Phantom line is not going to be attractive anymore as a consumer line and it could very well be that they want the Mavic line to have more iterations like you now have with the Phantom line. It would explain the 2 different camera sizes lying on the table.
Or maybe they'll just still have to print 'Pro' on the one shown in the picture, who knows ;)
2018-7-9
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-9 08:34
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate your interest in our upcoming new aircraft but this is not yet official. Please stand by for this will be cascaded thru the website and our official DJI YouTube channel. Thank you.

DJI Gamora,
Can you hop over to the section about the new Mavic firmware updates? A lot of questions / concerns about what it all means. https://forum.dji.com/thread-155602-1-1.html
2018-7-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

We will likely see DJI incorporate a detachable gimbal design, which is controlled atop battery powered sticks making such an offering in a Mavic Pro 2 Fly More Combo? This is pure speculation, but we could see a package that includes a Mavic Pro 2 with detachable gimbal camera, several additional batteries, included carrying case, charger, plus an incorporated battery powered stick to control the gimbal, for a handsome price increase from the current Mavic Pro Fly More Combo? It could be presumptuous thinking, but could we see the numbers 5/35 - meaning 5 mile range with 35 minute flight time? If a detachable gimbal design with included small battery powered selfie stick is presented, I don't think 5/35 will be offered. The market has already meantioned the number 32 for flight time, but no included range estimations have been discussed? There is soft language by the FAA for proconsumer drones to fly up to 4.3 mile range limit, but it would be nice to see added range if there's flight time due to an incorporated extended battery llife?  
2018-7-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-7-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-7-9
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-7-9
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alessandro Garabaghi Posted at 2018-7-9 09:01
Is there even official press about the event being canceled or just dronedj saying?

Not seen anything directly from DJI
2018-7-10
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2018-7-9 11:55
I'm referring  to the tag on the image on the original post.......didn't you see it?

So a name made up by someone that just guessed.  So you don't know.

DJI announced a press conference for *something*.  They didn't specify what.  It could be a mavic, or a phantom, or an inspire, or an osmo or a microwave.  Nobody knows.
There is absolutely nothing out there about the existence of a new drone other than people making stuff up.
Every press conference since mavic 1 have had people going "Oh its mavic 2" and it never was.
A few photoshopped images with a caption and some crayon drawings from a guy who's been proven wrong every time mean nothing.
2018-7-10
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 2018-7-9 23:55
Obviosuly if I have to explain it to you, you will not understand... Fortunately around 65% of the participants on this pole have a more advanced perception ;)

To put it simple: when you see a photo of a Ferrari (it is an Italian fast car, usually red) do you need to know the specs to like it?

Would it not at least help to know if its a real car or not?

If someone photoshops a photo of a cool looking car and scribbles "ferrari" on it in crayon but Ferrari haven't announced any new car, or they're working on any new car would you believe it, like it and just invent specs based on that?
Because that's what people are doing here.
2018-7-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There’s to many rumours about this, from the picture it definitely looks like the old Mavic a bit beefier. The big thing for me will be the specs, if it has all that has been rumored then it will probably be the best prosumer drone out there, so hopefully, and while this will be what most will be interested in, me included. Part of me hopes this is an early prototype and the finished look will be , let’s say prettier to look at.
I love the rumors of a RC rough terrain dolly and hope that’s what second camera gimbal is for, I can see great value in this.
I don’t think dji will stoop so low as to try copy a failed experiment by go pro, for a handheld gimbal . Removable cameras great, cost will be a real factor here.

The fact that launch was postponed, I believe dji will now be faced with having to impress all of us hugely on this one. Exciting times, don’t mind waiting, nothing better out ther for me.
2018-7-10
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-10 04:08
There’s to many rumours about this, from the picture it definitely looks like the old Mavic a bit beefier. The big thing for me will be the specs, if it has all that has been rumored then it will probably be the best prosumer drone out there, so hopefully, and while this will be what most will be interested in, me included. Part of me hopes this is an early prototype and the finished look will be , let’s say prettier to look at.
I love the rumors of a RC rough terrain dolly and hope that’s what second camera gimbal is for, I can see great value in this.
I don’t think dji will stoop so low as to try copy a failed experiment by go pro, for a handheld gimbal . Removable cameras great, cost will be a real factor here.

I fully agree and the more I think about the "leaked picture", the more I have the feeling that it does not show the device we are going to see on the launch day. Can be wishful thinking of course, but we shall see.
2018-7-10
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-10 04:08

Let me temper a bit of the rumors about that RC dolly, that will not be ridable across anything that could be remotely considered as terrain. It's not just the ground clearance that would cause problems, but that wheel in the picture is not designed to go over terrain but to make movement in all directions possible, anything higher or less smooth than a high pile carpet will probably stop it from moving in the direction you steer it.
2018-7-10
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

2018-7-10
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

My thinking is if and when they do release the new Mavic it will start off called the Mavic 2 then for the more advanced version Mavic 2 Pro and perhaps Mavic 2 Advanced or Mavic 2 Platinum as this naming scheme makes more sense and puts more inline of their existing naming of the Phantom series.  
2018-7-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-10 12:21
My thinking is if and when they do release the new Mavic it will start off called the Mavic 2 then for the more advanced version Mavic 2 Pro and perhaps Mavic 2 Advanced or Mavic 2 Platinum as this naming scheme makes more sense and puts more inline of their existing naming of the Phantom series.

Mavic 2 Pro Platinum Deluxe Limited Edition...
2018-7-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules