Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iOS 11.4.1 + USB Restriction with OTG
1107 4 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Hi all iOS-using pilots,

Was wondeirng if anyone has been able to update to this new iOS release, that now features the previously-announced USB Restricted mode.

Does this new iOS build offer any improvement to the operation of the GO 4 app, and how does it behave when you connect the RC to the iOS device via OTG cable?

Weather here isn't good for flying right now, so won't be able to test myself

Cheers
2018-7-9
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I still have not available here in Brazil (iPhone 8 Plus) but it seems there is a way for you to disable the function in the privacy area. I also read anything that it only locks up after 1hr without unlocking the phone.

iphone lock.JPG

2018-7-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Yes, that was covered in their release notes today, but like we've seen before, sometimes some devices react differently to these new security measures, so was wondering if this would be such a case...
2018-7-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

For those who haven't heard of USB Restriction Mode: it works like this: after an hour of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch sitting without being unlocked, iOS will basically cut off the Lightning port and limit it to charging only. This hour timeout should theoretically stop devices like GrayKey (which plugs into an iPhone and cracks the passcode within a few hours) from working successfully.

Purpose is to keep Big Brother from hacking into your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.  Making Big Brother abide by 5th Amendment - nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against  himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due  process of law;

2018-7-22
Use props
Mittens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1906 ft

Well I approve of the need for that.  and flights are not longer then 20 min so should be fine?  will test shortly
2018-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules