Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bare bones app
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Is it possible to have a bare bones version of dji app without all the frills added on?Alot of my flying has nothing to do with taking fancy photos or videos.
In fact most of the time it just sits there and hovers.
What would be great is to have a basic app that i can use with older devices i know older devices can work with my drone because they worked in the past but now no longer function due to app upgrades.
Ive gone through 3 devices now all at my own cost due to dji app upgrades.
All i need my drone to do is hover and monitor a situation and screen share the drone image to a command centre.
If we had a no frills app that works on the older devices would be great.
2018-7-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

With DJI, it's whole hog or nuthin.
2018-7-9
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-9 16:10

Is there a different app that works with older or should i say unsupported devices?
2018-7-9
Use props
Markon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1296585 ft
Australia

I agree, Hellsgate, although I have a current generation device, I can see this becoming an issue for me later on.
2018-7-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Bloat the goat...

Fills with frills...

If you buy an OSMO, you’ll be all set. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-7-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-7-9 16:10

Hog you Say? More like a hippopotamus...

RedHotPoker
2018-7-9
Use props
Odan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182913 ft

Too many people don't figure in " the device"   I read many threads on this forum before buying my P-4.
most folks here recommended the iPad air 2 or iPad pro.   I chose the air 2.  Only use it for drone.   I use DJI go app only.   I have never had to use the assistant program because I haven't had to ever roll bacl
my firmware or any other ware.   I have never had to calibrate my vision sensor sys either.  

So getting around my drone is pretty bare bones.   I can't imagine a more bare bones  then the one I use, DJI go + iPad air 2  and the R/C......simple

I've had the iPad air 2 for near 2 years so far and have not needed to upgrade anything.....simple

I can't imagine anything simpler......
2018-7-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why dont you download an older version from somewhere like apkmirror?  more so cause older versions worked before, it would be a good work around for now...
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules