What's the difference between p4 or p4p and mavic pro
1032 7 2018-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luka13579
lvl.2

Serbia

Hi I just noticed that there is no difference between p4 and mavic pro except price and size I'd like to draw DJI's attention on phantom series also I saw the specs from p4p v2 and except the infrared sensors which work only when the drone is in tripod or begginer mode and backward sensors there is no other reasons why would I buy a p4p if I buy mavic pro I would get a smaller drone which is more compact and I would save some money.And then why would I buy p4p ?
I'm impressed with my p4 but DJI need to improve phantom series.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. For additional reference on the comparison of the DJI Phantom 4, DJI Phantom 4 Pro and the DJI Mavic Pro. I will be posting a link where you can compare the Drone and it will show you the specifications of the Drones as well.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
2018-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Check the camera on the P4P and compare it to the Mavic Pro or P4 camera, then come back and explain why the Phantom series has not improved. The P4P V2 is currently DJIs consumer flag ship.

I have a P4 and Mavic Pro, the Mavic can connect wirelessly with Goggles, and can be used with dual controllers which the P4 cannot. The Mavic Pro has additional intelligent flight modes over the P4. The Mavic Pro flies slightly longer than the P4. The Mavic Pro batteries are almost half the price of the P4 batteries. So they are not quite the same.

I would say the P4 camera & gimbal are slightly better than the Mavic Pro, but it's almost negligible.

In terms of functionality the Mavic Pro has the advantage.
2018-7-9
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

images-3.jpg images-2.jpg
I would have to say quite a bit of difference bettween them
2018-7-9
Use props
Luka13579
lvl.2

Serbia

P4p is a little bit better than mavic pro but for 400 dollars you can buy 3 more batteries for mavic I love phantom series but for me there is no" I would buy "that" because of "that""  but when you see mavic which can fold and it is smaller I would say mavic is better.Phantom series needs something like more flying time or 360 angle camera or something else.
DJI is a great company but they need to add some features to phantom series.

2018-7-9
Use props
Luka13579
lvl.2

Serbia

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-7-9 16:42
[view_image][view_image]
I would have to say quite a bit of difference bettween them

I did not think of looking more at the specifications
2018-7-9
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft

Unless you are very serious about areal photography I think you would do well with the P-4.    I still haven't learned all the things that can be done with this old workhorse.
If you need more then the P-4 can deliver then you already know a ton about photography and might do better with the larger format. But if you are just starting out I think a Phantom-4

will be enough to handle.   P-4 is heavier but that also makes it very stable in higher breezes.   You can buy a rehab P-4 and get a ton of use and learning out of it.  Then move on to something

with more bling....   

The real question is just how much do you need.  Do you want a cool tool or just status.   

buy the drone that fits your needs.  I find that being able to use an iPad air 2 for a screen gives me the best view of my subject.   You really need to see what you are shooting.

P-4 fly's longer as well.

Just my thoughts on camera size etc..

have fun with this choice.
2018-7-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Luka13579 Posted at 2018-7-9 17:05
P4p is a little bit better than mavic pro but for 400 dollars you can buy 3 more batteries for mavic I love phantom series but for me there is no" I would buy "that" because of "that""  but when you see mavic which can fold and it is smaller I would say mavic is better.Phantom series needs something like more flying time or 360 angle camera or something else.

I would say mavic is better. ...

DJI gave the P4 pro a feature that's a huge improvement over the Mavic.

Having a camera with a sensor that's 4 times larger with an iris diaphragm is a huge improvement on the camera that the Mavic carries.
If you are a photographer, the P4 pro is much better than the Mavic.
If portability is important to you, you might appreciate the Mavic more.
2018-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules