Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Mavic Pro] Poor RC/AC Signal [CAS-1993223-B8V0Y2]
1037 13 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

CAS-1993223-B8V0Y2 submitted on 7/11/2018 for Warranty replacement or repair.
The Warranty Policy and Terms can be found here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy *

* I post this information only to help other users on this forum should they have an equal or similar problem.
DJI support and warranty processing will determine during analysis (blackbox and inspection) if your drone is within the warranty policy.

===============================================================================================
I have had this Mavic Pro for quite a while and have had an issue that plagues me every flight. I just can't seem to go past .5 mi / .8 km out in any of my flights before I start getting signal loss / drops.  Now I know I have some tree clutter but is the Ocusync really not able to cut that well through a few small trees? Keep in mind that during most flights and the further I go out I increase my altitude to up to 380' (max) ... never can I get past .5 mi / .8 km. I have been stuck flying the same route for the past year and getting bored... I need to explore and go further out and I JUST DONT HAVE THE POWER AND I AM GIVING HER ALL SHE'S GOT CAPTAIN! (see what I did there?)

Someone please help me to solve this! Is this a defective RC or is this normal? I know in a wide open space I should be able to go 3 miles but that's just not the case... I have ground clutter, but I expected to at least be able to go out a mile or two... just not possible. I am attaching some images of my flight route and home point.. there are trees but I am aware of the AC position and walk to the other side of the trees.. no improvement. I can go a little further out the other direction but nothing to write home about. I am really not impressed with the advertised distance vs. the actual. (3 mi vs. .5 mi)

Options I have considered:

• Antenna mod... $150 usd. (I feel like I should not have to modify my RC!??!)
  • Climbing on my roof to see if that helps. (VERY HOT and a little dangerous)
  • Build a watch tower to fly from. (a bit rediculous)

None of them seem sensible... need some help.

flight-path.JPG
home-point.JPG

Desired flight path - Blue Circle is power limit

Desired flight path - Blue Circle is power limit
2018-7-10
Use props
sica
lvl.4
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

The trees would not be a problem for the signal (problems would generate walls / iron / a telephone antenna / a hill ... etc) What you got is a signal strength problem (of amplitude). Your RC does not emit strong signal or Mavic has the problem with the receiving antenna in the left arm under the engine. From many folds of the arm, this antenna cable can be interrupted. or ... I recommend checking with the DJI lab
2018-7-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Watch the video below. I was getting terrible range and after this the range was incredible, I use this as well on the Phantom which was cutting off at 500 meters now 4 km is nothing
2018-7-10
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sica Posted at 2018-7-10 07:45
The trees would not be a problem for the signal (problems would generate walls / iron / a telephone antenna / a hill ... etc) What you got is a signal strength problem (of amplitude). Your RC does not emit strong signal or Mavic has the problem with the receiving antenna in the left arm under the engine. From many folds of the arm, this antenna cable can be interrupted. or ... I recommend checking with the DJI lab

Drone is very well cared for... never crashed or abused. Thanks for the suggestion but I think this would even affect close range signal if the wire was the issue. I am more for a watt / fw issue than anything else. If I stay within .5 mi. I never drop or lose any connections. Other than this issue the drone has been amazing.

NEEDS MORE POWER CAPTAIN! haha
2018-7-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-7-10 17:41
So after about an hour of screwing around it appears Apple has blocked the old method of being able to get the older apps.. so I lost this battle. I would have to downgrade to a super old version of the software and that is not really desirable with.  I am also finding that the latest DJI version 0400 of the FW has also blocked the ability to change the settings.. appears DJI is not allowing customers to have full control of their product.  I would really like to increase my watts so I can get the 7 KM that is advertised.
What does DJI say to this?!?!? You advertise 7 KM but yet reduce us to 0.1 W in the USA... how on earth are we going to get 7 KM from a TENTH of a watt?How about you give me a check box I click and take repsonsibility for my own transmitter power?!?!? heh?

Roll back to 0300 it works and I have an older version of Itunes on my Laptop that I use for adding the config file.
2018-7-10
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I dont know why but you seem very upset over this. Maybe thats why no one wants to reply to this thread. Plenty of people here fly for more than a mile without any issues. A friend of mine even flies his Mavic Pro from his bedroom while laying on his bed (dont do that, thats wrong and illegal), but it goes to show that the Ocusync is more than capable of going through a few trees. Are you flying in an open area away from transmission lines, cell towers or wifi access points? Have you tried turning of the wifi on your mobile when flying? Im even afraid of asking cus you might reply with "go spit in your hand and slap yourself in the face"
2018-7-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-7-10 19:44
I found an app called itools4 .. and also found a reliable ipa source. What version of GO do I need to use?
I have 4.1.12 and also 4.1.18.

I use the config file shown in the video as that works, Also my app version is 4.1.12 and I have not upgraded that as yet. Yes that ITunes version will work, anything below the 13.xx works with side loading files
2018-7-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-7-10 21:06
That's what I did also. I can also confirm that the latest DJI app seems to be working with the mod... I will test tomorrow and confirm. Thanks for all your help! If this works I owe you a beer.

You Welcome, let me know about the app so I can try as well.
2018-7-10
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sica Posted at 2018-7-10 07:45

Best answer and I want to give you credit.
I have been trying to figure this out and discovered that .5 miles is not normal operation.
3 miles in my area. I was just at an RC show and another Mavic pilot flew the same flight path I fly and had full bars where I had none.

Sending in for warranty repairs/replacement. Thank You!
Purchased 8/25/2017 so hopefully still under the 1 year warranty.
Never a crash and has ALWAYS had this problem.
CAS-1993223-B8V0Y2
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Bob, sorry for the late response. Upon checking the case number, the package is on the way to the service center. The local team will take care once the unit arrived. We'll keep an eye on the status as well. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-7-15
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-15 23:04
Hi Bob, sorry for the late response. Upon checking the case number, the package is on the way to the service center. The local team will take care once the unit arrived. We'll keep an eye on the status as well. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.

Do you know how long it typically takes for this process to ship me another unit back?
Tracking shows it was delivered yesterday, however the status is stuck where it has been since I opened the ticket.
Not trying to be impatient but it is what it is and I am what I am.  ;)

2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-7-18 08:43
Do you know how long it typically takes for this process to ship me another unit back?
Tracking shows it was delivered yesterday, however the status is stuck where it has been since I opened the ticket.
Not trying to be impatient but it is what it is and I am what I am.  ;)

It takes some time to update in our system, the local team will take care of this, no worries.
2018-7-19
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just sharing progress and showing the time scale.

In the 11th month of use I realized that my Mavic Pro had a range / transmission problem and after sending it in and being analyzed; DJI is replacing it free of charge with a new or like new unit.
Warranty was for the AC and RC replacement and would have cost me $549 USD had I waited any longer.

Thanks DJI!

Case No:        CAS-1993223-B8V0Y2
DJI Care Balance:        
Quote Date:        07-20-18
Remarks:        WARRANTY
Dear Customer, This product will be covered under warranty. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy). - DJI North America:

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(USD)        Total Price(USD)
Core Board        1        288.00        288.00
Remote Controller Main Controller Board        1        131.00        131.00
Repair Service Fee        2        65.00/H        130.00
Freight:                        0.00
Total Amount:                        549.00
DJI Care deduction:                        0.00
Total Payment:                        0.00

2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-7-21 04:50
Just sharing progress and showing the time scale.

In the 11th month of use I realized that my Mavic Pro had a range / transmission problem and after sending it in and being analyzed; DJI is replacing it free of charge with a new or like new unit.

Thanks for your update, glad to know everything is turning out to be great, hope you will get the drone back soon.
2018-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules