Controller update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
struthersfarms
New
United States

I just got my Phantom 3 Advanced out of the box.  It said I needed to update everything.  I went through the controller update and said successful.  Now the controller will not connect to the P3.  I have done the hard reset on the controller and the pushed the link button with no luck.  I reloaded the app and it will now not go into camera mode since it is not linked.  HELP!!
2018-7-10
Use props
struthersfarms
New
United States

FYI I flew the P3 yesterday before the update...  
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. May I know the mobile device that you are using on your DJI Phantom 3 Advance?
2018-7-10
Use props
struthersfarms
New
United States

Hello???  What can I do to return the controller to the original and then I won't update anything and be able to fly the P3???
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

struthersfarms Posted at 2018-7-10 13:19
Hello???  What can I do to return the controller to the original and then I won't update anything and be able to fly the P3???

To reset the remote controller to its default settings all you need to do is to press the C1, C2 and shutter button on the remote at the same time do not release then turn off the remote con with your left thumb. Still holding those buttons turn on the remote controller. Then release everything.  After these process, your remote controller will be reset.
2018-7-10
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

What Stephen say might reset your controller but not downgrade the firmware on it.
May i suggest you use some time reading the manual before urge out and fly your Phantom away!
I am not familiar with the P3 series but my guess is that the manual will tell you need to download some firmware and upgrade using your SD card or similar.

With all this said, you might have done all right, there seem to be a lot of reports like this at the moment. If nothing else help, try to get one of the previous versions of the App installed.
2018-7-11
Use props
Al S. Alice's Handler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft

Did you update the aircraft too? You mentioned the controller but didn't say you did the aircraft. That would explain what you're describing.
2018-7-11
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

You need to do a proper relink of the RC to AC ... see manual or Youtube for the tutorial vids.

The FW on controller does not have to exactly match the FW on AC in fact ... this was proven to me by DJI Service when I took my P3P for repair. First thing Service guy did was DOWNGRADE the Controller from 1.9 to 1.6 ... even though AC was on 1.11 FW.
I was shocked and asked him why ... he answered because 1.6 is a better RC FW than 1.9 and it will work anyway !!

Later when I got it back and after a few weeks - let it update to 1.9 ... and no trouble.

Nigel
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules