Video and Picture storage
719 6 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

Seems when I take videos or pictures cant always find where they went, sometimes I can find them on my mini other times I have to keep everything turned on to view them.

Is there a setting somewhere I can set so when I record video or take pictures it goes directly on my IPAD mini?

This may stop the warning that my devise is full when its no where full. (There must be a hard drive on the Mavic and the card)

Thanks in advance for the help

2018-7-10
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

If you have MA photo and video can store in the aircraft internal storage or SD card inserted. For MP it only use SD in the aircraft.
2018-7-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

If your shooting in Raw, you won't be able to view them as iPad can't display it.
2018-7-10
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Everything will be on the SD card in the drone, so why not just look there?
Copies of stills and video on the viewing device is a nuisance, unless you lose your drone, so they can be switched off if you research for your device.

My routine is:- Copy SD card to 4GB external hard drive when I return home. I rename and date the file, for example, Fort Tourgis 11-7-2018 This is the master store.
From there, I copy the shots I need to the computer in a suitably named file and edit. 4K video will seldom run smoothly from peripheral storage.
There is a backup store as well. Once its gone, its gone!
2018-7-10
Use props
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

Thanks guys Ill just extract the files from the SD card when I get home then delete files on card. I do have a 64G card so plenty of room. Only thing is if I want to use the editor from DJI I will need to keep the files on the SD card or can I save them to my mini and open DJI go and still use editor?
2018-7-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They auto save in editor as long as you have the video cache engaged within the app
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As 6# mentioned, the video will be cached as long as the option of Cache During Video Shooting is enabled. You can also connect with the drone to download the original from the aircraft.
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules