Southern California Beaches Question
1687 6 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MichaelCifranic
New

Hey, friends! I want to take a long video over a beach following down the water line. I want to use it as a slow motion background for my website I'm working on. Where in Southern California would be the best place to capture this without breaking any laws?
2018-7-10
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Check this:
https://app.airmap.io/geo?33.482358,-118.510304,8.457088z

If you zoom further out the restriction zones are gone.
So you'll have to move up the coast at this zoom level.
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. I will be posting an official DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav ). This will be a reference or a guide on restricted zones and how to unlock them.
2018-7-10
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

To be safe I would call the City of the area you are planning to fly and make sure they don't have newly passed laws about drone flying. You will find some amazing beaches to fly over down there.
2018-7-10
Use props
pumping concrete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190210 ft

Be carefull were you are droning,down in San Diego beach area and dare not fly in La Jolla area. Stay away from piers as for the people fishing will pull there lines up and start fishing for your drone. No jokeseen it happen a dozen times and they usually end up hooking the drone. Local law enforcment will be on both sides no crime no punishment. Basically be respectful of others, when a drone is up at the beach people think you are filming them we all know that is not the case.i would say Sunset cliffs area you would beable to get some nice footage. Like someone stated check local laws for drones. Good luck drone on.
2018-7-13
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

I recently flew at Will Rogers State Park along PCH in Pacific Palisades/LA County. There is a gap as the map below shows.
No issues - but constantly low flying helicopters - coast guard, tour helis...
Better stay low!

2018-7-13
Use props
MichaelCifranic
New

So what is the difference between the dark orange circles and the light orange circles in AirMap?

Thanks!
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules