Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Very bad video transmission Phantom 4 Pro
4540 15 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Ever since the DJI GO got updated too my language(spanish) it is impossible to fly with the app because the video transmission is too weak. It freezes constantly. On 2.4 Gh very few bars are green(very short) and most are red. On 5.8Gh all the bars are high and red. Which ever I select I cannot make it work. Thanks of Litchi. It is really saving my paid jobs. How on earth can DJI be so unreliable with their software? I am running it with a LG V20. Latest firmware and DJI Go app version. I would roll back if I knew how. A total disaster. I might jump to an Ipad mini Pro because I am fed up with all the issues that the android app has. Hope that the IOS version will be better
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, we apologize for the inconvenience this have brought you. We are still improving our application with every updates. For the issue on image transmission please try the following:

1. Both the aircraft and remote should be on the same firmware.
2. Check if the remote controller’s antennas are positioned towards the aircraft.
3. Check for status of the channel in use.
4. Try to switch to a frequency band with less interference.
5. Try to use it in an open area free of interference.
6. Restart the aircraft and try again.
7. If available, test again with another normally functioning remote controller following the preceding steps. If no error occurs, the original remote controller is malfunctioning.
Please send it to our repair facility by clicking the link: Online Repair Request
8. If the issue persists, please send in the product for repair. By clicking the link above
2018-7-10
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

1. Both the aircraft and remote should be on the same firmware. They are. Latest firmware on drone controller and last DJI Go version
2. Check if the remote controller’s antennas are positioned towards the aircraft.  The issue is the same regardless of antenna position
3. Check for status of the channel in use.  5.8Ghz does not work at all (first they are all red and then they dissapear. 2.4Ghz is poor A few green but low bars
4. Try to switch to a frequency band with less interference.  I try to switch all the time...still bad video quality.
5. Try to use it in an open area free of interference.  Is where I use my phantom 4 Pro
6. Restart the aircraft and try again.  I tried with no improvement
7. If available, test again with another normally functioning remote controller following the preceding steps. If no error occurs, the original remote controller is malfunctioning. Unfortunately I don't have another controller available to test. I tried with a different phone and same bad results May be it is the remote but on Litchi app I get perfect signal at 2.4 and 5.8
Please send it to our repair facility by clicking the link: Online Repair Request
8. If the issue persists, please send in the product for repair. By clicking the link above. I have a few days ahead where I need the drone to film but I might try that later on
2018-7-10
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

The weird thing is that it happens on two different android phones so I would think that the controller or drone might be faulty but the fact that both channels work perfectly with Litchi makes this proposition not very likely. If it was the controller in would not work on Litchi either.
2018-7-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mastix Posted at 2018-7-10 15:07
The weird thing is that it happens on two different android phones so I would think that the controller or drone might be faulty but the fact that both channels work perfectly with Litchi makes this proposition not very likely. If it was the controller in would not work on Litchi either.

Your logic is not sound, if you think through it, it is telling you that the DJI Go4 App is the issue. You need az more powerful phone or tablet to run it.
2018-7-10
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

That seems to be a weird manifestation of an app/platform issue.  Litchi does work fine so in my mind the hardware is functioning.  Really points to the app (i.e. DJI Go4)   Haven't there been other complaints about that?
2018-7-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Anokadrone Posted at 2018-7-10 16:30
That seems to be a weird manifestation of an app/platform issue.  Litchi does work fine so in my mind the hardware is functioning.  Really points to the app (i.e. DJI Go4)   Haven't there been other complaints about that?

Yes. The DJI Go4 app is getting very resource hungry with every new version that comes out.
2018-7-10
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-10 17:11
Yes. The DJI Go4 app is getting very resource hungry with every new version that comes out.

Could be that the DJI Go is resource hungry. The other phone I tried has lower spec than the LG V20 which is quite powerful and on the recommended list of compatible phones. Somehow I don't think that this is the issue. If I could try an IOS device I could see very quickly if this is a Go issue or that the controller or drone is damaged.
2018-7-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mastix Posted at 2018-7-10 22:13
Could be that the DJI Go is resource hungry. The other phone I tried has lower spec than the LG V20 which is quite powerful and on the recommended list of compatible phones. Somehow I don't think that this is the issue. If I could try an IOS device I could see very quickly if this is a Go issue or that the controller or drone is damaged.

I seriously doubt the aircraft or RC unit has a fault, this issue is reported at least twice a day on this forum.
2018-7-10
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-10 22:31
I seriously doubt the aircraft or RC unit has a fault, this issue is reported at least twice a day on this forum.

I would have to agree.  I use an iPad 4 mini and occasionally see some glitchy (not Litchi ) behavior.  Its not persistent but once in awhile.  
2018-7-11
Use props
Eric13
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15632352 ft
  • >>>

mastix Posted at 2018-7-10 22:13

The thing is:
More sophisticated/new devices are using a more recent Android version.
Problems with Android became bad with Nougat and worse with Oreo.
You can have an older device on Android 6 handling the app better than a new/fast device on Android 8.

Funny thing is:
On the 'recommended' list they are showing devices that are years old and came with Android 5.
Wondering if Android 5 could handle todays Go4 app version ;-)

2018-7-11
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Finally I rolled back to older versions of DJI Go but the problem persist . As I don't have time for a long wait at the DJI repair service in Holland (where repair requests are directed here in Spain through their web repair facilities) I will try to see if the official DJI representative shop/repair in Madrid can handle a quick evaluation and repair if it the Phantom/controller are broken. Will let you know what the problem was once I find out
2018-7-11
Use props
Eric13
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

mastix Posted at 2018-7-11 12:51
Finally I rolled back to older versions of DJI Go but the problem persist . As I don't have time for a long wait at the DJI repair service in Holland (where repair requests are directed here in Spain through their web repair facilities) I will try to see if the official DJI representative shop/repair in Madrid can handle a quick evaluation and repair if it the Phantom/controller are broken. Will let you know what the problem was once I find out

As I understand rolling back to an earlier Go4 version might not do anything unless you roll back your device to an earlier Android version.

[edit: see below, it did help me!]

2018-7-11
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Oh. I didn't know that :-( That is really unfortunate. So then software might still be responsible for this. Let's see what the DJI technicians can figure out....
2018-7-11
Use props
Eric13
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

mastix Posted at 2018-7-11 13:41
Oh. I didn't know that :-( That is really unfortunate. So then software might still be responsible for this. Let's see what the DJI technicians can figure out....

Actually - rolling back to a previous Go4 version did help me with my Samsung Tab S3 which is on Android 8.
I used the 4.2.12 version from April. I remember that with the update in May I started having issues.
My Tab S3 is almost back to normal. I might not go back to 7 on it.

You can download all versions here:
https://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=dji-go-4
2018-7-14
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
  • >>>
Spain

Eric13 Posted at 7-14 13:20
Actually - rolling back to a previous Go4 version did help me with my Samsung Tab S3 which is on Android 8.
I used the 4.2.12 version from April. I remember that with the update in May I started having issues.
My Tab S3 is almost back to normal. I might not go back to 7 on it.

Finally it was solved. I sent the drone + controller to DJI. They changed the controller and problem was solved. Great range again and no cuts .
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules