Choppy Video Feed
1180 8 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterHammond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10190 ft
United Kingdom

hello, I have seen this post many times but have not found a conclusive answer so I'm posting here for help as there must be a solution by now, ISNT THERE?

My IPad mini 4 display is very choppy and sometimes it's so bad that three or four seconds could be missing from the video feed which makes panning on moving subjects impossible.  There are no other apps on the device and I run it in aircraft mode to ensure nothing interferes with its operation.

My firmware for Inspire 1 pro, X5 and controller is completely up to date as is my IPad mini 4, I'm also using a top of he range memory card, the video that's been recorded is fine it's just the feed to the iPad that's choppy.  I'm sure DJI must have a solution to his problems as it seemed so common in other threads.  Please Help otherwise my Inspire is useless.

Please don't use this is as an excuse but I'm flying in an area in Cumbria that is surrounded by old subteranian iron ore mines, is it possible this could affect the feed ?

Any comments would be useful as I'm very frustrated, I'm thinking about upgrading to crystal sky but I've also heard similar comments to my issue so I just don't know where to turn.
2018-7-10
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm becoming very suspicious with this issue as there are too many people having video feed issues, are DJI doing something with their firmware to slow the feed down,  Kinda reminds me of apple
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the app? If yes, can you try to use a different mobile device to isolate the issue? Can you also provide the current version of your app?
2018-7-11
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have downloaded the app today from the App Store so it's the latest version, I will try aoter deive and let you know.. the Inspire has just come back from repIr for a minor crash that damaged the gimbal and this is the first time I've managed to try it out.

After reinstLling the app and checking the configuration the gimbal slewed to the left and started making a regular noise like its updating.  The app showed several errors in the gimbal to main board connection, however after switcing off and on again the error has not as yet reocured, however I've not had time to fully test it, obviously this is worrying.  I will  you know when I manage to test further, sounds like there may be a problem with the quality of the repair.

Regards
Peter
2018-7-11
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

UPDATE

I found the choppy video feed was down to a defective apple lightning cable which was brand new so that part of my problem is solved, I discovered this by using my wife iPhone 7 and her cable so Im happy the video feed is no relatively smooth.  Im still concerned about the Gimbal issue previously mention, it hasn't happened again however when I changed batteries last night after a test flight (controller and app still left running) I couldn't get a video feed to the monitor, I had to switch off and on the craft twice before the feed would come back, your comments on this would be appreciated.  I will also do further tests by mounting the X5 on my spare drone which is an I1 V2 to see if the problem occurs on a different craft.

Im vey reluctant to loos the craft to repair again as its already been fully repaired in the last few weeks by your repairs centre, INVOICE NUMBER  CAS-1869457-V1L7J3  and its also only a few months old, however there is nothing worse than a random problem as it obviously doesn't inspire confidence in the product and detracts from any pleasures in using the craft.

Also I assume if I'm using TES5ING THE X5 ON MY I1 V2 with the X5 attached it would be selected as an inspire 1 pro when starting the DJI GO app is this correct?

Thanks
2018-7-12
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>

PeterHammond Posted at 2018-7-12 02:10
UPDATE

I found the choppy video feed was down to a defective apple lightning cable which was brand new so that part of my problem is solved, I discovered this by using my wife iPhone 7 and her cable so Im happy the video feed is no relatively smooth.  Im still concerned about the Gimbal issue previously mention, it hasn't happened again however when I changed batteries last night after a test flight (controller and app still left running) I couldn't get a video feed to the monitor, I had to switch off and on the craft twice before the feed would come back, your comments on this would be appreciated.  I will also do further tests by mounting the X5 on my spare drone which is an I1 V2 to see if the problem occurs on a different craft.

Inspire 1 Pro is what you have, so yes that is what you choose
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

PeterHammond Posted at 2018-7-12 02:10
UPDATE

I found the choppy video feed was down to a defective apple lightning cable which was brand new so that part of my problem is solved, I discovered this by using my wife iPhone 7 and her cable so Im happy the video feed is no relatively smooth.  Im still concerned about the Gimbal issue previously mention, it hasn't happened again however when I changed batteries last night after a test flight (controller and app still left running) I couldn't get a video feed to the monitor, I had to switch off and on the craft twice before the feed would come back, your comments on this would be appreciated.  I will also do further tests by mounting the X5 on my spare drone which is an I1 V2 to see if the problem occurs on a different craft.

Do you have a screenshot about the problem you have on the screen when you tried to use a different battery? Also, since you mentioned that it's an Inspire 1 v2, you should select Inspire 1.
2018-7-12
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sorry I don't have a screen shot, if the problem occurs again I will do a screen shot, I do recollect it said something like 'failed to communicate with aircraft'.  I assume when changing batteries there is no need to switch the controller and app off.  The other problem with the gimbal skewing 90 Degrees to the left and  persistently making a noise every second or so reported 'gimbal to motherboard failure' or something like similar.

Please not the gimbal was repaired by you recently and had all new cables installed so this shouldn't occur unless one didn't get seated perfectly which may explain this random and worrying proble, I'll leave that to you to decide as the Inspire Pro still has 3/4 of its warranty left.

When/if he problem reoccurs I will ensure screen prints are recorded and sent to you.

So just to clarify this further regarding what's entered in the GO app craft selection screen, if my Inspire 1 V2 is fitted with leg extenders and zenmuse X5 from my Inspire pro it's still selected as an Inspire 1 and not as Inspire pro
Thanks
2018-7-12
Use props
PeterHammond
lvl.2
United Kingdom

UPDATE

The lost video feed when changing batteries as far as I can tell is caused by the landing gear (in landing/take off mode) which was raised slightly during the insertion of a new battery, also the same problem occurred yesterday when calibrating the compass with X5 attached, this also must have very slightly raise the landing gear, is there a micro switch somewhere thats getting confusing messages, is this normal.

Im still having problems with choppy video feed with the new lightning cable (not as bad as it was), i'm going to test this further before requesting a warranty repair, at the time I was panning on a moving train and the feed froze for a couple of seconds, end result useless footage with no train in view,  Your response to this would be appreciated as Im having issue3s trusting this system which I might add is only a few months old.
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules