Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InfinityAM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1834429 ft
United Kingdom

Advise and guidance please.
Craft - P4
Monitor - Samsung Tab A.......been with the craft since day 1.

I recently did a full DJI upgrade to both the controller and craft. As a result of this upgrade I now have a very unstable screen where the screen is full of flashes/full black screen/red/yellow/green horizontal bars randomly flashing across the screen to a point where I am having extreme difficult in taking both still photos and video media.

It should be noted that prior to the upgrade, all was working fine. This issue has only arisen since the upgrade.

As a result of these issues and because I undertake camera drone work as a job, I am losing the opportunity to take on work because I can't see the screen as it should be.

Are DJI engineers aware of this issue?
If so, what is the solution?
It needs URGENT attention.

Where do I go from here?

2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi InfinityAM, we apologize for the inconvenience this have brought you. Apparently, we can try to use a different cable or mobile device to connect to your Phantom 4. Please see the list of the compatible devices for Phantom 4:

APP / LIVE VIEW
iOS Version v4.2.12.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.

Android Version v4.2.8.

Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.
2018-7-10
Use props
InfinityAM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Natalia,

Thank you for your response.

I have use a few different cables since the issue has arisen, all producing the same results.

I use Android and always have. Are you saying that my current device (Samsung Tab A) is no longer compatible with the P4?

Are you suggesting I go buy a new tablet from the list of Android devices you have sent?
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

InfinityAM Posted at 2018-7-10 15:18
Natalia,

Thank you for your response.

Every update of firmware is to improve stability and performance of the aircraft, however as new enhancements are added; most older devices are having compatibility issues. What we can try is to downgrade the firmware to temporarily fix the issue or get a new device as stated on my first post. Hope this helps!
2018-7-11
Use props
InfinityAM
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Please can you advise on how to downgrade my tablet.

If this downgrade is successful will it have an impact on how the craft operates.
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules