Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air ocusync possible with firmware
3431 9 2018-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Is is possible thay DJI will release a firmware update that will allow ocusync with the Mavic Air or is it just not possible?
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for inquiring, the connection between the RC and Mavic air is enhanced wi-fi, I'm afraid that we cannot change the connection type, however, we will forward your request to our R&D engineers for consideration.
2018-7-10
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Nope it has to do with the hardware not the software as far as if it is OcuSync or WiFi.  Not possible with the stock MA.  
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kindly let us know if you have another concern, we are happy to help you. Cheers!
2018-7-11
Use props
djiuser_D71Va4g9gwsN
lvl.1

Serbia

Yes, it is possible because the hardware is the same
2018-11-17
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

djiuser_D71Va4g9gwsN Posted at 11-17 05:26
Yes, it is possible because the hardware is the same

No, it’s not possible

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-11-17
Use props
djiuser_BOLhf9QIIf0U
New

Australia

I would definitely be interested in buying a DJI Mavic Air with that for sure. "Advanced" WIFI is useless, a friend has a Spark with standard WIFI that has stronger connection and can fly much MUCH further.

I have an Air and a Pro and considered trying to strip them both down to make 1 good drone.

Size and compatibility is important when everything needs to fit into a the saddle bags of my bike. Air and 7 batteries is more compact then the Pro and 3 batteries.

Perfect drone would be the Air with ocusync, Platinum propellers, a remote that does not charge android devices when connected and possibly 60fps camera.This in my eyes would perfect all of my needs and wants.
2019-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely not possible
2019-7-3
Use props
fansfdd0e630
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97090 ft
United States

This is such a bs cop-out. Ocusync isn't hardware. It's software.  The air is powerful enough computing wise to have ocusync

The p4p got a fw upgrade from basic lightbridge to ocusync 2 .

The mav air is a drone dji made as a money grab imo.  More capable than the pro but factory gimped on purpose and plagued with issues because of only one compass (and the "yaw and flyaway" issues)
2019-8-25
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it's a hardware issue with the Mavic Air since OcuSync also isn't just inside the drone but also the Remote Controller, which the Mavic Air remote currently is WiFi based.
2019-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules