Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android vs ios (tablets) weak video signal / liveview
956 4 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZdeMcXJQrMeG
lvl.1
Denmark

Hello there,

Fairly new to the world of dji drones - I purchased a phantom 4 pro back in january, and have only flown with it on a few occasions.

However I have been experiencing issues with android tablets.

I never thought of compatibility issues with a tablet, so as a starting point I bought a Huawei mediapad T3 with LTE, so as to have google map data on the go with a dedicated dataplan. Not the fastest hardware I know, but should be able to carry out the task. HOWEVER - the liveview when only a short distance (direct line of sight) away is very weak, and it seems that when I start recording, it lags even more - so much that at times it becomes unresponsive and I have to restart the tablet when the drone is in the air!
Also - sporadically it won't allow me to initiate video recording (moving from photo to video recording modes)

Setting up the huawei tablet was a tedious task initially, I had to disable wifi, enable developer options and USB debugging in order to get it to work, so I thought I would try a different tablet. This time a Samsung Tab S3 (newest/fastest android tablet from Samsung AFAIK) and although setup was plug and play, I experienced the exact same issues when in flight, lagging liveview / buggy liveview+recording.

I have experimented with 2,4 vs 5,8ghz range with no effect.

Then I took out my daughters trusty ipad, full of sh**ty apps, and installed the dji go on here - and it was much more stable, both with liveview and recording with liveview, is it so that android is a secondary platform for dji? it bugs me that I have to buy an apple device, when everything else I own is android and should, in theory, be just as stable.

any views/ideas/inputs?

thanks.

regards,
Mads
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Well actually, we also have some Android devices that work fine with Phantom 4 Pro. You can check it here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2018-7-11
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Bolivia

Deleting a formerly compatible device from your list isn't a solution.  I am forced to update my firmware and now my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (formerly compatible) isn't working!!!
2018-7-11
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

eyeg4et1956 Posted at 2018-7-11 03:26
Deleting a formerly compatible device from your list isn't a solution.  I am forced to update my firmware and now my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (formerly compatible) isn't working!!!

Was it the FW from the tab or from the P4 system?
2018-7-13
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

This can not easily be answered because it all depends which current Android version on your devices or on your daughters iOS device is running.
I have the iPad Mini 4, Nvidia K1, Samsung Tab S3 as well as phones Google Nexus 6P and Pixel XL 1st generation.

My observance:
Going on Android from 6.0 to 7.0 was bad, 8.0 is much worse.

I kind of bricked my Tab S3 by updating to 8.0 but got back to almost where it used to be by reverting to an older app version:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-2-12-release/

iOS from 10 to 11 was no advance in terms of the Go4 app either.
Together withsome Go4 update last fall my iPad is not smooth anymore.

My 'theory' is that with more advanced operating systems on Apple/Android devices the Go4 app gets more restricted since its incredibly power hungry. And with each Go4 update that gets worse.

I'm still working on finding the ideal OS either Android/Apple with current or previous Go4 versions.
Then I'll switch the device into flight mode for good.
Nor more connection of that system to this mean world of updates.
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules