DJI Mavic Air Amazon prime day
2652 13 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anishjoshi10
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi guys

Pretty new to this forum, im from the UK and pretty set on getting my first ever drone - planning to get the DJI Mavic Air.

I know Amazon prime day is coming up next week, do we expect this to go on sale in the UK?

Cheapest i've find on amazon is £699.

Thanks in advance

Anish
2018-7-11
Use props
_zine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49521 ft
Australia

I’d wait until after DJI announcement, as the Mavic Air and Pro might drop in price
2018-7-11
Use props
anishjoshi10
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Whens the next announcement?
2018-7-11
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

It was planned on the 18th of July IIRC but then got cancelled. It will be soon enough though.

Either way, I'd not recommend you to buy the drone only, go with the fly more combo because one battery only is no fun to fly with.
2018-7-11
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

My advice to you is, don't get the mavic air instead buy the mavic pro fly more combo. I have owned the both and the mavic air should have been called the “spark air” because it’s more like the spark than the mavic. The ocusyn transmission system that comes with the mavic Pro is far superior to the old wi-fi system that the mavic air uses....
2018-7-11
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you've decided to get the air, I would go ahead and get it from Amazon on Prime Day.  If there are significant deals, they will probably be similar to what the price drop could be for DJI.  Also, The announcement from DJI has been postponed.  It may be in the next month, and it may not.  So the true answer really lies within whether you are in need, or can wait for an undetermined amount of time.  
2018-7-11
Use props
anishjoshi10
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Was looking to get it before my holiday which is mid September, only issue with the Mavic Pro is the size of it compared to the Mavic Air, the Air seems a lot smaller to carry around and less clunky which I will just be using to shoot non professional videos of my holidays etc..

But prices are very similar which is what is confusing me a bit.
2018-7-11
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Don't get fooled, the range with the enhanced Wifi is good enough. You are limited by most of the countries in the world anyway where you can't fly as far as you want. So that pro argument for the Mavic Pro doesn't necessarily count everywhere. I can fly over 1km with my Mavic Air easily in good conditions. That's way more than enough regarding you are only allowed to fly in visual line of sight in most countries.
2018-7-11
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

saviour Posted at 2018-7-11 04:05
Don't get fooled, the range with the enhanced Wifi is good enough. You are limited by most of the countries in the world anyway where you can't fly as far as you want. So that pro argument for the Mavic Pro doesn't necessarily count everywhere. I can fly over 1km with my Mavic Air easily in good conditions. That's way more than enough regarding you are only allowed to fly in visual line of sight in most countries.

Not only that, but the Pro is just flat ugly.  ;-)
2018-7-12
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-7-12 12:15
Not only that, but the Pro is just flat ugly.  ;-)

Agreed. Looks like a crab!!
2018-7-12
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-7-12 12:15
Not only that, but the Pro is just flat ugly.  ;-)

But not as annoyingly loud !! My neighbors call my brother's Air the "flying weedwacker"

MP also looks cooler with a sunset backdrop... like an F14 on the horizon. Also flies better and is far more stable. My brother flew his Air ( I sold him mine) with my MP at Fripp SC beaches. 25 mph winds and the Pro ate it up. Air was getting tossed around trying to maintain GPS. Flew ok in sports mode, but so did my Spark. People there liked the Spark the most. Small, kind of quiet, but they mostly said it was "cute" and "neat" and one said it sounded like a Jetson vehicle.

Beachgoers were really annoyed with his Mavic Air noise. MP went right over many times and they didn't even notice it. Osprey's did though, so we brought them down. lol

I like them all, but the MP design has that military design I like. It's bad-assery as it flies towards you.
2018-7-12
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

The air won't be discounted as part of prime day

https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... day-drone-promotion

the pro is a mature product (old so should be stable) it's plus points are longer flight times and better range at the trade off for size and weight.  The pro discounted will be fantastic value for money but it's probably going to be superseded in a month or two
2018-7-13
Use props
Merced69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

saviour Posted at 2018-7-11 04:05
Don't get fooled, the range with the enhanced Wifi is good enough. You are limited by most of the countries in the world anyway where you can't fly as far as you want. So that pro argument for the Mavic Pro doesn't necessarily count everywhere. I can fly over 1km with my Mavic Air easily in good conditions. That's way more than enough regarding you are only allowed to fly in visual line of sight in most countries.

I agree it depends upon where and how you want to use it.  I got the Mavic Air, due to it being smaller and easier to carry around.  Most times vacation shots are with you in them anyway.  
I find the MA is easy to carry everywhere, and with the fly more combo you get he carry case that will hold everything you need for the MA to travel, and it is smaller than many DSLR bags.
I have got the MA out to over 2.5KM when outside of an urban setting, but WIFI can be spotty in urban areas.
2018-7-13
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

I'm leaning toward the pro because of the Ocusync so In which circumstances is  he ocusyn transmission system that comes with the mavic Pro  superior to the old wi-fi system  or enhanced wifi ? Is it only in distance or is it also less interference in all around flying , less fly aways etc ?
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules