Carrying Case Design Change?
483 5 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kennn
lvl.1

South Korea

I recently bought DJI Osmo mobile carrying case. The case I received was manufactured on June, 2018. I found that the inner shell of the carrying case was a bit different from what I saw on the official DJI store. You can see the difference between them from the photos below.
I think that this change is somewhat disappointing because I have to adjust the length of the arms in order to make my Osmo fit to the case. It means that I would waste time adjusting arms everytime I put Osmo into the case after using it and visa versa. I maybe wrong but it does not need to adjust the arms to put Osmo into the case with the original inner shell design described from the picture of DJI official store.

Is anyone know what happened here?

[Original inner shell design from official DJI store]

Original Design

Original Design

[What I received - 11th of July, 2018]

New Design

New Design

2018-7-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mine is the same as yours.
I don't have to change anything, but my iPhone SE is small.
But I'm not sure if it is what I want.
Feels like big for what it can hold.
And I would like to have some more storage options for cables and charger. There is enough room....
2018-7-11
Use props
Kennn
lvl.1

South Korea

Thanks for the information. There is a little dial in the arm near the phone holder. When you mount your phone, you can adjust the dial to get gimbal balanced. After you mount your phone and when you hold Osmo with no power, it should be balanced.
I think your phone is light weighted, so you do not have to change anything. My phone is galaxy 9 and I had to chane the length of the arm about 5mm longer. It does not fit to the case with the arm's length streched for just 5mm
2018-7-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kennn Posted at 2018-7-11 14:42
Thanks for the information. There is a little dial in the arm near the phone holder. When you mount your phone, you can adjust the dial to get gimbal balanced. After you mount your phone and when you hold Osmo with no power, it should be balanced.
I think your phone is light weighted, so you do not have to change anything. My phone is galaxy 9 and I had to chane the length of the arm about 5mm longer. It does not fit to the case with the arm's length streched for just 5mm

Yes indeed, that is the case (no pun intended).

BTW, if you are replying to someone, just hit the small 'reply' word underneath so the user (me in this case) gets a notification
2018-7-12
Use props
Kennn
lvl.1

South Korea

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-7-12 05:30
Yes indeed, that is the case (no pun intended).

Thx, I got it BTW, I asked the same question to DJI customer care and they say it should be the same as the picture they use. I am so confused..
2018-7-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Kennn Posted at 2018-7-13 04:58
Thx, I got it  BTW, I asked the same question to DJI customer care and they say it should be the same as the picture they use. I am so confused..

Strange.
It does look different from that pic.
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules