Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
App not recognising my spark
2365 17 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yakboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13100 ft

So pulled the spark out at the weekend to take a quick video whilst camping. Drone on, remote on (green light to show it's connected to the drone), open up go4 connect to the rc's wifi, at this point the gofly screen usually changes from the mavic air to the spark and I'm good to go but not this time. The app doesn't seem to recognise the spark even though all seems connected. Any idea's. I have tried a few times in the past few days but no joy.
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, we apologize for the inconvenience. May we know the mobile phone that you are using and the DJI Go 4 App version?
2018-7-11
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.3

Using Samsung Galaxy S7 DJI Go4 version 4.2.20. I've had the drone since last September (although has been back once for some new wifi circuitry), this is the first time this has happened
2018-7-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I suggest you try a older app version for a test.
4.2.12 or 4.1.15
Is your S7 on Oreo already?
2018-7-11
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.3

Have been using this version successfully up to this weekend. I assume oreo is the android version. I am on 8.0.0
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Yakboy Posted at 2018-7-11 10:13
Using Samsung Galaxy S7 DJI Go4 version 4.2.20. I've had the drone since last September (although has been back once for some new wifi circuitry), this is the first time this has happened

You can try to uninstall the application and reinstalling it back. However please SYNC your flight data first before doing the procedure. Hopefully this would clear the error.
2018-7-11
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.3

I'll have a go
2018-7-11
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.3

deleted and reinstalled the app and still the same result. I selected the spark as the device and when entering the device it goes through the step of connecting to the RC, The RC is visible and seems to connect but the app doesn't seem to pick this up so I'm stuck in limbo
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Yakboy Posted at 2018-7-11 11:03
deleted and reinstalled the app and still the same result. I selected the spark as the device and when entering the device it goes through the step of connecting to the RC, The RC is visible and seems to connect but the app doesn't seem to pick this up so I'm stuck in limbo

Have you verified if you are connected to the remote controller's Wifi? The network should say Spark_XXX (series of letters and numbers). Once connected to the wifi open the application and check again.
2018-7-11
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

screenshots please
2018-7-11
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.3

I'm connected to the wifi.
What screenshot's do you require
2018-7-11
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.3

The plot thickens. It's my day off today so thought I'd try a few thinks. Set the drone to fly off the phone(6 second 2 beeps) and no spark  wifi signal is detectable by the phone. Tried to relink to the controller with a 3 second 1 beep press (no luck) and a 9 second 3 beeps then pressed pause, fn , spare button to relink but it's having none of it!! (The RC wifi signal appears on the phone though and the phone connects to it).  Very disappointed as the drone has already been back to DJI once for a new mainboard as it had similar problems a few months back (and I have still had it less than a year)
2018-7-12
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.3

Plugged it into DJI assistant 2 to check firmware and it states it cannot load firmware list (I had this last time too)
2018-7-12
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.3

This just get's weirder. Just looking on my microsd on the drone and there is footage on there from yesterday when I was trying to get the drone to connect to the app of it sitting on the grass in my garden!! What is going on?
2018-7-12
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

screenshot of go4 app at the moment where you are experiencing problems.
2018-7-12
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So had an online chat with DJI who suggested I delete and reload DJI assistant 2 then take the spark back to factory default then reload the firmware. All was done. The spark wi-fi is at least now visible now when I switch it over on a 2 beep press but still the app not recognising the drone. Changed over to RC mode. RC connects to spark no problem and the RC wi-fi connects to phone but app still won't work. Looking at some other posts it seems I'm not alone. Screenshot enclosed
Screenshot_20180714-090407.jpg
2018-7-14
Use props
Yakboy
lvl.3

Well my Samsung just updated to the latest DJI Go4 and the app now recognises the drone and let's me go fly. Not flown yet as want to do all preflight checks I need to , but looks like it was a software issue. Phew
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Yakboy Posted at 2018-7-16 11:51
Well my Samsung just updated to the latest DJI Go4 and the app now recognises the drone and let's me go fly. Not flown yet as want to do all preflight checks I need to , but looks like it was a software issue. Phew

Hi, glad to know that, please keep us updated whenever you need our assistance. Thank you!
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules