Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are the GPS coordinates available on the iPhone camera roll ?
5876 18 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
umlmaster
lvl.1

Spain

Hi,

I want to buy a Osmo Mobile 2, but first I’m trying the DJI GO to be sure that GPS coordinates are available on my iPhone when I take pictures and videos (I need to post pictures on a map).

I did several test only with pictures on several places, and the GPS coordinates are available on the camera roll only in a few tests. In all cases, I took the same picture phot with the iPhone camera and the GPS coordinates are always available.

Am I doing something wrong ? Or maybe to export the meta data like GPS coordinates aren’t supported on the app ?

Regards,

Umel
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we already replied to your concern on this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-138327-1-1.html
2018-7-11
Use props
umlmaster
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-11 13:57
Hi, we already replied to your concern on this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-138327-1-1.html

Tx
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for waiting, I was able to clarify this concern, unfortunately, our DJI GO app does not have a capability of GPS coordinates with the pictures and videos. Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-7-12
Use props
umlmaster
lvl.1

Spain

Thanks for your answer, but I’ve been trying the app the last 24h and in some cases the metada with the GPS coordinates are saved on my camera roll.

Under what conditions are the metadata saved on the camera roll ?
2018-7-12
Use props
umlmaster
lvl.1

Spain

Another possibility that I’m thinking is to use the gimbal without the app, only to stabilize the smartphone with the several modes (block, smooth and free), and taking advantage of the iPhone’s camera.

Will it work ?

Regards,

Umel
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

umlmaster Posted at 2018-7-12 11:04
Another possibility that I’m thinking is to use the gimbal without the app, only to stabilize the smartphone with the several modes (block, smooth and free), and taking advantage of the iPhone’s camera.

Will it work ?

Yes, it's possible to use our unit to stabilize your phone only while using the stock camera of your iPhone, however, you cannot use the features of our Osmo mobile 2 since you're using the stock camera only and regarding with this metadata we may need to confirm it as well with our engineers to provide accurate information. Thank you.
2018-7-12
Use props
umlmaster
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-12 11:54
Yes, it's possible to use our unit to stabilize your phone only while using the stock camera of your iPhone, however, you cannot use the features of our Osmo mobile 2 since you're using the stock camera only and regarding with this metadata we may need to confirm it as well with our engineers to provide accurate information. Thank you.

While we expect the answer of the enginers about GPS, what functions are not available if I’m not using the DJI GO ?
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

umlmaster Posted at 2018-7-12 12:06
While we expect the answer of the enginers about GPS, what functions are not available if I’m not using the DJI GO ?

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. Functions or features that will not be available if not using DJI Go app are some shooting modes like pano, timelapse, tracking and so on. Also, the record button on the gimbal.
2018-7-18
Use props
djiuser_dRec5x10LUax
New
Ireland

Very disappointing. Just got my Osmo Mobile 2 today and as using camera app works just fine for metadata, other features don’t work, without the dji app, such as zoom. Looks like I’ll be returning it
2018-8-15
Use props
jamierytlewski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40459 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-12 09:00
Hi, thank you for waiting, I was able to clarify this concern, unfortunately, our DJI GO app does not have a capability of GPS coordinates with the pictures and videos. Kindly keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.

Is this feature ever going to be added? I don't know of any iOS camera app that doesn't put in the GPS metadata if it uses location. If not, I guess I'm going to return mine. Super sad as having GPS is huge!
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jamierytlewski Posted at 2018-9-4 07:58
Is this feature ever going to be added? I don't know of any iOS camera app that doesn't put in the GPS metadata if it uses location. If not, I guess I'm going to return mine. Super sad as having GPS is huge!

Hi, Sorry for the troubles. We can forward this request to our engineers for us to see if they could possibly add it on our application.
2018-9-9
Use props
djiuser_fSSqldzT5Ct8
New

Australia

So last comment was September 2018. We are now almost may 2019. Has this been resolved? My photos and videos lose their dates and location data when saved to the iPhone
2019-4-25
Use props
djiuser_yFamrGkEGPIR
lvl.1

Ive just bought the new Osmo mobile 3. Using DJI mimo app wont add gps tag to my photo as well on iphone. I have to swithc to stock app. I thhink ill return the gimbal...
2019-9-16
Use props
Nico71
lvl.1

France

Hello,
Same issue on IOS (iPhone X) with Osmo Mobile 3, no GPS location.
No Problem with Android on my Note 10 +, the GPS location run
Why it's OK on Android and Not OK on iOs
Thanks
2019-10-19
Use props
fansbe539bae
New

Germany

Nico71 Posted at 2019-10-19 02:25
Hello,
Same issue on IOS (iPhone X) with Osmo Mobile 3, no GPS location.
No Problem with Android on my Note 10 +, the GPS location run

Hi all,

any update on that topic? I have my om pocket 3  since three days. Now I am thinking about this issue. Most probably I will return it.
best regards
2020-1-5
Use props
Martin Gentile
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-12 09:00

Hello when are you expect to fix this issue? It’s a shame that all the information from the picture like faces and GPS are lost.
Thanks
2020-2-2
Use props
iMarc
lvl.1
France

hi,
do you have update to import metadata from DJI app to Photos in Mac ?
here is "the why" of my question:
in DJI App (Mimo) in my iPhone, geolocalisation is OK; but, if I import all photos from my iPhone to "Photos" (iMac) geolocalisation is not import.
so it's a trouble for me.
do you have solution, please
Best regards

PS: sorry for my poor English please.Geolocalisation is G.P.S. position for each photo or picture takes with DJI Mimo app with Osmo Mobile 3 (the same trouble with the Osmo Mobile 2)
2021-12-24
Use props
djiuser_255G6mqzMNei
New

Russia

2023 is still a problem.  also geodata is not imported normally.
2023-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules