Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Transmission Issues
3274 13 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Y72TTHOyYEqU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35138 ft

Hello DJI world,

I regret to inform you all that i am nearly done my Mavic Pro.  Love that little machine.  Reason: choppy, pixilated and delayed transmissions from the drone to controller.

Its the update, i know.  I take off....the feed pixilates, the connection struggles, the drone comes home, and i spend the rest of the day being down and depressed.

I have a Samsung galaxy s7.  Newest oreo software.  Cables are all in great shape.  Downloaded the newest update and now....pixel city.  

Now, ive heard i can retrograde to a previous update but, i uninstalled the app then reinstalled it already hoping that would help.  It did not.  

Is there a way to salvage this situation?  Anyone else having similar issues?  Please help me dji forum....you're my only hope!

Rob

2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello Rob, we are sorry to hear that you have this experience. Can you please tell me the DJI Go 4 App version that you have?
2018-7-11
Use props
djiuser_Y72TTHOyYEqU
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-11 13:41
Hello Rob, we are sorry to hear that you have this experience. Can you please tell me the DJI Go 4 App version that you have?

Yes dji natalia.....its 4.2.20
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Y72TTHOyYEqU Posted at 2018-7-11 14:14
Yes dji natalia.....its 4.2.20

You can try to downgrade the app by clicking the link:

DJI GO 4 V 4.2.16 https://adhoc-cn.dji.net/show_ap ... o-4-4-2-16-6bmoy7mh

Again we apologize for the inconvenience, this is a work around and our R&D team are now working for a fix. Please let me know if this works.
2018-7-11
Use props
djiuser_Y72TTHOyYEqU
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-11 14:36

DJI GO 4 V 4.2.16 https://adhoc-cn.dji.net/show_app/AndroidApp/n-dji-go-4-4-2-16-6bmoy7mh

YES! .16 worked perfectly. Just like before.  Thank you so much.  Can i pass on this info to the 100s of others that are suffering too?
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Y72TTHOyYEqU Posted at 2018-7-11 15:45
YES! .16 worked perfectly. Just like before.  Thank you so much.  Can i pass on this info to the 100s of others that are suffering too?

Glad that this helps you! Please just share the forum link to others with the same issue.
2018-7-11
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Happy to see DJI hosting this 4.2.16 version for Android users. Hope they can resolve the video issues soon enough.
2018-7-11
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Is great they DJI have finally confirmed this to be an issue and provided a link to 4.2.16 for you Android users.  Hope they have a fix for an updated version soon.  
2018-7-12
Use props
dbparti024
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

What Version of Firmware for the MP? I tried 4.2.14 and 4.2.16  with MP firmware .300 and .200 with minor success .
2018-7-13
Use props
Etoiles31
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44944 ft

Had a big scare with the MA a couple of days back.  I was taking shots of big wall climbing and had increasing lag on the images and on the flight telemetry; just trying to switch from film to photo to film was awful.  Although (I seem to remember) the telemetry was telling me 94% battery it was squawking that it was time to land, so I circled back to the landing site.  At this point the drone had a mind of its own while landing; it took off towards the crowd (one of who was holding the rope of a climber), smacked into a tree, went vertical and thankfully crashed without hurting anyone; only a prop blade; all of that irrespective of the inputs in the RC.
Looking around here and MavicPilots this seems to have originated due to the communications lagging problem noted by so many of you with DJI GO4 v.4.2.20.  Thanks to all your comments and advice I’ve backtracked to v.4.2.12 and done a couple of short test flights; all seems ok.
However I’m not satisfied with the safety of this thing.  An app responding slowly is one thing, but why did the drone go into psychotic mode?  I wonder if this because the battery was depleted although my display didn’t show this.  So I wanted to have a look at the on-board MA flight log (not the android one).  I found this issue https://forum.dji.com/thread-114810-1-1.html and have managed to extract the log but it seems to be encrypted -->  DJI PLEASE ALLOW US TO OPEN THESE FILES SO WE, THE MAVIC PILOTS, CAN ANALYSE THE DATA FROM THEIR AIRCRAFT!
This is a major issue, and it could have been deadly.  We need to know that DJI takes the safety of the public seriously in their drones’ flight laws and the pilots’ apps.  I’m not sure I have the confidence to fly my MA where it can do damage and when DJI hide the possibility that I can analyse the flight log by encryption.  It’s an expensive paper weight…
P.S. accident happened @ HTC10 Android 8 with DJI GO4 v.4.2.20; flight sw v.01.00.0400
2018-7-14
Use props
cyclonite
lvl.1
Australia

Ive had my mavic pro for nearly one month now and have not even been able to fly it yet.
I have the same problems of bad  pixelation to the point that only the top one 10th of the screen is legible ,plus a delayed transmissions from the drone to tablet.
Ive tried the above link to revert to 4.2.16 with no change at all.
I think I have grounds for a refund.
Does anyone know if in the event that I do decide to return the product can I be refunded for the 12 months of Care refresh that I also purchased.
2018-7-24
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Etoiles31 Posted at 2018-7-14 11:29
Had a big scare with the MA a couple of days back.  I was taking shots of big wall climbing and had increasing lag on the images and on the flight telemetry; just trying to switch from film to photo to film was awful.  Although (I seem to remember) the telemetry was telling me 94% battery it was squawking that it was time to land, so I circled back to the landing site.  At this point the drone had a mind of its own while landing; it took off towards the crowd (one of who was holding the rope of a climber), smacked into a tree, went vertical and thankfully crashed without hurting anyone; only a prop blade; all of that irrespective of the inputs in the RC.
Looking around here and MavicPilots this seems to have originated due to the communications lagging problem noted by so many of you with DJI GO4 v.4.2.20.  Thanks to all your comments and advice I’ve backtracked to v.4.2.12 and done a couple of short test flights; all seems ok.
However I’m not satisfied with the safety of this thing.  An app responding slowly is one thing, but why did the drone go into psychotic mode?  I wonder if this because the battery was depleted although my display didn’t show this.  So I wanted to have a look at the on-board MA flight log (not the android one).  I found this issue https://forum.dji.com/thread-114810-1-1.html and have managed to extract the log but it seems to be encrypted -->  DJI PLEASE ALLOW US TO OPEN THESE FILES SO WE, THE MAVIC PILOTS, CAN ANALYSE THE DATA FROM THEIR AIRCRAFT!

Yeah, they have some problems to deal with. Not just MA, but Spark does this too. Mine was running in active track mode and then attacked, and nearly hit my Mother who is up there, but managed to dive out of the way. None of this happened until the latest apps and firmware. I won't touch using active track around others with this thing. You never when it goes into berserk mode. No rhyme or reason to any of these attacks on YT videos as well.
2018-7-25
Use props
Global Villager
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-11 14:36

DJI GO 4 V 4.2.16 https://adhoc-cn.dji.net/show_app/AndroidApp/n-dji-go-4-4-2-16-6bmoy7mh

DJI Natalia,
Can you please be very clear on what we need to do here? The pixelation and lag has made the drone unusable. Please list precise steps.

1) Uninstall DJI Go 4? What about the original DJI Go? Leave that alone?
2) Then while on the android, click on the link you referenced? DJI GO 4 V 4.2.16 https://adhoc-cn.dji.net/show_ap ... o-4-4-2-16-6bmoy7mh

Please be very clear on what do do. I am really hoping to use my drone later today.

You made reference to DJI working on this Android problem. Has any progress been made?
2018-7-26
Use props
nnote
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

.16 has not worked for me, neither has .14edit. tried .12 a few days ago. also not working
2018-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules