WHAT IS THE BEST MODE FOR VIDEO AND AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY?
1053 20 2018-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 946788 ft
Brunei

Hi guys, I m working on our company 4km road project which I m going to submit to our client for the  progress report. Please advice me whats the best mode using MA to video or photograph the 4km route. Our clients wants a video and photograph. I will be travelling on my motorcycle. Thanks for everyone tips and advice

DADAP ROAD PROJECT

DADAP ROAD PROJECT
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for the inquiry, I would like to clarify if you're trying to take this route while recording using Mavic Air? If you're using a Mavic Air, this aircraft can provide 21 minutes (at a consistent 25 kph) and I'm afraid that the battery will be depleted while you're in this route and for the best mode you can consider the trace mode under the active track for your drone to record this route, please ensure as well that the battery is sufficiently charged for you to maximize the usage of it.
2018-7-11
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-11 15:26
Hi, thank you for the inquiry, I would like to clarify if you're trying to take this route while recording using Mavic Air? If you're using a Mavic Air, this aircraft can provide 21 minutes (at a consistent 25 kph) and I'm afraid that the battery will be depleted while you're in this route and for the best mode you can consider the trace mode under the active track for your drone to record this route, please ensure as well that the battery is sufficiently charged for you to maximize the usage of it.

Thank you DJI Tony, Eg I m starting from A and ends at B. So my RTH will be where the RC is. Just incase half way the battery signal low batt. If I press the RTH button on the RC, will it returns to where the RC or at A. I dont mind to bring the MA down and continue with fresh battery.
2018-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There are many different modes you can use, and all should give you good results, but practice is going to help you.
For instance say a straight run. You could choose tap fly free, aircraft will continue on a very straight line to where you tap on the screen, you then have full control of Yaw movement and gimbal control, while aircraft stays on a straight path.
If you are going to manually control use cinematic mode, you will not get sudden stops when you let go of controls, but be aware breaking will take longer.

If race is slow just use tripod mode it’s very steady and movements are not sharp.

For me the best results can always be found if you try to video in straight lines you won’t get ugly glitches in your footage.

Work how much footage you need, 4K runs can be pretty boring, you need the start and the finish .

If light is going to keep changing I would use auto, very difficult to manually change camera settings when your constantly moving.

One mistake not to make is trying to cover the whole run, this would be impossible with just one camera.
2018-7-11
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-11 15:45
There are many different modes you can use, and all should give you good results, but practice is going to help you.
For instance say a straight run. You could choose tap fly free, aircraft will continue on a very straight line to where you tap on the screen, you then have full control of Yaw movement and gimbal control, while aircraft stays on a straight path.
If you are going to manually control use cinematic mode, you will not get sudden stops when you let go of controls, but be aware breaking will take longer.

Thank you Hllmark007, I will consider your advice on Tap to fly with video setting to auto. What is your opinion if i used 4K 24fps? For the report my clients just wants a video and he dont expect me to produce a hollywood quality.I dont want to spend much time on the field as the weather is too hot today. Cheers from Brunei.
2018-7-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MoNoAd Posted at 2018-7-11 15:57
Thank you Hllmark007, I will consider your advice on Tap to fly with video setting to auto. What is your opinion if i used 4K 24fps? For the report my clients just wants a video and he dont expect me to produce a hollywood quality.I dont want to spend much time on the field as the weather is too hot today. Cheers from Brunei.

4K 24 frames is fine , if your going to do some post it’s great for cropping, also remember most people will only be able to watch in 1080p, but it’s simple to reduce, and for future it’s best keepin 4k copy.

Some of these videos have a much greater appeal 5 years down the line.

Practice tap fly free mode, also you will find many tutorials and vids on YT .

Good luck.
2018-7-11
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-11 16:05
4K 24 frames is fine , if your going to do some post it’s great for cropping, also remember most people will only be able to watch in 1080p, but it’s simple to reduce, and for future it’s best keepin 4k copy.

Some of these videos have a much greater appeal 5 years down the line.

Thanks, have a nice day.
2018-7-11
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

ROAD CONSTRUCTION VIDEO FOOTAGE, JALAN DADAP BRUNEI.

I just completed the video footage and I edit using GoPro Studio. The video was taken using Tap and fly and actually it looks simple, this is my 1st Tap & fly and i still need some practice. Especially selecting where to Tap. The first try I forgot to press the video button and all the way to the end. So i have to redo it.

2018-7-11
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft

Good job, now I would have said this is a perfect scenario for a waypoint mission using Litchi or something.  Waypoints all along the route with the camera set at a reasonable angle.

2018-7-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MoNoAd Posted at 2018-7-11 19:53
I just completed the video footage and I edit using GoPro Studio. The video was taken using Tap and fly and actually it looks simple, this is my 1st Tap & fly and i still need some practice. Especially selecting where to Tap. The first try I forgot to press the video button and all the way to the end. So i have to redo it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82UjO9DD7O0&feature=youtu.be

Good job, for a first attempt, keep going.
2018-7-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent footage MoNoAd
2018-7-12
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

Rockbyter Posted at 2018-7-12 05:33
Good job, now I would have said this is a perfect scenario for a waypoint mission using Litchi or something.  Waypoints all along the route with the camera set at a reasonable angle.

Thank you Rockbyter, I just knew about Litchi and saw the video, next month will give a try on it. Cheers
2018-7-12
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

A CW Posted at 2018-7-12 05:44
Excellent footage MoNoAd

Thanks ACW
2018-7-12
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Brunei

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-12 05:37
Good job, for a first attempt, keep going.

Thanks hallmark007
2018-7-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You’re welcome mate - best wishes with the project
2018-7-12
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Malaysia

I was onboard a ferry crossing the river. I Hurt my finger when the bird land on my palm. During the hover i was not aware the ferry was moving forward.
20180713_115338.jpg
2018-7-12
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Malaysia

Red arrow,that's me.
DJI_0253.JPG
Screenshot_20180713-121914_Gallery.jpg
2018-7-12
Use props
dronto
Second Officer

Wow nice work!
2018-7-13
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

MoNoAd Posted at 2018-7-12 20:00
I was onboard a ferry crossing the river. I Hurt my finger when the bird land on my palm. During the hover i was not aware the ferry was moving forward.

That's why its not recommended to take off or land from moving objects. bit risky. any way looks like a small cut.. lesson learnt!!
2018-7-13
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Malaysia

Rafi_m Posted at 2018-7-13 04:53
That's why its not recommended to take off or land from moving objects. bit risky. any way looks like a small cut.. lesson learnt!!

I agree with you Rafi, thanks
2018-7-13
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Malaysia

Thanks dronto
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now